• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU struggling with FCS playoff costs

UNDfan

https://theeasterner.org/45126/sports/ewu-board-of-trustees-focus-on-football-playoff-budget-during-meeting/
EWU had to unload fb tickets to NDSU fans or they would have been stuck with tens of thousands in losses.
As you former AD said, “it’s either DII or FBS”. FCS is a loser for finances.

FBS offers a guaranteed $1 mill per school (may go way up in 2025), triple the P5 guarantees (Idaho is still getting P5 payments), bowl games that have a payout, and a much bigger media awareness that is worth millions.

Lynn Hickey guided UTSA to FBS and her experience will come in handy when EWU moves up with the Montanas, Idaho, and Weber St with the Summit to FBS

You do realize that almost every single FCS school struggles with FCS playoff costs. I will also add that the chances of UM moving to D2 are much much greater than the odds they move to FBS.

I had to bite, mostly because I was in the area already, but I attended the NC game in Frisco. It was about 80/20 NDSU to EWU attendance. I wonder if it will get to the point that the game devolves to an exhibition contest between NDSU and some designated cupcake, where the stands is a solid sea of green and yellow. The game is bordering on meaningless.

grizindabox said:
You do realize that almost every single FCS school struggles with FCS playoff costs. I will also add that the chances of UM moving to D2 are much much greater than the odds they move to FBS.

Meaningless post without the chances/odds exchange rate.

Give Bobby two years, and it'll be 60-40 Griz to prairie cows.... It takes a couple years to rebuild from getting nuked, by an idiotic chemistry set playing nerd....🤬

TxGriz said:
I had to bite, mostly because I was in the area already, but I attended the NC game in Frisco. It was about 80/20 NDSU to EWU attendance. I wonder if it will get to the point that the game devolves to an exhibition contest between NDSU and some designated cupcake, where the stands is a solid sea of green and yellow. The game is bordering on meaningless.

I have to agree. They recruit solely out of state like an FBS school, they block like an FBS school, and now we know they dope like an FBS school. I don't know what's left for them at this level.

CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=chance+to+odds+calculator&oq=chance+to+odds+calculator&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2.7051j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=chance+to+odds+calculator&oq=chance+to+odds+calculator&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2.7051j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

But, you said greater.

UNDfan said:
https://theeasterner.org/45126/sports/ewu-board-of-trustees-focus-on-football-playoff-budget-during-meeting/
EWU had to unload fb tickets to NDSU fans or they would have been stuck with tens of thousands in losses.

FBS offers a guaranteed $1 mill per school (may go way up in 2025), triple the P5 guarantees (Idaho is still getting P5 payments), bowl games that have a payout, and a much bigger media awareness that is worth millions.

Lynn Hickey guided UTSA to FBS and her experience will come in handy when EWU moves up with the Montanas, Idaho, and Weber St with the Summit to FBS

The article didn’t say EWU was struggling with playoff cost. EWU made a modest amount of money on the playoffs, and decided to take an extra charter to Frisco. That charter included 30 players who wouldn’t otherwise go, the band, the cheer squad, a couple wives, and 17 athletic department extras. Some of the cost included things that will be used in the future. The article said EWU’s participation had contributed about $3 million to the brand.

EWU seemed fine with all this.

UND Fan is an idiot.

PlayerRep said:
UNDfan said:

The article didn’t say EWU was struggling with playoff cost. EWU made a modest amount of money on the playoffs, and decided to take an extra charter to Frisco. That charter included 30 players who wouldn’t otherwise go, the band, the cheer squad, a couple wives, and 17 athletic department extras. Some of the cost included things that will be used in the future. The article said EWU’s participation had contributed about $3 million to the brand.

UND Fan is an idiot.

Hemingway would be proud. Often the truest message needs the fewest words. :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:

But, you said greater.

greatDictionary result for great
/ɡrāt/Submit
adjective
comparative adjective: greater
of an extent, amount, or intensity considerably above the normal or average.
"the article was of great interest"
synonyms: considerable, substantial, pronounced, sizeable, significant, appreciable, serious, exceptional, inordinate, extraordinary, special More
of ability, quality, or eminence considerably above the normal or average.
"the great Italian conductor"
synonyms: prominent, eminent, preeminent, important, distinguished, august, illustrious, noble; More

PlayerRep said:
UNDfan said:

UND Fan is an idiot.

And PlayerRep is the greatest intellectual ever to grace eGriz, says himself. :D :D

grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:

But, you said greater.

/ɡrāt/Submit
adjective
synonyms: considerable, substantial, pronounced, sizeable, significant, appreciable, serious, exceptional, inordinate, extraordinary, special More
synonyms: prominent, eminent, preeminent, important, distinguished, august, illustrious, noble; More

I need to know the chances versus the odds.

UNDfan said:
PlayerRep said:
UNDfan said:

UND Fan is an idiot.

And PlayerRep is the greatest intellectual ever to grace eGriz, says himself. :D :D

His statement, however, is true. You are an idiot.

CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:

But, you said greater.

/ɡrāt/Submit
adjective

Me to, but pretty sure chances>>odds

grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:
But, you said greater.

/ɡrāt/Submit
adjective

An estimated percentage and an estimated ratio would be helpful so we can compare.

CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:
/ɡrāt/Submit
adjective

An estimated percentage and an estimated ratio would be helpful so we can compare.

Sure...stay tuned.

AZGrizFan said:
UNDfan said:
PlayerRep said:
UNDfan said:

UND Fan is an idiot.

His statement, however, is true. You are an idiot.

:lol:

SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
UNDfan said:

UND Fan is an idiot.

Hemingway would be proud. Often the truest message needs the fewest words. :thumb:

Indeed.

Back