• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pre-Game Idea

mtgrizfankb

Alright I was just bored and was thinking about some game day things. So I noticed some kids were bummed when Monte did not have an intro in the Drake game. I also noticed that during the UNI game Monte still does the kid rock song thing that is pretty lame and never on beat anyways. Throughout both games the Montana grizzlies chant was an after thought and sucked. Why doesn't Monte come out like he normally does on his motorcycle or side by side or whatever is the plan and after he gets out....lead the crowd in the Montana Grizzlies chant. That would be right before or as the visitors come out and right before or during the coin flip which we never hear anyways. I know some fans tried to start it a few years ago during that time frame. What do you think? I don't know anyone in that section of the gameday experience over there. Wasn't BW in some fancy gameday experience committee of something?

PS- If this is a dumb idea...just let me know :lol:

mtgrizfankb said:
Alright I was just bored and was thinking about some game day things. So I noticed some kids were bummed when Monte did not have an intro in the Drake game. I also noticed that during the UNI game Monte still does the kid rock song thing that is pretty lame and never on beat anyways. Throughout both games the Montana grizzlies chant was an after thought and sucked. Why doesn't Monte come out like he normally does on his motorcycle or side by side or whatever is the plan and after he gets out....lead the crowd in the Montana Grizzlies chant. That would be right before or as the visitors come out and right before or during the coin flip which we never hear anyways. I know some fans tried to start it a few years ago during that time frame. What do you think? I don't know anyone in that section of the gameday experience over there. Wasn't BW in some fancy gameday experience committee of something?

Don't worry ... they will. :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Otherwise, I have no opinion, since we don't make it to games that often from down here in Idaho.)

mtgrizfankb said:

that kid rock chant thing is stupid. so is the song they run out to. I thought for sure they would have new, fresh songs/features with bobby's return. kind of disappointing they haven't changed any of those things.

:cry:
hilinegrizfan said:
mtgrizfankb said:

that kid rock chant thing is stupid. so is the song they run out to. I thought for sure they would have new, fresh songs/features with bobby's return. kind of disappointing they haven't changed any of those things.

I conducted a poll earlier this year, and having the fellas run out to “Takin’ Care of Business” by the awesome Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) was a runaway winner!
Also, I’ll bet that if we started blasting that tune with 5 minutes to go until the start of the 3rd quarter, folks’d be filing back to their seats like so many salmon to their spawning grounds! :thumb:

I hate the bring em out bring em out too. I was told that the players like this so it is staying. The music played is not rowdy any more. The kiss cam sucks. The karaoke video goes too long. I never see scores of other college games being played posted. I never hear the announcer give scores of other games anymore either. I have stayed in the stadium the last two games at halftime to see what has changed there, and guess what? nothing! Monte came out the 1st game on his bike. My grandson was disappointed last game that Monte didn't have a good showing. The last few Monte's have been pretty lazy compared to several in the past. Oh well, we get football in Washington Grizzly Stadium, who can complain?

i'm obviously quite boring, but i'd like to go to a football game and have it be just a football game, with a readable scoreboard that shows me lot of information, i.e. down, distance, and maybe relevant scores from elsewhere and some in-game stats every now and again.

argh! said:
i'm obviously quite boring, but i'd like to go to a football game and have it be just a football game, with a readable scoreboard that shows me lot of information, i.e. down, distance, and maybe relevant scores from elsewhere and some in-game stats every now and again.

Don’t forget less stairs, rest stations, and walker racks.

Is too much to ask for a moist towell on sunny hot days.

Free coffee, please.

"I never see scores of other college games being played posted...…"

This.

Not posted but also not mentioned unless I am missing them. Years back it seems they always announced what was going on not only around the Big Sky but quite often with opponents from other conferences we played, or would play.

I miss cheering the announcement of the scats being down by three scores.

Furthermore, why hasn't anyone started a uniform thread. Those things hit 30 pages over on scat forum.

https://twitter.com/montanagrizfb?lang=en

Diesel said:
argh! said:

Don’t forget less stairs, rest stations, and walker racks.

Is too much to ask for a moist towell on sunny hot days.

Free coffee, please.

and just where in the hell does my used colostomy bag go?

mtgrizfankb said:

I like your idea. Good luck getting it implemented.

Sadly it will likely take an effort of seismic proportions to get notices of other college scores and/or updates of relevant Big Sky games to make these basic features a part of the WAGRIZ experience. Why they aren't continues to mystify me and I'm sure a TON of other Griz fans. :(

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
:cry:
hilinegrizfan said:
mtgrizfankb said:

I conducted a poll earlier this year, and having the fellas run out to “Takin’ Care of Business” by the awesome Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) was a runaway winner!
Also, I’ll bet that if we started blasting that tune with 5 minutes to go until the start of the 3rd quarter, folks’d be filing back to their seats like so many salmon to their spawning grounds! :thumb:

I think every student would leave... takin care of business is not a pump up song

signedbewildered said:
"I never see scores of other college games being played posted...…"

This.

Not posted but also not mentioned unless I am missing them. Years back it seems they always announced what was going on not only around the Big Sky but quite often with opponents from other conferences we played, or would play.

I miss cheering the announcement of the scats being down by three scores.

they do during big sky play. before that they don't announce scores

Could we please sing the national anthem with some vigor?

All it would take is for the announcer to ask that we sing it so that it can be heard at that college east of the mountains. It would be a nice tradition and get people "up" for the kickoff.

717s7e said:
Could we please sing the national anthem with some vigor?

All it would take is for the announcer to ask that we sing it so that it can be heard at that college east of the mountains. It would be a nice tradition and get people "up" for the kickoff.

oh jesus...now were complaining about the anthem? This is not what I intended. I was just hoping someone had an in with the gameday crew. :oops:

Back