• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ty Gregorak: Terrific Article by Rachac

PlayerRep

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/new-game-plan-ty-gregorak-reflects-on-departure-from-montana/article_9ff8521d-9004-5b10-997f-e69104cfbd60.html

Never heard of him. Just kidding. Article is very good...hope Ty kills it.

His record in Griz/cat games is superb.

I'm glad he put all the speculation to bed once and for all. He has been through a tough three months. Football is special, but not everything.

….I always viewed the Cats D a lot better than their Offensive..so I'm not sure I'm buying into it that it was his
performance...if it was his performance why not fire all the other coaches as well for their performance!..
anyway I always like Ty wish him well!

Tough leap to Stryker given his age and work history. I hope he makes it. Not going to be easy and if he thought coaching was a pressure cooker - he is in for a rude awakening. I sincerely hope he does well, but I think there is a high probability be ends up back in coaching and moves from Bozangeles.

Copper Griz said:
Tough leap to Stryker given his age and work history. I hope he makes it. Not going to be easy and if he thought coaching was a pressure cooker - he is in for a rude awakening. I sincerely hope he does well, but I think there is a high probability be ends up back in coaching and moves from Bozangeles.
“Work history” haha do you think his degree matters also? These things don’t matter in sales.

grizghost said:
...so I'm not sure I'm buying into it that it was his
performance...if it was his performance why not fire all the other coaches as well for their performance!..

Now, THAT is a great question! Unfortunately, Choate is the only one who could answer.

Copper Griz said:

there is some real truth to what copper griz says....

tourist said:
grizghost said:
...so I'm not sure I'm buying into it that it was his

Now, THAT is a great question! Unfortunately, Choate is the only one who could answer.

I think Tyron picked his words carefully. His "performance" can mean more than how his defense performed

Damn, there are some great oneliners here. :thumb:
Ever since Slick Willy and his 'it depends on what the meaning of 'is' is' that it becomes necessary to comb over every word or phrase. :roll:

I think there is more truth to the rumors than people think. If that would have happened at UM it would have been front page news. Especially if a 20 year old kid with his whole life in front of him was involved. It made no sense what so ever to get rid of those 2 coaches unless something like that was going on behind the scenes. There was more to the story than I read in that article.

There is way more to the story than this article. Some say that we have no right to know. I would say...he worked for a public university and if there is a reason to ask someone to step down..:it probably should be public knowledge. I do think it’s interesting that certain news sources have 0 aggression to pushing turmoil stories at MSU, when they push all day everyday at UM.

mtgrizfankb said:
There is way more to the story than this article. Some say that we have no right to know. I would say...he worked for a public university and if there is a reason to ask someone to step down..:it probably should be public knowledge. I do think it’s interesting that certain news sources have 0 aggression to pushing turmoil stories at MSU, when they push all day everyday at UM.

No. If there was some big scandal going on you can bet there would be a reporter digging it up. Maybe Ty and his wife did have some marital problems... who doesn't? Maybe TY got into a fight downtown? Maybe his heard wasn't into coaching anymore so he wasn't giving 100% Who knows? The facts of the matter are that last year MSU was almost dead last in 3rd down defense. Choate and Ty have both stated publicly it was a performance based firing. Choate won't stop until MSU is not just good or great but dominant in all phases of the game.

poorgriz said:
If there was some big scandal going on you can bet there would be a reporter digging it up.

Wrong. The door has been slammed and locked on this one. Ty's words were something like, "...largely performance..." matters. It would take an independent investigative journalist, an author, to do the digging necessary to reveal everything. Any reporter from a Montana newspaper who decided to dig on his own would find himself looking for work elsewhere. If there was any way this matter could smear UM football, the Missoulian would be all over it.

garizzalies said:
He wanted to spend more time at home so he became a traveling sales man?

Exactly. I guess I didn't have the same "warm fuzzies" as some who read this. I don't know how his wife can sleep peacefully knowing he's on the road, given his track record. If you like him before this article, I guess you found a way to find this satisfying. As a critic of this guy, I see plenty of red flags.

Zirg said:
garizzalies said:
He wanted to spend more time at home so he became a traveling sales man?

Exactly. I guess I didn't have the same "warm fuzzies" as some who read this. I don't know how his wife can sleep peacefully knowing he's on the road, given his track record. If you like him before this article, I guess you found a way to find this satisfying. As a critic of this guy, I see plenty of red flags.

What's his track record? Note that the Boulder police admitted that they were wrong, tape showed he wasn't at the strip club, and charges were promptly dropped. What else?

Honestly people, I was never a TG guy, but he is moving on with his life for whatever reason...give it a break and no, he doesn't owe anyone on here an explanation.

Back