• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Trumaine

Good thing you guys got the monthly TJ thread going.

Pro sports, as captioned, is about playing for cash. And as badly as the rams DB’s are playing tonight, I’d bet it was the GM who wished they could have worked something out.

bgbigdog said:

Pro sports, as captioned, is about playing for cash. And as badly as the rams DB’s are playing tonight, I’d bet it was the GM who wished they could have worked something out.

Edit: perhaps he could have played some offense?

bgbigdog said:
bgbigdog said:

what?

bgbigdog said:
bgbigdog said:

How much was Cooper Kupp missed?

tourist said:
bgbigdog said:
bgbigdog said:

Infinity

bgbigdog said:

DB's played bad?? While they may have, if I'm facing Tom Brady in the super bowl and he ends on these stats, I couldn't be happier!!!
21/35 262 YARDS 0 TD 1 INT

$26 million in 2018, compared to an average of $15 million in the prior two years. I think he feels fine.

"A five-year, $72.5 million pact, Johnson’s contract breaks down rather lavishly. Here’s how, according to ESPN’s Rich Cimini:

Signing Bonus: $20 million signing bonus
Fully guaranteed: $34 million
2018 Base Salary: $6 million (fully guaranteed)
2019 Base Salary: $8 million (fully guaranteed)
2020 Base Salary: $11 million (guaranteed for injury only, becomes fully guaranteed on the third day of the league year)
2021 Base Salary: $13 million
2022 Base Salary: $14.5 million
Cap Charges: $10 million (2018), $12 million (2019), $15 million (2020), $17 million (2021), $18.5 million (2022)
As you can see in the photo below, Johnson just became a much richer man. With his signing bonus and base salary, he will make $26 million in 2018 alone."

"After earning more than $30 million over the last two years on tags, the defender’s new deal with the Jets will provide him with his biggest payday yet."

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/16/trumaine-johnson-contract-breakdown-jets-cb-will-make-26m-in-2018/

Tru needs to stay healthy and play an entire season. Then he needs to make the pro-bowl so people can know who he is. That is if he wants to be recognized?

Bertram said:
tourist said:

Kupp in the lineup , Rams would have won
Kupp and a healthy Gurley (I think his ACL is messed up again -- or his head is). The Rams were missing two of their best offensive weapons. Would the Pats have won missing Edelman and Gronk? I bet not.

Grisly Fan said:
Bertram said:
tourist said:

Kupp in the lineup , Rams would have won
Kupp and a healthy Gurley (I think his ACL is messed up again -- or his head is). The Rams were missing two of their best offensive weapons. Would the Pats have won missing Edelman and Gronk? I bet not.

Good point on Edelman and Gronk.

reinell30 said:
Tru needs to stay healthy and play an entire season. Then he needs to make the pro-bowl so people can know who he is. That is if he wants to be recognized?

All too often, these talented players end up on teams with no chance of winning anything, like the Jets, and during their twilight years, demand to be traded to a team with Super Bowl aspirations, to get that RING. Tru had the Super Bowl aspirations in his hands, but went for the money.

Grisly Fan said:
fanofzoo said:
Bet he was happy he left after that sh*t show.

Yeah, pretty crappy to be playing in the Super Bowl. Wonder how it was for players of the other 30 teams?

Oh you mean playing for a crappy super bowl team that shouldn't have been there.

fanofzoo said:
Grisly Fan said:
fanofzoo said:
Bet he was happy he left after that sh*t show.

Yeah, pretty crappy to be playing in the Super Bowl. Wonder how it was for players of the other 30 teams?

Oh you mean playing for a crappy super bowl team that shouldn't have been there.

Opposed to playing for the Jets. Hmm...

tourist said:
reinell30 said:

All too often, these talented players end up on teams with no chance of winning anything, like the Jets, and during their twilight years, demand to be traded to a team with Super Bowl aspirations, to get that RING. Tru had the Super Bowl aspirations in his hands, but went for the money.

I don't think the Rams offered him a contract. They tagged him the previous 2 years because they could do it on the cheap. They couldn't tag him again so they let him walk without an offer. At least that is the way I understand the situation.

Back