• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Second Half Collapse … or Great Comeback?

IdaGriz01

Was kind of a boring evening (we don’t bother with Monday Night NFL). So we went thru the college games we had recorded (we have a bunch) and discovered an “oldie but goodie” from October 13 that we hadn’t viewed . It featured unranked Florida A&M (the “Rattlers” Love that!) playing at #10 (then) North Carolina A&T. For a team that is still ranked (#18), we were underwhelmed by the talent (or lack thereof) on the field for the Aggies. And A&M (still unranked) did not look much better.

Be that as it may, this turned out to be a very entertaining football game. Helped by a return for a TD on the opening kickoff, NC A&T put together a 21-6 lead at halftime. But A&M made halftime adjustments and completely shut down the Aggies in the second half. Meanwhile, the Rattler offense chipped away at the lead and kicked a FG with 7 seconds left in the game to win it 22-21. Mediocre (equally-matched?) play on the field, but still a pretty exciting game.

As for the thread title: Depends on your point of view, doesn’t it?

OBTW: I've mentioned before that tuning in on some other FCS games is a good idea ... reinforced by this little story. First, you can see some prety good games ... and you get a better idea of the talent level for more teams outside the Big Sky.

IdaGriz01 said:
Was kind of a boring evening (we don’t bother with Monday Night NFL). So we went thru the college games we had recorded (we have a bunch) and discovered an “oldie but goodie” from October 13 that we hadn’t viewed . It featured unranked Florida A&M (the “Rattlers” Love that!) playing at #10 (then) North Carolina A&T. For a team that is still ranked (#18), we were underwhelmed by the talent (or lack thereof) on the field for the Aggies. And A&M (still unranked) did not look much better.

Be that as it may, this turned out to be a very entertaining football game. Helped by a return for a TD on the opening kickoff, NC A&T put together a 21-6 lead at halftime. But A&M made halftime adjustments and completely shut down the Aggies in the second half. Meanwhile, the Rattler offense chipped away at the lead and kicked a FG with 7 seconds left in the game to win it 22-21. Mediocre (equally-matched?) play on the field, but still a pretty exciting game.

OBTW: I've mentioned before that tuning in on some other FCS games is a good idea ... reinforced by this little story. First, you can see some prety good games ... and you get a better idea of the talent level for more teams outside the Big Sky.

I'm old...but when I was an early teen (30 ish years ago) I had a Florida A&M Rattlers T-shirt. Black with a big snake on it. Not even sure why I had it, other than I remember sitting down with my mom looking through a magazine and ordering it because it was a cool shirt. To this day, I always sneak a peek to see how they do on Saturday! hahaha

AZDoc said:
IdaGriz01 said:

I'm old...but when I was an early teen (30 ish years ago)...

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :lol:

I’d say you’re a little early on that.

These next four weeks will show who will rise up, be a leader, put the Griz on their back(s) and go and win these games!

Back