• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

3 TE's?

GlacierGrizX

Its sounds like we have three very capable TE's coming into this year? Does anyone have an idea on different formations and sets that could be used? What allows the Griz the best opportunity for mismatches, being it a power run (two tight/overload) or a passing situation where TE blocks and releases for a pass? Do we have better pass ability up the center or on the edge with current personnel? Any thoughts after Spring game? I would not mind seeing a play where Akem streaks down field, JLM or Sulser do a drag a across the field and the TE fills the void of the two former WRs on a bubble, out or flag?

GlacierGrizX said:
Its sounds like we have three very capable TE's coming into this year? Does anyone have an idea on different formations and sets that could be used? What allows the Griz the best opportunity for mismatches, being it a power run (two tight/overload) or a passing situation where TE blocks and releases for a pass? Do we have better pass ability up the center or on the edge with current personnel? Any thoughts after Spring game? I would not mind seeing a play where Akem streaks down the field, JLM or Sulser do a drag an across the field and the TE fills the void of the two former WRs on a bubble, out or flag?

Tight ends were fairly capable last year as well. How they are used is going to depend more on the performance of the Oline. Last year they were relegated to blocking most of the time out of pure necessity. If the Oline can hold it's own then we can start seeing some plays that release one tight end from a block and sneak them out for a bubble or flag route or a quick out. However, if the Oline is still struggling expect most of time two tight end sets to be only used for a little extra blocking

Griz ran several 2TE sets last year but I think it was mainly so they could stay home and help block. Hopefully our O line will be improved and we can open up our offense a bit and get our talented TE’s some routes.

think all three have good hands and speed......because they have been blockers first in the past and the safeties tend to cheat up ,,,,, i can vision a scenario where they block down, then release on a seam route and be wide open for big plays....kind of like new england uses Gronc......

Back