• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Billings Spring Scrimmage

mtgrizrule said:
Anyone know the date and time?

I don't think there has been official word on much including details on Spring practices and scrimmages. I think so far we have been given one tweet with the first day of winter conditioning. Things have been on lock down. It could be how Hauck wants it or a problem with the people in charge of social media outreach. I have no idea but it would be cool for fans to stay somewhat engaged in the offseason for tid bits like the Spring Scrimmage dates, etc. I have more clue what's going on in Bozeman lately.

I'm needing to request time off work, for the Friday before. No way, I will get up early to travel Sat morning.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuC71KKH2Xq/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Spring ball starts in two weeks.

At the :21 mark it shows the poster with the info.

https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/1093544908399362053?s=19

Kalispell in 2019. Hamilton in 2020. Probably Missoula in 2021. Unless another city wants to pony up.

BDizzle said:
Kalispell in 2019. Hamilton in 2020. Probably Missoula in 2021. Unless another city wants to pony up.

When is Huntsville, Al on the schedule? I’m starting to think it’s not coming around here anytime soon.

alabamagrizzly said:
BDizzle said:

When is Huntsville, Al on the schedule? I’m starting to think it’s not coming around here anytime soon.

but seth bodnar made that half-court shot, so i think it has to happen? wasn't that the deal?

Sorry to say it, but having the game anyplace other than Missoula is a mistake. The GSA needs to realize a significant number of Griz fans travel from Great Falls (which hosts the largest GSA State tour stop) and farther east to attend the scrimmage. Keep the game in Missoula and create an annual Griz experience that fans can get excited for. Just my :twocents:
GO GRIZ!!!!

UofMGrizFan said:
Sorry to say it, but having the game anyplace other than Missoula is a mistake. The GSA needs to realize a significant number of Griz fans travel from Great Falls (which hosts the largest GSA State tour stop) and farther east to attend the scrimmage. Keep the game in Missoula and create an annual Griz experience that fans can get excited for. Just my :twocents:
GO GRIZ!!!!
Agree 100%

Do other schools hold their spring games in locations other than the home stadium? I honestly don't know, so thought I'd ask. I've totally enjoyed the spring games in Butte, Helena, Polson, but tend to agree that keeping the game in Missoula is probably best.

UofMGrizFan said:
GO GRIZ!!!!

I say bring the spring game to Great Falls and couple it with the GSA BBQ. The cats are gone now and it is time to take over the east.

reinell30 said:
...bring the spring game to Great Falls and couple it with the GSA BBQ. The cats are gone now and it is time to take over the east.

:thumb: Opporturity is knocking. Hello? Anybody home?

reinell30 said:
UofMGrizFan said:
GO GRIZ!!!!

I say bring the spring game to Great Falls and couple it with the GSA BBQ. The cats are gone now and it is time to take over the east.

I'm all in for keeping it in Missoula, but with the scat scrimmage a thing of the past in Great Falls the timing is perfect!!!! :thumb:
GO GRIZ!!!!

Trust me it was discussed about doing it in Great Falls. But guess what, it is a big task. And the Great Falls GSA has to be completely on board (they had 3 members at the GSA meeting this past week). Also, you have the huge BBQ. So if you do the BBQ and the game in the Great Falls, the GSA won't make as much as having the BBQ in Great Falls and the game somewhere else.

argh! said:
alabamagrizzly said:
BDizzle said:

but seth bodnar made that half-court shot, so i think it has to happen? wasn't that the deal?

McKenzie Johnston sunk a longer shot the same day, during her game.

Wayne Tinkle's makes them from half court without looking at the basket. https://montanasports.com/more-college/pac-12/2018/10/23/watch-wayne-tinkle-sinks-backward-half-court-shot-during-oregon-states-orange-black-scrimmage/

Back