• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Top 10 2019 Griz Signees

WaGriz4life

Who do you think our top ten recruits are in this class? This is not to say who will play the soonest necessarily, but who you think will end up having the best Griz careers. Spare me the whole “we won’t know for three years” crap. These are predictions. Here are the guys I’m most excited about.

1. Johnny Barthel 6’5” 260 OT Bellevue, WA (Bellevue)
2. Jacob McGourin 6’5” 230 DE Cheney, WA (Cheney)
3. Joey Elwell 6’3” 225 TE Meridian, ID (Mountain View)
4. Alex Hurlburt 6’3” 220 DE Salem, OR (West Salem)
5. Ryder Meyer 5’9” 160 S Fairfield, MT (Fairfield)
6. Trevin Gradney 6’0” 170 CB Billings, MT (West)
7. Jesse Owens 5’9” 175 WR Billings, MT (West)
8. Garrison Poetzl 6’4” 250 DT Billings, MT (Senior)
9. Colin Dreis 6’7” 290 OL Tucson, AZ (Salpointe)
10. Kale Edwards 6’5” 210 LB Coeur D’Alene, ID (Coeur D’Alene)

1. Hurlburt- coaches think this guy would honestly be a 4 star guy if he got the attention he deserved.
2. Edwards he has the mix to be a great hybrid player for us
3.Owens- He will slide right into the lineup come his 2nd year for us
4. Barthel -could and should be a 3-4 year starter/significant player
5. Dreis- could be the exact same as above
6. Elwell - depends on how he is utilized..could very well be #1 on this list.
7. Ostmo- Lot of people taking him for granted...I think he is a legit prospect for us
8. Walker- Could be here..could be #1. He is a talent...can he put it together at college speed?
9. McGourin- Good size..decent speed..how will he hold up play after play?
10. Simpson- Call me crazy but Simpson still has ok fcs speed. 6'6 could be a nightmare if he gets to the 210+ range and maintains what he has.

Side note: I think Pillians and Knight are both top 10 additions to the roster but because they have less time to make an impact I held them off

DE/DL- Noah Kaschmitter 6'3" 225 (Grangeville HS) Grangeville, ID
Feel like he is not getting much attention. Tape he looks like an animal.

Hurlburt will be nominated for every defensive category award possible before he graduates UM!

Knight, Ostmo, Elwell

reinell30 said:
Hurlburt will be nominated for every defensive category award possible before he graduates UM!

Knight, Ostmo, Elwell

absolutely agree about Hurlburt.

Hurlburt
Barthel
Edwards
Elwell
Dreis
Walker
Ostmo
Owens
McGourin
Poetzl

I also didn't add the transfers as I hope they are brought in specifically to do just that...play and make a difference. The frosh to me are what this thread is about.

your wrong said:
DE/DL- Noah Kaschmitter 6'3" 225 (Grangeville HS) Grangeville, ID
Feel like he is not getting much attention. Tape he looks like an animal.

I wanted to put him in the top 10 but went with the Montana boy at 10 instead.

Just based on film and chance to start earier then later

1. Alex Hurlburt 6’3” 220 DE Salem, OR (West Salem)
2. Jesse Owens 5’9” 175 WR Billings, MT (West)
3. Jacob McGourin 6’5” 230 DE Cheney, WA (Cheney)
4. Joey Elwell 6’3” 225 TE Meridian, ID (Mountain View)
5. Ryder Meyer 5’9” 160 S Fairfield, MT (Fairfield)
6. Trevin Gradney 6’0” 170 CB Billings, MT (West)
7. Kale Edwards 6’5” 210 LB Coeur D’Alene, ID (Coeur D’Alene)
8. Garrison Poetzl 6’4” 250 DT Billings, MT (Senior)
9. Ryan Tirrell 6’2” 195 (Loyola HS) Missoula, MT
10. Nick Ostmo 6'0" 215 (Lincoln HS) Portland, OR

All worthy choices. Call me crazy, but I’ve got a feeling Salagor (if he sticks) will be something special. Can’t say I’ve ever seen an o-lineman with his kind of wheels, ever. Couple that with a boxing background, & good coaching, he could be a once in a generation kind of talent.

bgbigdog said:
All worthy choices. Call me crazy, but I’ve got a feeling Salagor (if he sticks) will be something special. Can’t say I’ve ever seen an o-lineman with his kind of wheels, ever. Couple that with a boxing background, & good coaching, he could be a once in a generation kind of talent.

I'm on board the Salagor hype train. Like I've said, Germer can lock this dude in the Champion's center for 2 years and build him like an OLine Frankenstein. The speed he shows on tape is ridiculous for a guy his size. I'd say Salagor and Jesse Owens are the two recruits i' most excited about.

after looking at the videos, i have a hard time putting anybody above elwell. he seemed to look the most "ready" to play college football.

Back