• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How would like to be a financial booster right now.

lochlaven

Terrible loss followed by an epic loss. Boosters want the team to win, as do I. What do you say? Everybody is going nuts. Son is on the team wondering wtf have I signed up for. What is the response? Complete ineptitude. I think we will win out but I am religious. Faith I guess.

One, I would never be a financial booster for college sports. Two, no way would I want to be one now. My goodness.

grizpsych said:
One, I would never be a financial booster for college sports. Two, no way would I want to be one now. My goodness.

And you probably don't have enough money to be one.

72 CHAMPS said:
How do you think college athletic survive without boosters.

Are you meaning to reply to me with out actually replying to me? If so, I expect Universities at the FCS level to build their product in the same way any company builds their product. With that written, I'm not against sports' Boosters in anyway, I just simply would not be one.

PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:

And you probably don't have enough money to be one.

Nope. Not to be of any relevance to admin. :thumb:
Edit: According to the budget last year, I'm only the 103rd best paid person at Southeast.

Yes. What do we say. What is the response? We won't fall 21 to 0 in the first five minutes next time? I am anonymous but boosters And fans are super pissed.

The boosters helped put us in the situation, at least the top echelon. Maybe it’s simply karma.

ordigger said:
The boosters helped put us in the situation, at least the top echelon. Maybe it’s simply karma.

Those top boosters need to read the maroon blog that was posted.

I agree with grizpsych...read 24's blog. How many programs in the nation have gone through as much as Montana....coaching changes, philosophy changes, bad press. etc. This will take time to turn around. This team is not playing to it's potential but I am hoping it is the start of Montana getting back on the FCS map

I would guess that the top UM boosters are not pissed at all. While they may have been hopeful this year, they knew Bobby and have been talking to him all along. They know he felt it would take some time to RTD. They are surely still supportive.

But go ahead and believe in your fantasies.

PlayerRep said:
I would guess that the top UM boosters are not pissed at all. While they may have been hopeful this year, they knew Bobby and have been talking to him all along. They know he felt it would take some time to RTD. They are surely still supportive.

But go ahead and believe in your fantasies.
The handful I have talked to, who do not like to lose, are totally in on BH and the TRAJECTORY of the program.

I'd suspect most are smart enough that they didn't expect #RTD the first year. Will take a year or two. We have some very good talent, but we also have holes and inexperience at some key positions. Isn't anything people already didn't already know. I don't like what the coaching staff has done the last 2 games, and didn't put as much stock into the SSU and CP wins as others did. However, Hauck is known for player development and finding under the radar recruits that have the work ethic and ability to grow into great players. That ability does not produce the results Year 1 like you might find in other coaches that are more scheme oriented. Hauck will develop players who will just out work and out athlete people. My guess is that the team will probably not make the playoffs this year, but will trend in the right direction. It's a long-term strategy that requires some patience, but I believe will pay off in the long run. At least I hope so...

lochlaven said:
Terrible loss followed by an epic loss. Boosters want the team to win, as do I. What do you say? Everybody is going nuts. Son is on the team wondering wtf have I signed up for. What is the response? Complete ineptitude. I think we will win out but I am religious. Faith I guess.

Your son is on the team and you post this????

Paytonlives said:
lochlaven said:

Was thinking the same thing!

Dillon said:
Paytonlives said:
lochlaven said:

Was thinking the same thing!

Yeah, that shows some seriously weak mental strength. Your son thought it was going to be a cake walk? If anything, I would be excited that this backs-against-the-walls situation provides an opportunity for him to see what it takes to overcome adversity and work through a difficult, high-stress situation.

Back