• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Well We Can Stop the Talk....

AZGrizFan

DONOR
About playoffs, a winning season, beating the bobcats....

This team is just not very good. This is a very Stitt-like mid-season collapse...I don’t even recognize this team from the one that played the first 5 games.

Are we giving BH, Baer, Germer and Timmy a pass because “these aren’t their guys”? How long does that excuse fly?

Let's see:
Special teams return fumble and missed field goal
Offense two turnovers.
Defense gives up 95 yard scoring drive.

I know Mr. Bobby doesn't drop the passes. But he does come up with the game plan and get the team ready to play.

MTGRIZ12 said:
Baer sucks he has no clue

:agree:

And said as much as soon as he was hired. But folks here will make excuses because he was a relevant coach 15 years ago.

Can’t wait to see what attendance does the remainder of the year. This’ll be the earliest we’ve been eliminated from playoff contention since 2012.

grizpsych said:
The sh!t of it all is that this team has talent. This season is on the coaches!

Clearly they don’t have the horses to do much. This is both a lack of overall talent and coaching fails. Somewhere someone forgot about ball security. Seriously, if people would hold on the the damn ball...

Conventional wisdom said that going into the year with an O-Line as weak as we have would be a recipe for disaster, and boy does it look correct now.

You think the second-half season collapse was bad in 2016? That has nothing on this year.

7-4 would be a fucking miracle.

PDXGrizzly said:
grizpsych said:

Clearly they don’t have the horses to do much. This is both a lack of overall talent and coaching fails. Somewhere someone forgot about ball security. Seriously, if people would hold on the the damn ball...

I disagree. I think we have the horses, they are not being used right. Regardless of that, turnovers are not okay--ever. They have 21 to 28 points on turnovers. That is shit.

grizpsych said:
PDXGrizzly said:
grizpsych said:

I disagree. I think we have the horses, they are not being used right. Regardless of that, turnovers are not okay--ever. They have 21 to 28 points on turnovers. That is shit.

4 turnovers....28 points
2 turnovers....0 points

That speaks volumes.

The epitome of this season is Curran not laying out for the easy touchdown in the end zone. That will forever be etched into my mind as the indicator that this team has no heart/motivation/whatever you want to call it.

AZGrizFan said:
grizpsych said:
PDXGrizzly said:
grizpsych said:

4 turnovers....28 points
2 turnovers....0 points

That speaks volumes.

Volumes!

People want to do this Stitt vs Hauck thing. I just want Pflugrad back. Imagine our alternate history under him. Shit, we held Tennessee to 100ish yards rushing in 2011-his first year!

grizpsych said:
People want to do this Stitt vs Hauck thing. I just want Pflugrad back. Imagine our alternate history under him. Shit, we held Tennessee to 100ish yards rushing in 2011-his first year!
Second year. He coached the 2010 team, as well.

uofmman1122 said:
grizpsych said:
Thanks for the correction. I still stand by my beliefs here.

grizpsych said:
uofmman1122 said:
grizpsych said:
Thanks for the correction. I still stand by my beliefs here.

Taken almost an entire decade and we still don’t have the answer to the shitstorm Engstrom created.

Back