• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tyrone Holmes to Chargers

THE BETCH

DONOR
TH just signed to Chargers practice team as a OSL. Chargers looking much better this year. Maybe we will see him in action. :thumb:

Way to go, Tyrone! Loved watching that guy play - he brought some MEAN to the D :clap: So glad he's keeping his NFL dream alive.

Glad he isn't at Kansas City anymore!
What is the status of Colt Anderson with the Bills? Is he done in the NFL too?

reinell30 said:
Re: Tyrone Holmes to Chargers

...told me recently...
...still had one foot in the door...
...his exact words...

... :cool:...

reinell30 said:

What's so bad about the chiefs, one of the best atmosphers in the NFL. Super bowl contender, get coached up by a pretty stand up guy, play along side 2 pass rushing monsters in Chris Jones and Justin Huston to learn from. I would think it should be the almost ideal place for him to be. There are a lot worse places to be such as Denver, Oakland or the bengals all nightmare organizations on and off the field.

braves84 said:
reinell30 said:

What's so bad about the chiefs, one of the best atmosphers in the NFL. Super bowl contender, get coached up by a pretty stand up guy, play along side 2 pass rushing monsters in Chris Jones and Justin Huston to learn from. I would think it should be the almost ideal place for him to be. There are a lot worse places to be such as Denver, Oakland or the bengals all nightmare organizations on and off the field.

Likely a rival AFC West fan would be the only reason why.

Cujo said:
braves84 said:
reinell30 said:

That or 30 didn't think he'd ever see the field in KC. Not sure he'll have much more of a chance with the bolts, though.

EverettGriz said:
Cujo said:
braves84 said:
reinell30 said:

That or 30 didn't think he'd ever see the field in KC. Not sure he'll have much more of a chance with the bolts, though.
Agreed can't see him getting much of a chance there, chargers are loaded in the front seven.

braves84 said:
reinell30 said:

Used to like the Chiefs until a certain person in my life who I dislike very much let it be known he was a Chiefs fan. Not really a charger fan. Not really a fan of any one particular team in the NFL anymore. I just hope for the best for certain players.

Not sure who all knows about the AAF League but Tyrone Holmes will be playing for the San Antonio Commanders as a LB this Sat at 6pm mt time. They have 14 other LB’s on the team so not sure how much playing time he’ll get but the game may be televised on CBS. There’s 2 games going on at the same time so not sure if theirs will be shown.

alabamagrizzly said:
Not sure who all knows about the AAF League but Tyrone Holmes will be playing for the San Antonio Commanders as a LB this Sat at 6pm mt time. They have 14 other LB’s on the team so not sure how much playing time he’ll get but the game may be televised on CBS. There’s 2 games going on at the same time so not sure if theirs will be shown.

Him and only two other LB’s have a tackle in the nfl and 3 of thd other guys have never been in the league. The other two guys are 4 year vets with about 30-40 career games.

Final SA roster cuts. Tyrone made it. Half of those other LB’s didn’t.
Also, Matt Troxel is on the SA staff.

alabamagrizzly said:

What league is this? Where do they play? Is it like the old USFL? I have never heard of it...Thank you!

reinell30 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

What league is this? Where do they play? Is it like the old USFL? I have never heard of it...Thank you!

Brand new start up played in the spring. Alliance of American Football. Essentially it’s a developmental league for the nfl but guys will make $250k over three years. 8 teams play 10 weeks I think. Top 4 in playoffs. Here’s a link to their site.
https://aaf.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwbPKrMWY4AIVj6GzCh2L_wEoEAAYASAAEgKJYPD_BwE
Some good coaches including Dennis Erickson but many of the athletes most wont recognize. Mostly it’ll be fun to watch football in the spring and another chance for Montana guys to play pro.

alabamagrizzly said:
reinell30 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Brand new start up played in the spring. Alliance of American Football. Essentially it’s a developmental league for the nfl but guys will make $250k over three years. 8 teams play 10 weeks I think. Top 4 in playoffs. Here’s a link to their site.
Some good coaches including Dennis Erickson but many of the athletes most wont recognize. Mostly it’ll be fun to watch football in the spring and another chance for Montana guys to play pro.

Must not be any of their teams close to Montana either? Thanks for the Info!

reinell30 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
reinell30 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Must not be any of their teams close to Montana either? Thanks for the Info!

That was a knock I had against them. There is a team in Salt Lake and they tried to keep players kinda regional but yet Holmes ends up in San Antonio. Atleast he’s playing though. He’ll probably be starting too. They got some interesting rule changes too. No KO’s for one.

No KO's and no PAT's (always have to go for two)... Not a league for kickers

Back