• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

how about Tilleman

Absolutely. Congratulations on being recognized for all you efforts & energy around achieving excellence in the classroom.

retiredpopo said:
props to Reggie, only Doris Robison Scholar athlete award selected from the BSC.
Oh come on, you can’t tell me that there isn’t at least one qualifying scholar athlete at the diesel mechanic school in Cheney.🤪

Reggie's got to be one of the "feel good stories" of the season.

Consider his football journey. PWO offer from Mick Delaney to play TE only to arrive to campus to find out his position no longer exists and he's got to switch to D-line (which I believe he played in high school, both TE/DE). So after his red shirt his next 2 years he's buried in the depth chart, I think he had some sort of significant injury through that time too, broken ankle or leg or something? His junior year halfway through the season he starts getting some reps and while he doesn't jump out off the stat sheet he gets attention from the coaches for his effort and is rewarded with more and more play as the season goes on. Enter 2018 and his 3rd coaching change, but suddenly the dude flourishes with Sacks/Baer/Hauck and goes from a role player to an outspoken leader on the defense. He winds up starting every game and if you watched this team practice you'd know he was one of the main driving/motivating forces for the whole team. His peers and coaches recognized it too as he won the team award as the player who best exemplifies Griz football (Tony Barbour Award)

Consider his academic journey, which has been widely touted with the recognition he's received this season. A finalist for the Doris-Robertson Scholar Athlete Award. He made the all-academic teams twice, and was named to an academic all-district team as well. He's already got his business-finance degree and is working towards finishing up an MBA, while maintaining a near-3.9 GPA.

great Kid, I remember the first WSU cougar game I ever went to. They were playing Oregon I think in 1988 and Tillman's dad was on the cover of the cougar program. He does seem like a natural D lineman to me. That is what his father played as well.

BWahlberg said:
Reggie's got to be one of the "feel good stories" of the season.

Consider his football journey. PWO offer from Mick Delaney to play TE only to arrive to campus to find out his position no longer exists and he's got to switch to D-line (which I believe he played in high school, both TE/DE). So after his red shirt his next 2 years he's buried in the depth chart, I think he had some sort of significant injury through that time too, broken ankle or leg or something? His junior year halfway through the season he starts getting some reps and while he doesn't jump out off the stat sheet he gets attention from the coaches for his effort and is rewarded with more and more play as the season goes on. Enter 2018 and his 3rd coaching change, but suddenly the dude flourishes with Sacks/Baer/Hauck and goes from a role player to an outspoken leader on the defense. He winds up starting every game and if you watched this team practice you'd know he was one of the main driving/motivating forces for the whole team. His peers and coaches recognized it too as he won the team award as the player who best exemplifies Griz football (Tony Barbour Award)

Consider his academic journey, which has been widely touted with the recognition he's received this season. A finalist for the Doris-Robertson Scholar Athlete Award. He made the all-academic teams twice, and was named to an academic all-district team as well. He's already got his business-finance degree and is working towards finishing up an MBA, while maintaining a near-3.9 GPA.

:thumb: :clap:

I know Reggie and his dad Lee. They are a great family. Reggie worked hard in the off season to finally get the starting job. He’s a smart kid. I watched him play at Northern Iowa and Idaho this year. Congrats!!

Back