• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cal Poly vacating wins.

the#1grizfan

How deep does this go?

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/26554592/ncaa-comes-cal-poly-books-violation

This is the crime of the century. CP should get the death penalty.

"The investigation determined these cash stipends resulted in 30 student-athletes exceeding their financial aid limits by an average of $174.57."

"Several student-athletes used the book stipend to pay for items that were not related to required books or supplies such as food, rent, utilities and car repairs," the report said. "On an individual basis, for those student-athletes who received cash that exceeded the cost of books and supplies, the value of the overages ranged from $5 to $734 and totaled $16,180."

the#1grizfan said:
What kind of probation are we talking here?

Fine every NCAA executive the same amount since they're the problem... Oh wait, they'll punish the kids' program, that's right.

Oh, the horror. Athletes keeping left over book money...

The school found the issue...investigated the issue...sent the findings to the NCAA...and then got a hammer dropped on them.

This whole thing was and is a huge waste of time and money requiring a faceless bureaucracy that is superb at....wasting time and money.

SoldierGriz said:
Oh, the horror. Athletes keeping left over book money...

The school found the issue...investigated the issue...sent the findings to the NCAA...and then got a hammer dropped on them.

This whole thing was and is a huge waste of time and money requiring a faceless bureaucracy that is superb at....wasting time and money.

CP must have hired Engstrom as its consultant for this. Has CP never heard of SSS (wolf remedy) or cover-up? Ha.

Cal Poly wishes to reiterate that no illegal hot dogs were dispensed to boosters:

https://www.alumni.calpoly.edu/controls/email_marketing/view_in_browser.aspx?sid=699&gid=1&sendId=292770&ecatid=18&puid=4476a9b2-351a-4878-91f0-37fb3e9a3dee

"Basically, it boils down to this one point, a point upon which the NCAA and Cal Poly are in in full agreement: We made a single accounting error repeated over several years in the application of the textbook scholarships. These errors totaled $5237.10 spread among 30 student-athletes over a three and a half year period.

The NCAA did not find that any student-athlete or coaching staff member had committed any wrongdoing in the issuance of textbooks. This was an administrative accounting error.

The penalties imposed were expected by our university throughout this process, with the exception of the vacation of records. We are exploring our options to address this point with the NCAA.

This is a relatively minor NCAA rules violation that includes no loss of scholarships and no loss of post season eligibility. Our textbook procedures were corrected in 2015 to ensure we do not duplicate these accounting errors."

I don't know about you all, but I hate to see this kind of stuff with any team. It casts a dark shadow on every team, not just the one who gets caught.

reinell30 said:
I don't know about you all, but I hate to see this kind of stuff with any team. It casts a dark shadow on every team, not just the one who gets caught.

Caught for a tiny accounting error? I don't see how a tiny accounting error reflects poorly on even CP.

I'm sure the competitive advantage gained by providing about 170 bucks to a few athletes was HUGE.....give me a friggin break. Dumb.

Latest posts

Back