• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dickenson for NFL Opportunity

Griz66

Monday Morning QB on SI.com had an article this morning on coaches who should be given an opportunity to coach in the NFL. Dave Dickesnon was mentioned and the writer said that he is from Great Falls and has done a great job in the CFL. Mike Leach was also mentioned. Interesting!

AllWeatherFan said:
There have been a lot of NFL coaches over the years who were complete dumbasses. Dave is no dumbass.

Would be refreshing to have Dave....

yup, nfl likes recycling retreads. Some good coaching for sure but many head scratcher hires

Watching a game the other night...won't mention which one...(I hate the seahawks)...they were mentioning teams wanting to find the next Sean McVay. I laughed, because that's not the case. They rehire Gruden and these other clowns that as was said are re-treads. The Rams took a big chance and hit an absolute home run. Teams are afraid to take that leap. DD would be an excellent choice to give a shot.

I can remember another Viking great who came from the coaching ranks of the CFL. I'm not sure Dave is interested in the NFL, but there are certainly NFL teams out there that could use him. This league could use a modern Bud Grant!

DrainBramage said:
Dave might be smart enough to keep the good gig he has now.
He is pretty happy in Calgary, close to Montana, family settled, etc. The NFL goes through coaches like toilet paper. Why even think about it. Canada is home.

RABIDAWG said:
DrainBramage said:
He is pretty happy in Calgary, close to Montana, family settled, etc. The NFL goes through coaches like toilet paper. Why even think about it. Canada is home.

Agreed, but the money and the challenge? Chance to be NFL head coach someday?

PlayerRep said:
RABIDAWG said:
DrainBramage said:

Agreed, but the money and the challenge? Chance to be NFL head coach someday?

Oh, I wouldn’t blame him if he got the opportunity.....certainly young enough to not rest on his Canadian laurels. Watching him grow through his years as a player from CMR to now convinces me of future successes.

Back