• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Statement from Jeremy Calhoun

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Crazy, it’s exactly what I had stated a while ago

https://twitter.com/1029ESPN/status/1069748321294532609

No spot for him???.....Bobby better have a stud coming in that can play immediately or he has really screwed the 2019 team. JC was by far the best back going into 2019 had he been redshirted like so many suggested all along.

Welp, that sucks. I was hoping they'd work it out.
I hope Bobby has one helluva plan to replace a 5th year senior contributor.

1. Player tells coach he is not going to play to get healthy for next year.
2. Coach tells player that there is not a "spot" for him next year.
3. Player tells coach that he is still going to decline playing this year to get healthy.
5.Player is released from team.

There seems to be a hole in the events between point 3 and 5. I get JC wanting to redshirt, but I completely get this from BH's perspective.

Ursus1 said:
No spot for him???.....Bobby better have a stud coming in that can play immediately or he has really screwed the 2019 team. JC was by far the best back going into 2019 had he been redshirted like so many suggested all along.

Just like JC screwed this team in 2018?

grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:

you really think the griz would've got in the playoffs by beating the bobs? and that if calhoun had played, they necessarily would have?

clairvoyant.

HookedonGriz said:
Crazy, it’s exactly what I had stated a while ago

https://twitter.com/1029ESPN/status/1069748321294532609

Still won't be good enough for some of the "experts" on this topic. Haha.

grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:

Exactly. Tit for tat. That'll teach 'em who's boss.

Tough call - coach wants to please his supporters and beat state. His best chance to do this and make playoffs is with his best running back.
Best running back wants to (insists?) Redshirt.
Coach says we need you now not next season. Play now or don't play...

The real question is that Bobby explicitly said that Jeremy quit the team, if I remember correctly. Jeremy's tweet makes perfect sense to me, if accurate. But somebody isn't telling the truth here. I'm glad Bobby is back and I think he will be successful but I'm not sure that he has great personnel skills.

argh! said:
grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:

you really think the griz would've got in the playoffs by beating the bobs? and that if calhoun had played, they necessarily would have?

clairvoyant.

What I am saying, is that if JC made better decisions, he would have been available from game 1. If you think BH is screwing the team because of no JC in 2019, you must also believe that JC screwed the 2018 team by his own personal decisions that cost him the chance to be on the field game 1.

behappp said:
The real question is that Bobby explicitly said that Jeremy quit the team, if I remember correctly. Jeremy's tweet makes perfect sense to me, if accurate. But somebody isn't telling the truth here. I'm glad Bobby is back and I think he will be successful but I'm not sure that he has great personnel skills.

But by JC deciding not to play, could that be perceived by the coach as him quitting?

I didn't see where Bobby told him he couldn't play anymore this year.

Best of luck to Jeremy. I hope he stays healthy and has one more great season.

No way this thread makes 17....

Maybe he will go to State College so he can stay in the area. What year is that iPhone kid?

Posturing, perhaps on both sides. But the team needed JC against the Bobcats and, if he was healthy enough to play, it is reasonable for the coaching staff to expect that he would play. No idea if the Grizzlies would have advanced to the playoffs with a victory, but that’s not the only objective.

grizindabox said:
behappp said:

But by JC deciding not to play, could that be perceived by the coach as him quitting?

It certainly could lead to a perception. So the answer last month could be, "I'm not going to comment on this during the season, but it doesn't look like he will be in action for us this year."

OR

"He said he didn't want to play football anymore."

CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:
behappp said:

It certainly could lead to a perception. So the answer last month could be, "I'm not going to comment on this during the season, but it doesn't look like he will be in action for us this year."

OR

"He said he didn't want to play football anymore."

LOL, it is Bobby we are talking about.

Back