• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How many show for spring game in kalispell

Not nearly as many that would have shown up in Billings. Griz have lost a lot of the Billings share to the kittens over the past 4 years. At least do the game in GF or Helena every year so it’s a easy Saturday morning drive from Billings. Kalispell is a horrible place to have the spring game!

Richard Cranium said:
Not nearly as many that would have shown up in Billings. Griz have lost a lot of the Billings share to the kittens over the past 4 years. At least do the game in GF or Helena every year so it’s a easy Saturday morning drive from Billings. Kalispell is a horrible place to have the spring game!

Says a dude from Great Falls...

Richard Cranium said:

Okay to have it there every once in a while, but they seem to be hitching their wagon to the Flathead. Signing Day, Spring Game, etc. I know, sponsors, strong GSA Chapter, etc. But Montana's a big state and Kalispell is not easy to get to for most.

That said, it was in Butte 2 years ago so it's not always in Kalispell.

I drove up to Kali a week or so ago. Roads will be fine; maybe a little rainy but certainly not snowy/icy.
I know we are always behind the times in MT, but we are literally like a month behind schedule this year. Way more than usual; rivers will be hard to float. Instead of that drive being it’s usual beautiful green this time of year, it still had not quite turned the corner on winter.
The lake was frozen this winter. First time I'd ever seen that—and it was really weird. Reminded me of some apocalyptic scene. Like the movie The Stand, where Vegas is still fun but scary as hell

I'll be there along with a few friends from Missoula, but the stadium is 5 blocks from my house so it's a no brainer. I can see how it is a tough drive for the "eastsiders" of the state. I'm not sure I would come this far, although I did go to Butte.

As far as weather, the snow is all gone, which, I wan't sure would ever happen. There is actually green grass starting to poke out. The roads will be no problem. The forecast is for partly sunny and mid 50's. I think it will be a great day.

grizaremoregooder said:
Too far to go. Gonna need some updates.

airs on SWX again and should be on gogriz.com. Only way for me to watch it, being in Colorado.

A number of football players are from Northwest Mt. It will be nice for their family and friends to be able to watch them scrimmage. Kalispell is not that far from Missoula. The roads will be good and the boys need your support. GO GRIZ

I think the Griz should pick four or five locations and then rotate them every year. Missoula, Kalispell, Billings, Great Falls.....Glendive. Yes Glendive. I spoke with a member of the Sidney GSA and they would love having a spring game in their neighborhood.

Makes a ton of sense to do it in Great Falls as it is central as you can get with a nice stadium. It even makes more sense now that the Cats don't do any Spring ball stuff in G-Funk.

Yukon said:
grizaremoregooder said:
Too far to go. Gonna need some updates.

airs on SWX again and should be on gogriz.com. Only way for me to watch it, being in Colorado.

I did not know that thank you very much! I have made it to the Spring game the last 3 years but Kalispell is just too far for us. I hope the folks up there take advantage of the opportunity.

My wife and I are driving up from Missoula for the Griz scrimmage. We're meeting with a number of Flathead friends going to the game.

The Spring Game should be rotated between various cities of the state. Last time it was in Billings, there was excellent attendance.

Ominous sign for the upcoming season.

[media]https://twitter.com/bwahlberg/status/1116809789831434241?s=21[/media]

:eek:

Back