• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Watch this for some inspiration and hope.

MTGRZ

I am NOT saying UM and UA are in the same situation. Hauck is not Saban, the universities are of course different as well. The thing to take away from this, is that it take consistency to change the culture of the program. It also takes time, attention to detail, relentlessness, and resiliency. Saban is the master, no doubt. I'm not saying Hauck can be Saban, but I think they share a mindset of how to prepare a program to be its best. Time will tell, but after watching this video I sure am Happy the Griz have Hauck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVllpzFY6_k

The first and essential part of Alabama becoming dominant was RECRUITING. Bobby historically has been exceptional. Last year he had the cards stacked against him die to timing. This year is where the rubber hits the road.

Copper Griz said:
The first and essential part of Alabama becoming dominant was RECRUITING. Bobby historically has been exceptional. Last year he had the cards stacked against him die to timing. This year is where the rubber hits the road.

The second video in the series talks more about recruiting. I agree it is crucial to the development of a program; hopefully they can get their guys this season to jump start his vision for the program. Another key I picked up from the videos on Alabama: They lost at HOME to Louisiana Monroe. Point is, teams have bad losses, but that doesn't mean the big picture is doomed. I wish more Griz fans would realize this is a long processes and there will be ups and downs while restoring the program.

MTGRZ said:
Copper Griz said:

The second video in the series talks more about recruiting. I agree it is crucial to the development of a program; hopefully they can get their guys this season to jump start his vision for the program. Another key I picked up from the videos on Alabama: They lost at HOME to Louisiana Monroe. Point is, teams have bad losses, but that doesn't mean the big picture is doomed. I wish more Griz fans would realize this is a long processes and there will be ups and downs while restoring the program.

Completely agree. Going to take some time. Too many coaches in the last 8+ years. The program needs and should now have consistency.

Copper Griz said:
MTGRZ said:
Copper Griz said:

Completely agree. Going to take some time. Too many coaches in the last 8+ years. The program needs and should now have consistency.

Yes, consistency is key. Saban said losing games early on helped his program because it showed the players why they needed to buy into what the coaches were preaching. Having consistent expectations and culture help bring in the right players and helps them play their best.

Time will tell whether Bobby can bring the kind of success Saban brought to Alabama. We already know he dug this program out of the dirt once. We shall see if he can do it again.

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Time will tell, we shall see.

But how MUCH time, boss? 5? 7? 9 years?

We shall see, but, I think we will see some big time improvements in year 3. It might not manifest in "wins and losses", but the team will play with even more fire and passion. When he has his players in year seven, the rest of the conference had better watch out. We're talking fire and passion and hard hits and will to win and passion, at that point. We will see a team that wants to win, versus a team that wants to win. Time will tell.

Sounds very similar to the Bobcat situation when Choate came in. Choate preaches many of the same things as Saban. Now three years in you can see the culture change is happening and it is working, translating into more Ws.

poorgriz said:
Sounds very similar to the Bobcat situation when Choate came in. Choate preaches many of the same things as Saban. Now three years in you can see the culture change is happening and it is working, translating into more Ws.

You know Saban can read, right?

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Time will tell, we shall see.

But how MUCH time, boss? 5? 7? 9 years?

We shall see, but, I think we will see some big time improvements in year 3. It might not manifest in "wins and losses", but the team will play with even more fire and passion. When he has his players in year seven, the rest of the conference had better watch out. We're talking fire and passion and hard hits and will to win and passion, at that point. We will see a team that wants to win, versus a team that wants to win. Time will tell.

So much power in such a little font.

Latest posts

Back