• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Trivia - last time a running back scored on first touch?

Griz2k said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
AZGrizFan said:
Sulser isn’t a running back.

He took a handoff in the backfield which made him a running back on that play.

Did he? I thought it was an end around...no?

Maybe it's semantics. Maybe I am wrong. It's still a running play and not a pass play. Still no one answering the original question LOL.

Da Boyz Mom said:
Griz2k said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
AZGrizFan said:

I guess I will have to go back and watch it but I thought for sure it was a handoff rather than a pitch.

I think it was a handoff. I guess what I'm saying is he started the play from a WR position. Probably doesn't matter I guess....a stud is a stud!

Griz2k said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
Griz2k said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

I guess I will have to go back and watch it but I thought for sure it was a handoff rather than a pitch.

I think it was a handoff. I guess what I'm saying is he started the play from a WR position. Probably doesn't matter I guess....a stud is a stud!

Ha ha I went back and edited what I said but you were too fast with the quote function. I understand what you are saying now. As much as I learn I am still always getting schooled on here.

Da Boyz Mom said:
Griz2k said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
AZGrizFan said:

Maybe it's semantics. Maybe I am wrong. It's still a running play and not a pass play. Still no one answering the original question LOL.

Good point! And I have no idea!

The essence of the question is still valid. When was the last a Griz player at any position score on the first touch?

signedbewildered said:
Grisly Fan said:
The essence of the question is still valid. When was the last a Griz player at any position score on the first touch?

Don't go there.

I feel a bit guilty for laughing out loud at this.

Grisly Fan said:

Since no one knows, I guess that stat is going to be a hard one to come by.

Griz2k said:
signedbewildered said:
Grisly Fan said:

Don't go there.

I don't feel at all guilty, but I too am laughing at this one !!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everyone knows it WBK - Wild Bill.

3rd & 11 from their own 44. A play nearly identical to Sulser’s, WB takes the pitch from Stoney Joe on the reverse, cuts to the left & roars up the sideline, 56 yards untouched. I think the vids still out there in GoGriz. A little grainy, kind of dark, but every bit as exciting.

Ps. It was the last play of the game so he decided to keep running right to Moose’s to celebrate the W. We only had him another few years. Tragic really.

https://missoulian.com/montana-lege...age_ea74767c-0638-11e1-849c-001cc4c002e0.html

Now - I’m off to putt after nearly holing out on a par 4 here in the land of my ancestors. I’m hoping this isn’t an additional snowman on my card today. If so, also tragic, but I know the scotch will be good.

717s7e said:
Anyone ever remember a running back scoring on the first touch?

didn't some long-time running back who had never gotten into any games score on his first touch, when a game was already in-hand?

or are you thinking that o-lineman?

stilwtrgrizz said:
Griz2k said:
signedbewildered said:
Grisly Fan said:

Don't go there.

I don't feel at all guilty, but I too am laughing at this one !!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My guess was Missionary. (OK, walked right into that one :oops: )

One Answer:

Willy Jones from Hamtramack, Michigan. Great sprinter for the Griz in the mid to late 60s. Took his first kickoff to the house. I believe that Willy was a 9.3 or 9.4 sprinter in the 100 yard dash - and he was built.

717s7e said:
One Answer:

Willy Jones from Hamtramack, Michigan. Great sprinter for the Griz in the mid to late 60s. Took his first kickoff to the house. I believe that Willy was a 9.3 or 9.4 sprinter in the 100 yard dash - and he was built.

I must have seen that, and have no memory of it.

Back