• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kudos TO Wazzu!

Silvertip

ESPN's Game Day crew finally made it to Pullman and a great day it was with Herbstreit chalking it up as one of the best he's ever been a part of. Most memorable was learning the story of "Ol Crimson" the WSU flag that has made 213 straight Game Day appearances. Fans in the Palouse on site for a 6 AM start (yawn).

Among the best of the signs - "WE SKIPPED OUR KID'S WEDDING FOR GAME DAY"
Second best "OUR COACH IS WEIRDER THAN YOUR COACH."

Nice job, Cougs

That was a good showing by WSU. Nicely done by them. A couple year ago they did a story on old Crimson. It is an interesting story.

To bad a Griz flag could not have made an appearance.

Fahque said:
Wazzu QB is 31-36 at the half :shock:
6.42 yards/attempt is not great, but man 231 yards and 3 tds is a good game for most QBs. Their QB does lead FBS in passing yards, passing yards/game, and is 7th in passing TDs.

ORGUNGRIZ said:
That was a good showing by WSU. Nicely done by them. A couple year ago they did a story on old Crimson. It is an interesting story.

I 1000% saw a Griz flag on a crowd pan about 5 minutes before they made thier final picks on the show. I know because it was (a) darker in color than the WSU flags, and (b) the same exact flag I have hanging on my garage wall. It was the one that says Montana in an arch above a football with the Griz script, and Football below. I saw it, mister. I swear!

CDAGRIZ said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:

I 1000% saw a Griz flag on a crowd pan about 5 minutes before they made thier final picks on the show. I know because it was (a) darker in color than the WSU flags, and (b) the same exact flag I have hanging on my garage wall. It was the one that says Montana in an arch above a football with the Griz script, and Football below. I saw it, mister. I swear!

I saw that same thing. There’s a YouTube vid of the crowd just posted & if you freeze it just right, you’ll note the guy waving it was wearing sun glasses & a purple merms sweatshirt. & because I use them exclusively here @ the manor, I know the flag pole was from Costco, always Costco. :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:

Riley Corcoran is a WSU grad and was there with a Griz flag according to his Twitter.

Well, there you have it. I always knew he was a P-Merm fan as well.
As a side note: I apologize for my lack of updates on girls' soccer this year. After my unceremonious ouster from leading the U6 P-Merms to a 6-2 mark last year, I'm now just a parent and fan (who volunteered at the meet and greet to chalk the field and set out trash cans) of the U7 Teal Tigers. They said I wasn't ready for U6, but I had a winning record. Now, I'm happy to have a minor role with this U7 team.

CDAGRIZ said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:

You dis see it. It was former Griz DE Ryan Johnson flying it. Once a Griz, always a Griz

[/img]
CDAGRIZ said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:

You did see it. It was former Griz DE Ryan Johnson flying it. Once a Griz, always a Griz!

[media]https://twitter.com/Maurita44/status/1053682368408576000?s=19[/media]

AllWeatherFan said:
Game Day in Washington wine country...what's not to like about that? :clap: :thumb: :clap:
And if you crave something more potent ... they have some pretty good brandies, and other distilled spirits.

I seem to recall that they changed the law about hard liquor production about 10 years back, and a bunch of folks jumped into "craft distilleries." Have not tried a lot, but what I did try was not half bad. (Gets better the more you taste, of course :lol: )

IdaGriz01 said:
I seem to recall that they changed the law about hard liquor production about 10 years back, and a bunch of folks jumped into "craft distilleries." Have not tried a lot, but what I did try was not half bad. (Gets better the more you taste, of course :lol: )

Or maybe it doesn't get better, but your standards become lower. :)

Back