• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Names you never hear mentioned anymore

AZGrizFan

DONOR
Sandry
Sims
Shaw
Robertson
Bingham
Lee
Rodriquez
Epperly

Most play. Some don’t...but these were names we heard a lot previously.

Shaw and Sims eat up a lot of blockers so Dante and Buss can make plays. I thought Sandry has played and is playing well.

grizpaws said:
Shaw and Sims eat up a lot of blockers so Dante and Buss can make plays. I thought Sandry has played and is playing well.

Plus watching, they only pick one guy that makes the tackle. I thought many times, “yeah he’s there, but so was Shaw” or sims.

jodcon said:
I thought this thread was about UMGriz75 and Alpha....

Jod, a sincere thanks to you for your brevity in not listing all of Pickle's screen names. My bandwidth appreciates it.

EverettGriz said:
jodcon said:
I thought this thread was about UMGriz75 and Alpha....

Jod, a sincere thanks to you for your brevity in not listing all of Pickle's screen names. My bandwidth appreciates it.

I don't have that kind of time, life's too short.

zootownrox said:
I was thinking Brian Ah Yat! That guy was incredible and under appreciated since he was right after Super Dave.

Should have beat Wyoming in Laramie if that int didn’t go through the LB’s hands!

AZGrizFan said:
I realize they’re playing...just seems like their names are never called anymore.

When the color guys aren’t as knowledgeable as a Grady Bennett or a Mick n Gurnz. :thumb:

zootownrox said:
I was thinking Brian Ah Yat! That guy was incredible and under appreciated since he was right after Super Dave.

:clap:

He was something special. And although his team loss to Marshall, IMO that was the better team in 1996.

zootownrox said:

Anything Ah Yat did was diminished for me due to a loudmouth fan (aka - a fan) behind me who thought his first name was Ah and last name Yat.

"Let's go, Yat!"

"Way to go, Ah!"

I shit you not.

GGNez said:
zootownrox said:

Anything Ah Yat did was diminished for me due to a loudmouth fan (aka - a fan) behind me who thought his first name was Ah and last name Yat.

"Let's go, Yat!"

"Way to go, Ah!"

I shit you not.
GG is a poet :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
Sandry
Sims
Shaw
Robertson
Bingham
Lee
Rodriquez
Epperly

Most play. Some don’t...but these were names we heard a lot previously.

Sandry - With this designed defense he's covering less of the field than he once was, less misses to clean up. Also seems defenses have taken to attacking Hauck or Robertson a little more than Sandry. I would assume that early on opposing OC's generally know what Sandry is and how he plays so they're testing the other safeties (and having success against some of them). Was surprised to just see 14 total tackles for him though, that's really low...

Sims / Shaw - These two and when you include Tilleman make up the 6th, 7th, and 8th leading tacklers on the team. I have a brewing theory that this defensive design is meant for the LB's to have the "sexy" stats of TFLs and sacks. I think up until this Sac game the defense's generally low amount of rushing yards allowed was/is a testament to their work. That said Sims is tied for 3rd with TFL's right now

Robertson - This last week was bumped off the starting list by Miller, I'd noticed that when the game started that #10 was out there instead of #2.

Bingham - Glad to see he played a bit this week, was worried that injury was worse. I would assume that with the shape of this OL he's been more of a blocker than anything. Sneed also usually has less time to throw than would like so it seems most of the passes he's throwing are safer/shorter ones to the sidelines.

Lee - Buried in depth, but I personally think he should get some more touches. I like him in space with the ball more than the other RB's.

Rodriguez - 2nd string DE, wasn't breaking through the starting group that's 2 seniors and 1 junior. I think he'll be a guy we hear more from next season.

Epperly - Obviously with the addition of Robertson and Miller he got bumped back in terms of reps at safety. However, while he's not a name that pops a lot, watch him (and the other safety McGinnis) on special teams. Those two are usually the ones down the field first and cause a lot of disruption. I think "Ep" is one of these guys that's pouring his full heart and soul into his job as a main dude on special teams and is making a huge impact there, which doesn't always show up in the stat books.

GGNez said:
zootownrox said:

"Let's go, Yat!"

"Way to go, Ah!"

I shit you not.

Can one even be called a "fan" if he doesn't know the starting quarterback's name? Good Lord.

Did Rodriguez get into the game on Saturday? I see his name on the Participant chart but that thing is so inaccurate I think I saw Jimmy Hoffa's name on it one time. I don't remember seeing him out there but didn't think about it until after the game.

Saw that Brennan Corbin was in sweats, as was I think Dallas Hart, as either one played yet this year?

GGNez: The Roughriders had a kicker for a while name Luca Congi and the number of fans who yelled nonsense about Lou Cacongi was mind hurting.

Latest posts

Back