• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

DirecTV Channels for Griz Game

grizpsych

Audience Channel (71, might be my local channel) - Available to watch on TV
Root Sports NW (687) - Available on TV and Available on the DirecTV App if you are connected to a local area network with a DirecTV box that has the sports package.

This game is also available using the root sports web page or app. But, you have to be in the broadcast area (Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, or Alaska) and you may have to have DirecTV--either online or satellite.

http://northwest.rootsports.com/

For the App, your ability to watch the game is determined by the following:

"Note: Access to ROOT SPORTS live video is determined by your TV provider and package as well as your location. Content is region-specific based on registered home zip code as well as location at time of access."

Coverage Map.
ROOT-SPORTS_Northwest_Map900x900.jpg

Da Boyz Mom said:
I get it through Dish via the multisport pack. Channel 426 here in NM.

Oh yeah. Other cable networks have it. I just posted this because Root Sports is owned by AT&T/DirecTV. :thumb:

grizpsych said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Oh yeah. Other cable networks have it. I just posted this because Root Sports is owned by AT&T/DirecTV. :thumb:

Actually, Root Sports NW -- which covers the bsc -- is majority owned by the Seattle Mariners. It's minority owned by AT&T. The other Roots are owned by AT&T.

In fact the reason Root carries bsc games is to that smaller cable companies in MT, OR, AK and ID continue to carry the channel so they can get Mariner games into those households and charge more to advertisers.

EverettGriz said:
grizpsych said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Actually, Root Sports NW -- which covers the bsc -- is majority owned by the Seattle Mariners. It's minority owned by AT&T. The other Roots are owned by AT&T.

In fact the reason Root carries bsc games is to that smaller cable companies in MT, OR, AK and ID continue to carry the channel so they can get Mariner games into those households and charge more to advertisers.

Ahh. That must be why Root Sports NW got to keep it's name and the other names have been changed. Thanks. It is good to know this stuff because it helps me get through their walls of service. :thumb:

Back