• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Updated Roster

dayday

DONOR
https://gogriz.com/roster.aspx?path=football

A couple things I noticed:
-No Lewis Cowans on the roster
- Justin Calhoun is still on the roster
- Marcus Knight is #21
-Braxton Hill is #35
- Cole Grossman is #43 and listed as a TE but his Dad recently indicated he was going to play Defense.
-Pillians is #71

Seems to be a lack of numbers on the DL.

DuCharme said:
Was Justin supposed to leave? I missed something if his name is notable.

There was some speculation in light of Jeremy's situation but nothing has been done to indicate that he is. That is all I was talking about.

DuCharme said:
Justin was never going to leave. It was the anti-Hauck crowd speculating that he might throw a hissy-fit and follow his brother out the door. He probably knows better than anyone what really went on.

I initially read "Jeremy Calhoun is still on the roster.". Was very excited for about 5 seconds.

kemajic said:
DuCharme said:
Justin was never going to leave. It was the anti-Hauck crowd speculating that he might throw a hissy-fit and follow his brother out the door. He probably knows better than anyone what really went on.

well, if anyone knows about throwing a hissy-fit, it would be you, so i'll believe what you wrote.

Interesting that Esai Longoria and Cy Sirmon are still listed as O lineman. Some, including myself, are speculating they may switch back to the D line due to the massive imbalance of the ranks. Since Sirmon was a starter, that switch was more in question but Longoria was moved to boost the depth on the O line and was a back up although he played. Now depth is needed at his original position of DT where he could possibly start and possibly another switch should be made. Maybe they’re waiting for spring to see how the depth unfolds then.

alabamagrizzly said:
Interesting that Esai Longoria and Cy Sirmon are still listed as O lineman. Some, including myself, are speculating they may switch back to the D line due to the massive imbalance of the ranks. Since Sirmon was a starter, that switch was more in question but Longoria was moved to boost the depth on the O line and was a back up although he played. Now depth is needed at his original position of DT where he could possibly start and possibly another switch should be made. Maybe they’re waiting for spring to see how the depth unfolds then.

Don't think Sirmon will switch back, as of what I was hearing late last fall. He was thought to be in the mix to start at a couple positions.

DL numbers vs OL and TE are very disturbing. One with no depth the other two with a lot of wasted spots on a roster. Assuming the OL guys are very versatile they go almost 5 deep at every oline position for hells sake. That is poor roster balance. I just don't see how coaches actually are planning on that being the case going in to next fall. Either some will switch to defense or be cut after spring.

dayday said:
https://gogriz.com/roster.aspx?path=football

A couple things I noticed:
-No Lewis Cowans on the roster
- Justin Calhoun is still on the roster
- Marcus Knight is #21
-Braxton Hill is #35
- Cole Grossman is #43 and listed as a TE but his Dad recently indicated he was going to play Defense.
-Pillians is #71

Seems to be a lack of numbers on the DL.
No Lewis Cowans is concerning for depth in the secondary

argh! said:
kemajic said:
DuCharme said:

well, if anyone knows about throwing a hissy-fit, it would be you, so i'll believe what you wrote.
Glad to see you're following again; was beginning to miss you.

grizindabox said:
I wish Hauck had a clue...

Its not Bobby that needs a clue...

Only 6 months, about 180 days, until fall camp. Some posters need to chill and get a hobby. Drinking, for instance. Or, maybe a six month trip ON the wagon. :lol:

Ursus1 said:
DL numbers vs OL and TE are very disturbing. One with no depth the other two with a lot of wasted spots on a roster. Assuming the OL guys are very versatile they go almost 5 deep at every oline position for hells sake. That is poor roster balance. I just don't see how coaches actually are planning on that being the case going in to next fall. Either some will switch to defense or be cut after spring.
I know what you mean. It's really awful how Div 1 football teams have to announce a spring roster, and then are stuck with playing the players in the positions announced for a full calendar year, without the ability to move them, say, from offensive line to defensive line after evaluating them in non-game environments, such as some kind of solsticular "camp". Putting all of his eggs in the OL/TE basket just goes to show that the game may have passed the old ball coach by.

;)
Just messing with you, although I'd withhold getting too upset until after at least spring camp.

tourist said:
grizindabox said:
I wish Hauck had a clue...

Its not Bobby that needs a clue...

Only 6 months, about 180 days, until fall camp. Some posters need to chill and get a hobby. Drinking, for instance. Or, maybe a six month trip ON the wagon. :lol:

Some posters need to recognize sarcasm.

Back