• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Army Navy Game

SoldierGriz

DONOR
Army Navy game week is officially underway. The game will be televised on CBS on 8 December at 1PM Mountain Time.

Respectfully called America's game, this tradition dates back to 1890. This year Army's uniforms will honor the 1st Infantry Division - also known as The Big Red One. 100 years ago, America's 1st Division led by General Blackjack Pershing helped end WW1.

Army is currently ranked inside the top 25 by both the AP and the coaches. Navy has had a bit of a down year. But, put all that aside for obvious reasons. It should be a great game. As you'll recall the game last year came down to a last second, winning FG attempt missed by Navy. Army went on the beat San Diego State in their bowl game.

There are a little over 4000 cadets at West Point, and the same number of Midshipmen at the Naval Academy. This Spring the seniors will graduate and then enter the best Army and the best Navy ever built and trained in history. They will lead Soldiers and Sailors around the globe, sometimes in harm's way. Some will serve the 5-year minimum while others will serve full careers in our military.

If you missed last year's CBS opening sequence, here is the link. It is really well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9ksGeB_2VQ

I hope all of you can find some time to watch these men compete...

Go Army, beat Navy.

As a retired Chief I will drink to the foam with all my fellow Goats out there while watching the game. Go Navy, Beat Army!

evan06 said:
As a retired Chief I will drink to the foam with all my fellow Goats out there while watching the game. Go Navy, Beat Army!

As a retired LCDR, Go Navy, Beat Army! [spoil]although I don’t think we stand a snowball’s chance this year... :oops: [/spoil]

My brother in law is a Senior Chief in the Navy, about 2 years from retirement. So in his honor-

Go Navy, Beat Army!

And thank you to those that serve and have served.

Not that this will decide this game, but Air Force clobbered Navy this year, and Army beat Air Force by 3. Home teams won both times.

PlayerRep said:
Not that this will decide this game, but Air Force clobbered Navy this year, and Army beat Air Force by 3. Home teams won both times.

Yeah. I'm not holding my breath...very down year for the Middies. :oops: :oops:

Put this game on your bucket list. With all due to everyone else who plays the game - ain’t nothing like it nowhere.

SaskGriz said:
Can't wait until the Air Force/Space Force game is as big as Army/Navy.

I was overjoyed when I read the new Space Force motto. I understand that Dae Dae has been in contact with a lawyer.

Ursa Major said:
SaskGriz said:
Can't wait until the Air Force/Space Force game is as big as Army/Navy.

I was overjoyed when I read the new Space Force motto. I understand that Dae Dae has been in contact with a lawyer.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My father was in the Navy and my youngest brother just retired as a Master Chief after 30 years.

Go Navy!

MikeyGriz said:
My father was in the Navy and my youngest brother just retired as a Master Chief after 30 years.

Go Navy!
:thumb:

Two older brothers ... both retired as Chief Petty Officers.

I fully understand your interest if you have a true connection to either the Army or the Navy. For the rest of us -- anyway for me -- it's a game I have never watched ... because, like many other games, I have no vested interest in either team.

Whoa, back up '68... So you have no vested interest in young men or women who have a vested interest in you, have volunteered in fact, to possibly give the ultimate sacrifice for you,despite the fact they've never met you. That in itself should more than qualify for your apparently "Vaunted" interest... :x :oops:

I fully comprehend what you're really trying to articulate, however, this isnt like not caring about a game btwn say Memphis and UCF... these are the young men and women who stand out front, who volunteered during wartime, on the line btwn all Americans and the shitbag savages who want to do harm to innocent civilians such as yourself... I generally have no issues with your posts etc, however, ya fumbled it this...and I dont know about you, but I've had enough of any kind of fumbling this year!! 😏

Back