• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where will Graves be used?

GlacierGrizX

It seems like he is sort of being used like a Swiss-army knife, at many positions? Where most likely will he be used at: QB, RB or defense? Seems like he might be athletic enough to sniff some playing time as RS-Frosh this year? (used a few times last year) Where do people see him as a starter?

I’ve always said at safety, but it seems we are fairly deep at that position right now.

RB is the most likely spot, at least this year.

What’s the chances he is a defensive player and a backup QB? I mean it would be the first player I know do such a thing. Can you imagine if we had to play him, if something happened to sneed? Imagine what people would say

If I could place him anywhere on the roster for this season, I’d start him at running back

mtgrizfankb said:
What’s the chances he is a defensive player and a backup QB? I mean it would be the first player I know do such a thing. Can you imagine if we had to play him, if something happened to sneed? Imagine what people would say

I see what you did there... ;)

he is the closest player we have to an Anderson type kid....i say line backer where he should be a star in a couple years.

Just get him on the field somewhere. The kid is a winner. I think with some Q1 coaching he will get there p, but in the meantime, give him the ball and let him run it. Looks like one of the toughest runners we have. Maybe have a simplified play set for Q1 until he learns the system. He's going to be fun to watch wherever they put him. He’s a stud!

BWahlberg said:
garizzalies said:
BWahlberg said:
If I could place him anywhere on the roster for this season, I’d start him at running back
Start?

Hell. Yes.

i know from your past posts you are pretty conservative ....this leads me to believe you are seeing a darn good athlete in the practice sessions.....so start him ! ........ i know this..he is a tough kid.

sdk.catfish said:
by reinell30 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:17 am

Agree 100% with this. Put him behind Janacaro blocking.

Wouldn't the blocks be more effective if they were made in front of Janacaro?

Yeah, I thought he meant the only blocker would be Janacaro too. :roll:

grizindabox said:
sdk.catfish said:
by reinell30 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:17 am

Agree 100% with this. Put him behind Janacaro blocking.

Wouldn't the blocks be more effective if they were made in front of Janacaro?

Yeah, I thought he meant the only blocker would be Janacaro too. :roll:

OK, sorry I didn't see your vision. Janacaro being used as a fullback to open the holes for Graves would be a perfect scenario. Kind of like the way Bobby ball used to be with his power game.

Back