• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

best game by the griz this season

argh!

DONOR
by a long ways. can't remember having a qb like sneed since... ever, i guess. i can remember several other teams having a qb like him, though, and watching in frustration as they ran (seemingly) free a whole game.

sac has a good team. great qb and rb combo, kinda reminded me of the ricky ray/charles roberts combination of many, many moons ago. as a team they looked gassed in the 2nd half, though, both on offense and defense. maybe the elevation in combination with not as good a conditioning program as montana?

was surprised they had wulff as an assistant coach. i thought he was really good at eastern.

Still down on the field and this is the talk going around. Solid? Certainly not. Mistake free? Nope. Dominant? Not even close. Looking at the ENTIRE game compared to the previous three? Yes, best.

I knew sac state would be a tough match up for this young team. They showed that was exactly the case. Great job to this young team for answering the call!

signedbewildered said:
Still down on the field and this is the talk going around. Solid? Certainly not. Mistake free? Nope. Dominant? Not even close. Looking at the ENTIRE game compared to the previous three? Yes, best.

I agree 100% with each point you list.
Great bounce-back win for this team.

One of these days the Griz will play a complete game, not just halves...when that happens, look out.

Offense looked pretty good. Defense definitely stiffened up after getting gashed in the first half. I think this one may be a bigger win at the end of the season than many are giving credit for.

Best crowd I’ve seen in probably 3 or 4 years, IMO.

Jaredkuehn said:
Offense looked pretty good. Defense definitely stiffened up after getting gashed in the first half. I think this one may be a bigger win at the end of the season than many are giving credit for.

Since the NDSU win, for sure.

Defense was frustrating, but got the damn job done in the second half.

That’s the best offensive showing we’ve had vs. a good team since NDSU in 2015.

Hats off the Rosie, that was awesome.

Jaredkuehn said:

Not there, but from the broadcast ... and someone who was there ... WAY better than in a long time.

Hats off to the OL. They still weren't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but they are starting to gel as a unit. Best showing from them so far this year.

Da Boyz Mom said:
Hats off to the OL. They still weren't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but they are starting to gel as a unit. Best showing from them so far this year.

Agreed. I was really pleased with those guys today. Not only did they open some rushing holes, I also felt like they gave Sneed some time today as well.

Jaredkuehn said:

The Dave Dickenson copper and gold game was a big deal to the fans. My God it was cool to see all those 15 jerseys in the stands. The crowd had an energy today and it had a big impact on the game for sure.

I may be wrong, but did we go to a four man front in the second half.I do know that they were double teaming our down three every down in the first half. I am a little concern about allowing teams to make big ass plays in the first Quarter. My old heart cannot handle that every week.Do we need the Gipper to get them out of the locker room,with fire in their eyes and smoke coming out their ears hopefully uninjured. Go Griz 3=1

AZGrizFan said:
One of these days the Griz will play a complete game, not just halves...when that happens, look out.

That will be nice, although, I have a personal drinking game that calls for a shot when the words, "talk about a tale of two halves" are uttered. So....there's that.

biga75 said:
signedbewildered said:

I agree 100% with each point you list.
Great bounce-back win for this team.

I concur. And, here's the thing: the return road to dominance is long and bumpy. As long as we keep improving, we're on the right course.

argh, if you can focus on football and not just picking at some of us, I think you may have some potential as a football analyst. Keep up the good work.

GGNez said:
AZGrizFan said:

That will be nice, although, I have a personal drinking game that calls for a shot when the words, "talk about a tale of two halves" are uttered. So....there's that.

Oh, a complete game would definitely fuck up a few drinking games, for sure. :lol: :lol:

argh! said:
by a long ways. can't remember having a qb like sneed since... ever, i guess. i can remember several other teams having a qb like him, though, and watching in frustration as they ran (seemingly) free a whole game.

sac has a good team. great qb and rb combo, kinda reminded me of the ricky ray/charles roberts combination of many, many moons ago. as a team they looked gassed in the 2nd half, though, both on offense and defense. maybe the elevation in combination with not as good a conditioning program as montana?

was surprised they had wulff as an assistant coach. i thought he was really good at eastern.

Sneed reminded me a little bit of (dare I say it....?)....Easton Stick.... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back