The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
Post Reply
User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 23203
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by AZGrizFan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:19 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:46 pm
Phenomenal post, MiningCity. :clap: :clap:
I would say long-winded post. All he said was that Calhoun should play more, and should have gotten the goal line snap instead of Bingham, and Humphrey should start. None of those things would have caused the Griz receivers, running backs, and returners not to fumble. Fumbles are most of what caused the 3 losses, along with some special team goof ups. Sneed has only 3 picks this season. That is darn good.

I like Calhoun and would be fine with him playing more. However, he did get into trouble (the punch) and then got into more trouble a month or so later. And there is the athletic code of conduct, which the coaches don't administer. He did get a concussion. Don't think that can be blamed on passive-aggressive coaching. The refs call targeting, not the coaches or the fans. Calhoun didn't go to CP due to his concussion. Don't know what the story was for PSU. Calhoun had one less carry than Eastwood yesterday.

The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.

If you guys think Mining's is a great post, go for it. Shows me that none of you have a clue.
Is Sneed still a much better runner with a quad injury?
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

PlayerRep
Posts: 23875
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by PlayerRep » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:20 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:19 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:46 pm
Phenomenal post, MiningCity. :clap: :clap:
I would say long-winded post. All he said was that Calhoun should play more, and should have gotten the goal line snap instead of Bingham, and Humphrey should start. None of those things would have caused the Griz receivers, running backs, and returners not to fumble. Fumbles are most of what caused the 3 losses, along with some special team goof ups. Sneed has only 3 picks this season. That is darn good.

I like Calhoun and would be fine with him playing more. However, he did get into trouble (the punch) and then got into more trouble a month or so later. And there is the athletic code of conduct, which the coaches don't administer. He did get a concussion. Don't think that can be blamed on passive-aggressive coaching. The refs call targeting, not the coaches or the fans. Calhoun didn't go to CP due to his concussion. Don't know what the story was for PSU. Calhoun had one less carry than Eastwood yesterday.

The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.

If you guys think Mining's is a great post, go for it. Shows me that none of you have a clue.
Is Sneed still a much better runner with a quad injury?
Yes.

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 23203
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by AZGrizFan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:23 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:20 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:19 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:46 pm
Phenomenal post, MiningCity. :clap: :clap:
I would say long-winded post. All he said was that Calhoun should play more, and should have gotten the goal line snap instead of Bingham, and Humphrey should start. None of those things would have caused the Griz receivers, running backs, and returners not to fumble. Fumbles are most of what caused the 3 losses, along with some special team goof ups. Sneed has only 3 picks this season. That is darn good.

I like Calhoun and would be fine with him playing more. However, he did get into trouble (the punch) and then got into more trouble a month or so later. And there is the athletic code of conduct, which the coaches don't administer. He did get a concussion. Don't think that can be blamed on passive-aggressive coaching. The refs call targeting, not the coaches or the fans. Calhoun didn't go to CP due to his concussion. Don't know what the story was for PSU. Calhoun had one less carry than Eastwood yesterday.

The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.

If you guys think Mining's is a great post, go for it. Shows me that none of you have a clue.
Is Sneed still a much better runner with a quad injury?
Yes.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Like I said. Not an objective bone in your body.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

PlayerRep
Posts: 23875
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by PlayerRep » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:24 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:23 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:20 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:19 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm


I would say long-winded post. All he said was that Calhoun should play more, and should have gotten the goal line snap instead of Bingham, and Humphrey should start. None of those things would have caused the Griz receivers, running backs, and returners not to fumble. Fumbles are most of what caused the 3 losses, along with some special team goof ups. Sneed has only 3 picks this season. That is darn good.

I like Calhoun and would be fine with him playing more. However, he did get into trouble (the punch) and then got into more trouble a month or so later. And there is the athletic code of conduct, which the coaches don't administer. He did get a concussion. Don't think that can be blamed on passive-aggressive coaching. The refs call targeting, not the coaches or the fans. Calhoun didn't go to CP due to his concussion. Don't know what the story was for PSU. Calhoun had one less carry than Eastwood yesterday.

The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.

If you guys think Mining's is a great post, go for it. Shows me that none of you have a clue.
Is Sneed still a much better runner with a quad injury?
Yes.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Like I said. Not an objective bone in your body.
One of the most objective posters on egriz, if I do say so myself.

Griz#64
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by Griz#64 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Pass Offense ? Chunk and Hope??? Sideline pattern run one yard inside out of bounds line. Does our playbook have any patterns between the Hash marks?? Drags, posts, deep ins, Screens? never see a screen, even when the defense is just pinning back their ears and all meeting at our quarterback. O. K i will shut up..

User avatar
jodcon
eGriz Club
Posts: 5223
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by jodcon » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:34 pm

Being objective never really plays that well here, either you're a "bad fan" or "picking on kids" if you note any room for improvement at all...or an "apologist" and "sugar coater" if you don't agree with people who point out obvious issues. It's a fairly losing proposition either way.

grizpsych
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:01 pm
Location: Cape Girardeau, MO

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by grizpsych » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:50 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:46 pm
Phenomenal post, MiningCity. :clap: :clap:

The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.
Regarding a comparison of Sneed versus Jensen. Here is one that I just completed using QB efficiency as the DV. Hope you like.

Image

Image
Image
Image
What I see when I see the EGRIZ practically perfect poster.

goatcreekgriz
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: Goat Creek, Montana

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by goatcreekgriz » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:15 pm

grizindabox wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:14 pm
I think it is cute that you think that this play, and only this play, is what lost the game.
Bingham is a very good player who has made some great plays for UM. I have no doubt he feels worse than anyone else about the fumble. There many reasons why UM lost the game, including a defense that allowed a 98 yard drive after the fumble. Turnovers, and there were more than one yesterday, are often the difference between winning and losing.

PlayerRep
Posts: 23875
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by PlayerRep » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:41 pm

grizpsych wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:50 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:46 pm
Phenomenal post, MiningCity. :clap: :clap:

The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.
Regarding a comparison of Sneed versus Jensen. Here is one that I just completed using QB efficiency as the DV. Hope you like.

Image

Image
Running, completion percentage, not throwing interceptions and leadership are a big part of people the QB. Sneed is ahead of Jensen in all of those categories.

grizpsych
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:01 pm
Location: Cape Girardeau, MO

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by grizpsych » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:43 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:41 pm
grizpsych wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:50 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:46 pm
Phenomenal post, MiningCity. :clap: :clap:

The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.
Regarding a comparison of Sneed versus Jensen. Here is one that I just completed using QB efficiency as the DV. Hope you like.

Image

Image
Running, completion percentage, not throwing interceptions and leadership are a big part of people the QB. Sneed is ahead of Jensen in all of those categories.
Source?
Image
Image
What I see when I see the EGRIZ practically perfect poster.

User avatar
MiningCityGrizFan
Posts: 908
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:26 pm
Location: PR's Head

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by MiningCityGrizFan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:21 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:46 pm
Phenomenal post, MiningCity. :clap: :clap:
I would say long-winded post. All he said was that Calhoun should play more, and should have gotten the goal line snap instead of Bingham, and Humphrey should start. None of those things would have caused the Griz receivers, running backs, and returners not to fumble. Fumbles are most of what caused the 3 losses, along with some special team goof ups. Sneed has only 3 picks this season. That is darn good.

I like Calhoun and would be fine with him playing more. However, he did get into trouble (the punch) and then got into more trouble a month or so later. And there is the athletic code of conduct, which the coaches don't administer. He did get a concussion. Don't think that can be blamed on passive-aggressive coaching. The refs call targeting, not the coaches or the fans. Calhoun didn't go to CP due to his concussion. Don't know what the story was for PSU. Calhoun had one less carry than Eastwood yesterday.

The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.

If you guys think Mining's is a great post, go for it. Shows me that none of you have a clue.
Welp, I tried.

If you make a short post, you're not providing specifics.

If you make a longer post, you're long-winded.

In either case, he never actually responds to what's said.

But he always manages to be rude and insulting.

PR -- If you want to argue that this team is better off with Sneed at QB, so be it.

If you want to undermine and talk down Humphrey, so be it.

If you want to make excuses on behalf of the coaches, so be it.

I disagree with you, but you are entitled to your opinions, no matter how foolish they may be.

And now I will go back to ignoring you completely.
You can take the man out of Butte, but you can't take Butte out of the man.

eBay Stuff: Grizzlies | Bobcats | App State

PlayerRep
Posts: 23875
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by PlayerRep » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:36 pm

MiningCityGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:21 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:46 pm
Phenomenal post, MiningCity. :clap: :clap:
I would say long-winded post. All he said was that Calhoun should play more, and should have gotten the goal line snap instead of Bingham, and Humphrey should start. None of those things would have caused the Griz receivers, running backs, and returners not to fumble. Fumbles are most of what caused the 3 losses, along with some special team goof ups. Sneed has only 3 picks this season. That is darn good.

I like Calhoun and would be fine with him playing more. However, he did get into trouble (the punch) and then got into more trouble a month or so later. And there is the athletic code of conduct, which the coaches don't administer. He did get a concussion. Don't think that can be blamed on passive-aggressive coaching. The refs call targeting, not the coaches or the fans. Calhoun didn't go to CP due to his concussion. Don't know what the story was for PSU. Calhoun had one less carry than Eastwood yesterday.

The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.

If you guys think Mining's is a great post, go for it. Shows me that none of you have a clue.
Welp, I tried.

If you make a short post, you're not providing specifics.

If you make a longer post, you're long-winded.

In either case, he never actually responds to what's said.

But he always manages to be rude and insulting.

PR -- If you want to argue that this team is better off with Sneed at QB, so be it.

If you want to undermine and talk down Humphrey, so be it.

If you want to make excuses on behalf of the coaches, so be it.

I disagree with you, but you are entitled to your opinions, no matter how foolish they may be.

And now I will go back to ignoring you completely.
We shall see. And yes, the Griz are better off with Sneed over Jensen, because he has a better completion percentage, has thrown fewer interceptions, is a much better runner, and is a much better leader. The couple receivers I know were fine with Jensen departing.

And you can just keep being critical of something you don't know much about and don't understand. Passive-aggressive coaching; that's pretty funny.

grizpsych
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:01 pm
Location: Cape Girardeau, MO

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by grizpsych » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:41 pm

MiningCityGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:21 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:46 pm
Phenomenal post, MiningCity. :clap: :clap:
I would say long-winded post. All he said was that Calhoun should play more, and should have gotten the goal line snap instead of Bingham, and Humphrey should start. None of those things would have caused the Griz receivers, running backs, and returners not to fumble. Fumbles are most of what caused the 3 losses, along with some special team goof ups. Sneed has only 3 picks this season. That is darn good.

I like Calhoun and would be fine with him playing more. However, he did get into trouble (the punch) and then got into more trouble a month or so later. And there is the athletic code of conduct, which the coaches don't administer. He did get a concussion. Don't think that can be blamed on passive-aggressive coaching. The refs call targeting, not the coaches or the fans. Calhoun didn't go to CP due to his concussion. Don't know what the story was for PSU. Calhoun had one less carry than Eastwood yesterday.

The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.

If you guys think Mining's is a great post, go for it. Shows me that none of you have a clue.
Welp, I tried.

If you make a short post, you're not providing specifics.

If you make a longer post, you're long-winded.

In either case, he never actually responds to what's said.

But he always manages to be rude and insulting.

PR -- If you want to argue that this team is better off with Sneed at QB, so be it.

If you want to undermine and talk down Humphrey, so be it.

If you want to make excuses on behalf of the coaches, so be it.

I disagree with you, but you are entitled to your opinions, no matter how foolish they may be.

And now I will go back to ignoring you completely.
Ha. He passed me over when I asked for actual, comparable data. Weird. Hey PR, it's okay to have an opinion not based on evidence. Most of us do that every post. Just own it and quit trying to post your opinions as unarguable.
Image
Image
What I see when I see the EGRIZ practically perfect poster.

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 23203
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by AZGrizFan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:19 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm


The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.
You continue to spout this “higher passing percentage” stat. If only that were an indicator of games won. There’s lies, damned lies and then there’s statistics. That’s one of those. I’ll take 5/8 for 143 and 2 TD’s over a 67% pass completion percentage with an average gain of EIGHT yards.

Next man up. Especially if he’s hobbled. That takes away his ONLY legit advantage he brings to the table over Humphrey. Because passing ability surely ain’t it.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 23203
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by AZGrizFan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:19 pm

grizpsych wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:41 pm
MiningCityGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:21 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:46 pm
Phenomenal post, MiningCity. :clap: :clap:
I would say long-winded post. All he said was that Calhoun should play more, and should have gotten the goal line snap instead of Bingham, and Humphrey should start. None of those things would have caused the Griz receivers, running backs, and returners not to fumble. Fumbles are most of what caused the 3 losses, along with some special team goof ups. Sneed has only 3 picks this season. That is darn good.

I like Calhoun and would be fine with him playing more. However, he did get into trouble (the punch) and then got into more trouble a month or so later. And there is the athletic code of conduct, which the coaches don't administer. He did get a concussion. Don't think that can be blamed on passive-aggressive coaching. The refs call targeting, not the coaches or the fans. Calhoun didn't go to CP due to his concussion. Don't know what the story was for PSU. Calhoun had one less carry than Eastwood yesterday.

The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.

If you guys think Mining's is a great post, go for it. Shows me that none of you have a clue.
Welp, I tried.

If you make a short post, you're not providing specifics.

If you make a longer post, you're long-winded.

In either case, he never actually responds to what's said.

But he always manages to be rude and insulting.

PR -- If you want to argue that this team is better off with Sneed at QB, so be it.

If you want to undermine and talk down Humphrey, so be it.

If you want to make excuses on behalf of the coaches, so be it.

I disagree with you, but you are entitled to your opinions, no matter how foolish they may be.

And now I will go back to ignoring you completely.
Ha. He passed me over when I asked for actual, comparable data. Weird. Hey PR, it's okay to have an opinion not based on evidence. Most of us do that every post. Just own it and quit trying to post your opinions as unarguable.
Good luck there. He’s been doing that for 15 years.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

PlayerRep
Posts: 23875
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by PlayerRep » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:55 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:19 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm


The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.
You continue to spout this “higher passing percentage” stat. If only that were an indicator of games won. There’s lies, damned lies and then there’s statistics. That’s one of those. I’ll take 5/8 for 143 and 2 TD’s over a 67% pass completion percentage with an average gain of EIGHT yards.

Next man up. Especially if he’s hobbled. That takes away his ONLY legit advantage he brings to the table over Humphrey. Because passing ability surely ain’t it.
Let's get all of what I have been saying: Higher passing percentage this year than Jensen and higher than Jensen last year, fewer interceptions, much better runner, faster, and better leader, including being elected captain after having been at UM for 8 months or so.

Three other factors for my thinking Sneed is better are: my observations, talking to the UM coaches, and talking to the dad of a starting receiver early in the season.

What are the views of people like you and Mining based on?
Last edited by PlayerRep on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PlayerRep
Posts: 23875
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by PlayerRep » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:58 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:19 pm
grizpsych wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:41 pm
MiningCityGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:21 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm


I would say long-winded post. All he said was that Calhoun should play more, and should have gotten the goal line snap instead of Bingham, and Humphrey should start. None of those things would have caused the Griz receivers, running backs, and returners not to fumble. Fumbles are most of what caused the 3 losses, along with some special team goof ups. Sneed has only 3 picks this season. That is darn good.

I like Calhoun and would be fine with him playing more. However, he did get into trouble (the punch) and then got into more trouble a month or so later. And there is the athletic code of conduct, which the coaches don't administer. He did get a concussion. Don't think that can be blamed on passive-aggressive coaching. The refs call targeting, not the coaches or the fans. Calhoun didn't go to CP due to his concussion. Don't know what the story was for PSU. Calhoun had one less carry than Eastwood yesterday.

The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.

If you guys think Mining's is a great post, go for it. Shows me that none of you have a clue.
Welp, I tried.

If you make a short post, you're not providing specifics.

If you make a longer post, you're long-winded.

In either case, he never actually responds to what's said.

But he always manages to be rude and insulting.

PR -- If you want to argue that this team is better off with Sneed at QB, so be it.

If you want to undermine and talk down Humphrey, so be it.

If you want to make excuses on behalf of the coaches, so be it.

I disagree with you, but you are entitled to your opinions, no matter how foolish they may be.

And now I will go back to ignoring you completely.
Ha. He passed me over when I asked for actual, comparable data. Weird. Hey PR, it's okay to have an opinion not based on evidence. Most of us do that every post. Just own it and quit trying to post your opinions as unarguable.
Good luck there. He’s been doing that for 15 years.
I said early on that Jensen had a nice passing efficiency rating. But that doesn't include running and leadership. Those are important factors for a qb. Plus, Jensen had way to many interceptions last year. This year, he's had 6 TD's passes in 6 games, and 5 in 1 game. At least, his interceptions have gone done.

User avatar
ordigger
eGriz Club
Posts: 4542
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:54 am
Location: Wandering

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by ordigger » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:49 am

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:55 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:19 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm


The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.
You continue to spout this “higher passing percentage” stat. If only that were an indicator of games won. There’s lies, damned lies and then there’s statistics. That’s one of those. I’ll take 5/8 for 143 and 2 TD’s over a 67% pass completion percentage with an average gain of EIGHT yards.

Next man up. Especially if he’s hobbled. That takes away his ONLY legit advantage he brings to the table over Humphrey. Because passing ability surely ain’t it.
Let's get all of what I have been saying: Higher passing percentage this year than Jensen and higher than Jensen last year, fewer interceptions, much better runner, faster, and better leader, including being elected captain after having been at UM for 8 months or so.

Three other factors for my thinking Sneed is better are: my observations, talking to the UM coaches, and talking to the dad of a starting receiver early in the season.

What are the views of people like you and Mining based on?
In the end, it’s your opinion, the coaches opinion, and the dad of a starting receivers opinion. Opinions are not factual in nature. I’m quite sure Gresch is more than happy where is career is going. Of course that is simply my option. And my opinion means nothing more that your opinion, the coaches opinion or the dad of the revievers opinion. In the end, my opinion is that’s opinions are simply opinions, and mean nothing. :)

Griz#64
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by Griz#64 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:09 am

Sometimes figures lie, and Liars Figure. Go Griz,

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 23203
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

Post by AZGrizFan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:14 am

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:55 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:19 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm


The fact remains that Sneed has a higher passing percentage than Jensen had last year and has this year, a higher passing percentage than Humphrey yesterday and this year, and is a much better runner than both of them. Apparently, a very good leader too.
You continue to spout this “higher passing percentage” stat. If only that were an indicator of games won. There’s lies, damned lies and then there’s statistics. That’s one of those. I’ll take 5/8 for 143 and 2 TD’s over a 67% pass completion percentage with an average gain of EIGHT yards.

Next man up. Especially if he’s hobbled. That takes away his ONLY legit advantage he brings to the table over Humphrey. Because passing ability surely ain’t it.
Let's get all of what I have been saying: Higher passing percentage this year than Jensen and higher than Jensen last year, fewer interceptions, much better runner, faster, and better leader, including being elected captain after having been at UM for 8 months or so.

Three other factors for my thinking Sneed is better are: my observations, talking to the UM coaches, and talking to the dad of a starting receiver early in the season.

What are the views of people like you and Mining based on?
In-game performance. Case closed.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

Post Reply