• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Throw backs!!

ORGUNGRIZ

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn7ZiFCjCSq/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Not sure how to attach photos. But we need to keep this throw back combo!!

The colors combined look great!

iAPLOdv.jpg

9AM8UDJ.jpg

r3gSWc5.jpg

fQ4HccK.jpg

4P6Cuul.jpg

UM will be handing out these Dave Dickenson shades in the student section. :cool:
8Ggv8tS.jpg

BDizzle said:
dupuyer griz said:
Love the throwbacks, very disappointed in the helmet choice.

New helmets are crazy expensive. Not in the budget.
You’d be surprised how much I’d pony up, providing one of them made it onto the mantle when it was all said and done.

I love the look, but the only actual retro part is the top. And those are the one's they wore against NAU a few years ago. Bdizzle, I agree that new helmets are expensive, and a throwback helmet would be a bit much to spend on one game. However, at this point, the Griz have to be literally the only NCAA DI team in the country that has ONE helmet. The matte maroon and white helmets are obviously gone, except for the ones they saved for the equipment room. I know a lot of people don't give a rats ass about Uniswagg, BUT ALOT of really good high school football players DO care.

George Ferguson said:
I love the look, but the only actual retro part is the top. And those are the one's they wore against NAU a few years ago. Bdizzle, I agree that new helmets are expensive, and a throwback helmet would be a bit much to spend on one game. However, at this point, the Griz have to be literally the only NCAA DI team in the country that has ONE helmet. The matte maroon and white helmets are obviously gone, except for the ones they saved for the equipment room. I know a lot of people don't give a rats ass about Uniswagg, BUT ALOT of really good high school football players DO care.
I don't know about NAU, but they wore them 11/22/08 vs. MSU. UM 35; MSU 3. Clown colors - burnt orange and babysh!t yellow.

kemajic said:
George Ferguson said:
I don't know about NAU, but they wore them 11/22/08 vs. MSU. UM 35; MSU 3. Clown colors - burnt orange and babysh!t yellow.

I dig those original colors.

kemajic said:
George Ferguson said:

Kem, no these current copper tops are not the same one's the Griz wore against the Cats in 2008. That game, Nike designed the throwback unis to match the originals exactly, and actually, the players got to keep theirs from that game. Marc Mariani's dad has the jersey and helmet in a pretty cool display in his house. The one's the Griz are wearing Saturday were worn in the 2015 homecoming game against NAU to honor the 1995 national championship team. That day, they did actually wear the throwback pants though from the 2008 Cat-Griz game. They also wore the white helmet with the copper Griz script on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5gwOqcePFU&t=32s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O21nI-uvU60&t=119s

Like the ones against msu much better, the one with the white numbers look to much like Oklahoma State or Texas. Not a fan.

Is there anywhere to buy throwback replica jerseys? Good quality ones, not the garbage colosseum kind.

Back