• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Playoffs- Semi Final Round

Paytonlives

Staff member
FCS Playoffs- Semi Final Round
#1 North Dakota State (14-0) Beat #5 South Dakota State (10-3) 44-21
#3 Eastern Washington (12-2) Beat #7 Maine (10-4) 50-19

Why cheer for them? It doesn’t help UM if they win. In fact, it will help their recruiting efforts against us.

As much as I hope NDSU and EWU win, it would be fun to watch the Maine DL go up against the NDSU OL. Maine's DL is legit but wonder how long they could hold up against the road graders for NDSU.

Spanky2 said:
Why cheer for them? It doesn’t help UM if they win. In fact, it will help their recruiting efforts against us.

Yes and No.

Yes- for the second signing date in Feb, it will certainly help
No- for the Dec 19-21 Signing day as the coaches will be busy working.

It will be interesting to see if Maine’s D-line has the same kind of success they’ve generated this past couple of games. On the other hand, they’re going to have to manufacture more offense - they were awful there for much of the games & explosive plays might not carry the day unless they were to come in bunches.

I can NOT root for EWU. Like to see Maine play Bison...and win the championship. They are a classy program from a small state school that receives little mention and are not often competitive. This may be their only opportunity. Their D line would have thrown our O line around like rag dolls.

Go Black Bears.

Spanky2 said:
ya, but, don't you have to earn that privilege? they have a right to roll with it just like we would if we were in their position. doesn't big sky mean anything other than a conference for the griz to play in?
for me, since fcs is about the only football i spend time watching/following i am a griz fan first, a big sky fan second and a fcs fan third.

Eastern would like to relegate the Griz to oblivion. If you want to cheer for a competitor, be my guest. Do you think Auburn fans cheer for Alabama, Oregon fans for Washington, Ohio State fans for Michigan, North Carolina fans for Duke?

66volvo said:
I can NOT root for EWU. Like to see Maine play Bison...and win the championship. They are a classy program from a small state school that receives little mention and are not often competitive. This may be their only opportunity. Their D line would have thrown our O line around like rag dolls.

Go Black Bears.
Most d lines treat our OL line like rag dolls. Hopefully, Bobby is in the process of changing that. Probably will take a couple more years, however.

Spanky2 said:
Eastern would like to relegate the Griz to oblivion. If you want to cheer for a competitor, be my guest. Do you think Auburn fans cheer for Alabama, Oregon fans for Washington, Ohio State fans for Michigan, North Carolina fans for Duke?
I would have to disagree with your first statement, the only way they could do this is to continue to win the big sky over the next several years to become a powerhouse that the Griz use to be, then they've earn it and
it would be the Griz's mo to dethrone them. you are right, it is starting to look this way ie bobby to the rescue.
as for cheering for a competitor, i see what you are saying, only in the context during the regular season.
i would not cheer or EW if they were playing the Griz regular or post season, however, in reality, the Griz are not playing post season and the Eagles are so, yes, i will cheer for them because they are a big sky team and maine is not.
i could get real picky and go the east west route but my personal allegiance is not to take it to that level,
if it does come down to that i look at which team i believe i would put my money on, so give an example, if NDSU plays Maine in the chipper i would bet/cheer for NDSU.

Ok, I will cheer for Maine because I lived in the east. Never would I cheer for Cheney Community College, except for them to go out of business.

Spanky2 said:

Well...You could look at it like the better the conference does in the postseason, the better seeding, the better games, and more credibility will come in the future for BSC teams...

And...UM and EWU don’t compete for a ton of kids in recruiting, maybe only a couple a year...

zirge said:
Spanky2 said:
I would have to disagree with your first statement, the only way they could do this is to continue to win the big sky over the next several years to become a powerhouse that the Griz use to be
We dominated the Big Sky from 2000-2009, and EWU won the NC in 2010, so I'm not sure if that's how it works.

Back