• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Congratulations Dave Dickenson

bgbigdog

DONOR
[media]https://youtu.be/dPSlAR3WNRY[/media]

[media]https://youtu.be/0hI89rMWSnA[/media]

Riveting as the uni conversation has been, take a moment to reflect on why they’re honoring the second Grizzly to be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame tomorrow. Here’s to you Super Dave.

[media]https://twitter.com/nffnetwork/status/1043194723731685376?s=21[/media]

When Dave was on the filed I would hope they backed us up to the one so he had the opportunity to get 99 yards total offense. He did more often than not.

Dave, in my mind, single handedly provided a generation of fans with the confidence we were never out of a game. If one guy can build a program this is the man.

Thank you Dave!

Thanks for the vids, BG!
Love that ref who explained the safety in the '95 NC. He probably went home, cleaned the gutters, and grilled one porterhouse before eating the whole thing while watching Roadhouse on VHS. I can tell that dude didn't fuck around.

goatcreekgriz said:
Most fun ever at WA-Griz were those 1995 playoff games. Loud, cold, and kicked ass.
Yaaas! I was just old enough to be dangerous and I remember during the SFA game there was this town-drunk who went row-by-row slurring, “tear ‘em down, tear down the goalposts!” He started before half and systematically told every person.
When the gun sounded, we tied a blanket into the fence at row one of the NEZ, and slid down it like a fireman’s pole to get on the field. Even then, it was still a jarring drop. The mob of students first tried to get the south posts, but were rebuffed. So they rushed across the field to join us on the north side assault but again ole Smokey came prepared. To this day, I’m not a big fan of pepper

garizzalies said:
goatcreekgriz said:
Most fun ever at WA-Griz were those 1995 playoff games. Loud, cold, and kicked ass.
Yaaas! I was just old enough to be dangerous and I remember during the SFA game there was this town-drunk who went row-by-row slurring, “tear ‘em down, tear down the goalposts!” He started before half and systematically told every person.
When the gun sounded, we tied a blanket into the fence at row one of the NEZ, and slid down it like a fireman’s pole to get on the field. Even then, it was still a jarring drop. The mob of students first tried to get the south posts, but were rebuffed. So they rushed across the field to join us on the north side assault but again ole Smokey came prepared. To this day, I’m not a big fan of pepper

Hey, man! Show just a bit more respect for EverettGriz. Just a request. He was marginally more than the "town drunk" in those days.

CDAGRIZ said:
garizzalies said:
goatcreekgriz said:

Hey, man! Show just a bit more respect for EverettGriz. Just a request. He was marginally more than the "town drunk" in those days.

No kidding, as soon as he comes to in the morning/afternoon, there will be hell to pay!

CDAGRIZ said:
garizzalies said:
goatcreekgriz said:

Love the story. I was instrumental in bringing down the goalposts for the first time in Griz history in 1989 (I think) after the last home playoff win. I said "we gotta bring the goal-posts down, we might be National Champs" ." I only convinced a dozen or so to join me, and we struggled mightily at first until others joined in. We caught everyone by surprise that time and there was definately no pepper-spray or police interference. I think by 1995 they were somewhat prepared for the goal-post take-down (which I had nothing to do with). The 95' goalpost tear-down and pepper-spray incident remain much more vivid to most people, and can still be seen at Red's Bar, but I did it first.

Zirg said:
CDAGRIZ said:
garizzalies said:
goatcreekgriz said:

Love the story. I was instrumental in bringing down the goalposts for the first time in Griz history in 1989 (I think) after the last home playoff win. I said "we gotta bring the goal-posts down, we might be National Champs" ." I only convinced a dozen or so to join me, and we struggled mightily at first until others joined in. We caught everyone by surprise that time and there was definately no pepper-spray or police interference. I think by 1995 they were somewhat prepared for the goal-post take-down (which I had nothing to do with). The 95' goalpost tear-down and pepper-spray incident remain much more vivid to most people, and can still be seen at Red's Bar, but I did it first.

You're a true American, and an even truer Griz. It outs my age, but I'll have you know I was in the mix in 2004 when the South posts came down after we crushed SHSU in the semis. The authorities just kind of let it happen. As far as I recall, it was glorious. Should've won that next game against JMU on the mesh.

One more from yesterday in case you missed it.

[media][https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=QSq_cBUDC8o#fauxfullscreen/media]

Super Dave! He has done MT and our beloved Griz proud!

A great representative for MT and the Griz.

Go Griz!

42266820_1074283186081728_6800749420913623040_n.jpg

I'm hoping I heard this wrong but with all the hoopla (appropriate) and talk about this cool event, the presentation is scheduled to occur during the TV time out between first and second quarter? 2 maybe 3 minutes is all this is worth? Less time than the damn dance cam?????? This can't be right.

I’ve seen it — conservatively — 150 times. And yet I still get a nervous pit in my stomach watching the clip of 4th and 3 on the final drive.

I had the pleasure of playing with Dave! Caught 33 passes my senior year and 2 TDs! CMR class of 1991 is still one of the greatest teams in MT history. Too bad it did not work out for Jeff McElroy at UM. Those two dominated in high school! Dave is a stand up guy. He was always competitive and pushed himself and teammates to improve. It is no surprise to those who knew him that he’d be crazy successful after HS. CMR lost to Hellgate last night...times have changed. We miss Jack Johnson. Congrats Dave on an amazing career.

Back