• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The First-Quarter Play Call That Lost The Game Was...

MiningCityGrizFan

The called handoff to a TE on the goal line.

The Griz were set up to make it a 7-point game, but for some unexplained reason, with a senior RB who has scored 26 TDs as a Grizzly (many in short-yardage, goal-line situations), the coaches decide to give the ball to Collin Bingham. A tight end who had never taken a handoff before then. At least not in college.

He subsequently fumbles and ND marches 98 yards to go up 21-0.

I get that Calhoun was in the doghouse to start the season because of the fight and the subsequent legal problems, but the kid has paid his dues. The staff put him on the 2-deep. He was flown to the game. He was ready to go.

SO WHY IN THE HELL DIDN'T ROSENBACH JUST HAVE HIS QB HAND THE BALL TO THE EXPERIENCED, VETERAN SENIOR RUNNING BACK?! WHY DID HE ONCE AGAIN HAVE TO GET CUTE (I'M STILL PISSED ABOUT THAT FAILED 2-PT CONVERSION LAST WEEK).

COACH HAUCK -- CAN YOU PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE STOP WITH THE PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE COACHING BULLS**T, STOP WITH THE HEAD GAMES, STOP PLAYING FAVORITES, START PUTTING YOUR BEST GOD D**N PLAYERS ON THE FIELD AND GIVE THEM THE BEST OPPORTUNITY TO COMPETE?!

...yep, that fumble on the 1 was completely demoralizing. I was dumbfounded Eastwood or Calhoun wern't in on that play.

IMO, there was a hell of a lot more than just that call that cost us the game, but I sure do agree wholeheartedly with the rest of your post! :clap:

grizindabox said:
I think it is cute that you think that this play, and only this play, is what lost the game.

Oh hell, there were a shit ton of other plays that contributed, but the timing of that play was the biggest in my mind.

The unwillingness to play Humphrey sooner while they still had a chance to compete wasn't a play, but also contributed to the loss. The last two losses actually.

Well - do you agree it was a significant momentum swing? It was huge - 14 to 7 became 21 to 0.
Opened the floodgates....

Tried to get tricky handing off to a TE in at st FB position was stupid. Rosy is showing why maybe Adam's State was a good place for him.

Couldn’t agree more. 2 Play calls back to back weeks that looked like NAIA non experienced shit. Just run what you run for eff sake.

I think the momentum swing was the fact that they freaking were able to drive the full distance of the field after the fumble not the fumble or the missed score.

...the first turnover...
...the pass interception...
...thrown into a subway crowd...

... :shock: ...

pussycatkillerz said:
...yep, that fumble on the 1 was completely demoralizing. I was dumbfounded Eastwood or Calhoun wern't in on that play.

" dumbfounded". Second game in a row. Befuddled, confused, stumped, at a loss, dazed, lost, and baffled. Not on suicide watch but the coaching staff should be ashamed of themselves.

MiningCityGrizFan said:

The Griz were set up to make it a 7-point game, but for some unexplained reason, with a senior RB who has scored 26 TDs as a Grizzly (many in short-yardage, goal-line situations), the coaches decide to give the ball to Collin Bingham. A tight end who had never taken a handoff before then. At least not in college.

I get that Calhoun was in the doghouse to start the season because of the fight and the subsequent legal problems, but the kid has paid his dues. The staff put him on the 2-deep. He was flown to the game. He was ready to go.

SO WHY IN THE HELL DIDN'T ROSENBACH JUST HAVE HIS QB HAND THE BALL TO THE EXPERIENCED, VETERAN SENIOR RUNNING BACK?! WHY DID HE ONCE AGAIN HAVE TO GET CUTE (I'M STILL PISSED ABOUT THAT FAILED 2-PT CONVERSION LAST WEEK).

COACH HAUCK -- CAN YOU PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE STOP WITH THE PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE COACHING BULLS**T, STOP WITH THE HEAD GAMES, STOP PLAYING FAVORITES, START PUTTING YOUR BEST GOD D**N PLAYERS ON THE FIELD AND GIVE THEM THE BEST OPPORTUNITY TO COMPETE?!

It does seem at times Hauck gets a little to cute with his plays. Last week that stupid 2 point try contributed to that loss.

ordigger said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:

It does seem at times Hauck gets a little to cute with his plays. Last week that stupid 2 point try contributed to that loss.

Do you think Hauck called that play? I don't.

PlayerRep said:
ordigger said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:

True, you're probably right.

PlayerRep said:
ordigger said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:

Are you suggesting Hauck didn't recognize a play call with the TE lined up in the backfield to receive a handoff? Holy shit! We've got bigger problems than I thought!!!

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
ordigger said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:

Are you suggesting Hauck didn't recognize a play call with the TE lined up in the backfield to receive a handoff? Holy shit! We've got bigger problems than I thought!!!

Dp you think Hauck called the play? You are truly a football idiot.

Back