• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Winter conditioning

dayday

DONOR
Does that usually start when school starts or a couple weeks in? Anyone know when they get going this year? Last year they had some cool hype videos about it.

Can't remember the exact date, but it is either around January 30th or February 4th (after the SB as PR suggested).

dayday said:
Does that usually start when school starts or a couple weeks in? Anyone know when they get going this year? Last year they had some cool hype videos about it.

1st week of February

I’m transitioning from a lovely Laphroaig to a more robust Macallan. Got to love winter conditioning.

bgbigdog said:
I’m transitioning from a lovely Laphroaig to a more robust Macallan. Got to love winter conditioning.
If you like Macallan and haven't tried it yet, do yourself a favor and try Abelour Abundah. A Speyside scotch distilled near Macallan with a bit more complex flavor (in my opinion). I tried a 25 yr Laphroaig a couple weeks ago and it's just too much peat for me.

griz98 said:
bgbigdog said:
If you like Macallan and haven't tried it yet, do yourself a favor and try Abelour Abundah. A Speyside scotch distilled near Macallan with a bit more complex flavor (in my opinion). I tried a 25 yr Laphroaig a couple weeks ago and it's just too much peat for me.
Wife got me a bottle of Abundah for Christmas. While I am a huge fan of Abelour 12 year, I am less so of the 16 year (lost too much character), the Abundah at 121 proof borders on too much character.

Not sure which position he is playing but he is red-shirting next season. So maybe they will change their minds where he plays by next year at this time.

hubcap said:
Not sure which position he is playing but he is red-shirting next season. So maybe they will change their minds where he plays by next year at this time.

You talking about Arnston?

How is the winter conditioning program going? Does anyone have any information on who the real beneficiaries have been on the weight and strength program for the redshirts?

Does the NCAA monitor winter conditioning? Are there certain guide lines that each program has to adhere to? Are all coaches involved or just strength and conditioning coaches?

70Griz said:
Does the NCAA monitor winter conditioning? Are there certain guide lines that each program has to adhere to? Are all coaches involved or just strength and conditioning coaches?

Per NCAA guideline NC390843

No tightly rolled free beef or pork animal products shall be permitted during the time period considered "winter training". Vegetable products, tofu, marshmallows or ding dongs will be permitted - provided they are distributed via the coaching staff through the university or college cafeteria.

Back