• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Future Schedule

AZDoc

DONOR
Was reading and came upon this...

https://gogriz.com/news/2019/5/7/football-future-griz-big-sky-and-nonconference-opponents-announced.aspx

AZDoc said:

https://gogriz.com/news/2019/5/7/football-future-griz-big-sky-and-nonconference-opponents-announced.aspx

Doesn't appear they are planning to move to FBS anytime soon.

behappp said:
AZDoc said:

Doesn't appear they are planning to move to FBS anytime soon.
Kent Haslam: "They have excellent facilities and a great football tradition at St. George, so that will be a good regional matchup for us."
Got to wondering about this key statement. Turns out, there's some accuracy, and a whole lot of blowing smoke here. From reports I found, there facilities are supposedly pretty good. So, fair enough.

But as for “football tradition” … not so much. According to NCAA stats, Dixie State is 44-97 in D-II football since the 2006 season (as far back as the table goes). There best finish was 4th in the RMAC last year. Most years have been much worse than that.

The end of Haslam’s statement sums up the whole thing: By the time the Griz play Dixie, they will be a full-fledged Division I program. As such, they will be one of only a handful of FCS football programs in the region that are not already part of the Big Sky.

(FWIW, Dixie has been pretty successful in D-II basketball, so they could slot into the WAC fairly well.)

Looks like I got another “home” game to go to in 2025. Only a 280 mile drive to Western Carolina. That’s right next door practically.

AZDoc said:
Predominantly unexciting stuff.

kemajic said:
AZDoc said:

My sentiments exactly. Ain't an OOC game on the schedule that moves my needle. Lots of record padding going on. Where's NDSU? UNI? SDSU? USD? YSU? etc., etc.?

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZDoc said:

My sentiments exactly. Ain't an OOC game on the schedule that moves my needle. Lots of record padding going on. Where's NDSU? UNI? SDSU? USD? YSU? etc., etc.?

What’s your problem? Dixie State is on the schedule. Don’t you know they have a great tradition?

Spanky2 said:
... What’s your problem? Dixie State is on the schedule. Don’t you know they have a great tradition?
Still trying to discover that (see above). :lol:

alabamagrizzly said:
Looks like I got another “home” game to go to in 2025. Only a 280 mile drive to Western Carolina. That’s right next door practically.

Assuming you are still occupying this particular plane of existence of course.

grizindabox said:
Spanky2 said:
grizindabox said:
I was curious how long the bitching and whining would take.

And what are you doing exactly?

Watching people bitch and whine. You?
You have a demented definition of "bitching and whining" when "predominantly unexciting" meets your threshold. Try adding something instead of anointing yourself as the judge. If you have an argument about how exciting it is, let's hear it.

cclarkblues said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Assuming you are still occupying this particular plane of existence of course.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Six years. Yes, that is a questionable time frame for some of us.

kemajic said:
grizindabox said:
Spanky2 said:
grizindabox said:

You have a demented definition of "bitching and whining" when "predominantly unexciting" meets your threshold. Try adding something instead of anointing yourself as the judge. If you have an argument about how exciting it is, let's hear it.

You are right. Everyone can complain all they want about a FCS team scheduling other FCS teams.

grizindabox said:
Spanky2 said:
grizindabox said:

Reminds me of something funny my buddy said. "The other day I was watching my dog chase his tail. I was thinking, how easily amused these dogs are. Then I realized I was watching my dog chase his tail."

grizindabox said:
kemajic said:
grizindabox said:
Spanky2 said:

You are right. Everyone can complain all they want about a FCS team scheduling other FCS teams.

Let me put it this way, box: they can schedule whomever they’d like but there’s not a single game on that list that will make me get on a plane and fly to Missoula for a game. Not bitching. Fact. Because I only fly first class and dine at the finest restaurants...I can’t be spending my $2500 to see us play Dixie Fucking State.

A clerk in Haslam’s office could have made that schedule. If that’s the best we can do, make a parking lot out of the football stadium and concentrate on basketball.

Back