• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs. Pam State Predictions

Griz Win
Grizzlyclaw 55-14
retiredpopo 52-12
Paytonlives 48-15
granitegriz 48-0
Griz2k 45-20
rocklobster 45-14
grizaremoregooder 42-17
GrizMusician 41-24
Jodcon 37-21
AKGriz72 35-28
ranco 28-24
DuCharme 38-17
fltheadgriz 38-17
mtgrizfankb 38-17
VAGriz 37-20
GrizLA 35-17
electricgriz 35-14
AZDoc 34-24
grizpack 34-24
Gaeilge1 34-20
AZgrizfan 34-17
jm2142 34-17
mtmopars 34-17
Diesel 34-24
MikeyGriz 34-21
nycgriz 33-24
Bear Axed 32-28
Da Boyz Mom 31-28
'68griz 31-27
jcu27 31-23
reinell30 31-22
zengriz 30-25
Jared Kuehn 30-24
TCCGRIZ 30-17
Signedbewildered 30-9
EveretGriz 29-21
Montana37 28-23
mavman 28-21
Dillon 27-26
Fahque 27-24
Yukon 25-21
ddmann 24-21
ORGUNGRIZ 24-21

Pam State Wins
Kadeezy 38-35
Ursus1 35-17
MontanaBob 30-27

Not recored yet
IdahoGrizFan
NikeGrizz
reinell30
Grizband
Grizfan20
grizeyes
pussycatkillerz
RayWill
floridagriz15
putter
Oso Negro
UofMGrizFan
bigkid
emilsson_2000
zootownvox
hilenegrizfan
jtgriz2
DagrizJ
first11
Hawkeyebowhunter
MissoulaMarinierFan
Grizzly Oredigger
Silenoz
Maxim
poorgriz
mtgriz
GrizIron
westcoastfn
allwatherfan
HookedonGriz

From 2002 Washington Times

Slippery slope
By Patrick Hruby
Special to Page 2

The problem with the Sacramento State football players who slathered themselves with nonstick cooking spray last weekend isn't that they tried to cheat.

It's that they picked the wrong lubricant.

PAM cooking spray
Despite all the PAM, the loss still stuck.
According to the Big Sky Conference and school officials, at least three Sacramento State players greased their jerseys with PAM during a loss at Montana last weekend, presumably in order to slip opposing players' grasps more easily.

A sideline photographer spotted two Sacramento State players spraying each other on the sidelines and took snapshots, which he then turned over to the league.

"I think it's a serious ethical breach," said Big Sky commissioner Doug Fullerton. "It actually does work, to a certain extent."

Maybe so, but judging by the results -- Sacramento State still lost the game -- cooking spray doesn't quite work well enough. With that in mind, Page 2 has complied a list of slippery substitutes, most of which have been approved by the FDA:

Oil of Olay
Method of application: Dab 'n' rub. Page 2 readers should be familiar.

Pros: Softer, firmer, younger-looking skin. Locks in moisture for up to 24 hours. Protects against UV rays. Won't clog pores. Gives jerseys a warm, healthy sheen.

Cons: Requires headache-inducing trip to the cosmetics counter. "Non-greasy" formula not likely to cut it.

Bottom Line: May have to rub into opponent for maximum effect. Better to avoid.

Crisco
Method of application: A spatula works best.

Pros: Contains 50 percent less fat than butter. Does not require refrigeration. Will not scorch or burn. Adds a delicious, buttery flavor to any tackle and/or pileup.

Cons: Goopy texture makes it tough to spread. Makes a lousy salad dressing. May require an additional coating of flour, which is likely to be spotted by observant referees.

Bottom line: If you're thinking about using margarine, try this instead.

Valvoline
What, you thought we were kidding?
Valvoline
Method of application: Open bottle. Close eyes. Plug ears. Pour over head.

Pros: Fights thermal and viscosity breakdown, and minimizes deposit formation. Exceeds current U.S., Japanese and European wear tests. Voted "Product of the Year" by Lubricants World magazine.

Cons: Should not be ingested.

Bottom line: If it's good enough for Lubricants World magazine, it's good enough for us.

Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette
Method of application: Shake before opening. Season to taste.

Pros: Aging process yields smooth, mellow, yet complex flavor, the perfect compliment for a mouthful of turf. Newman donates all after-tax profits to charity.

Cons: Contains something called Xanthan Gum, which is probably a banned substance under NCAA rules.

Bottom line: An excellent match for Notre Dame and Michigan State's salad-green jerseys. And it's for a good cause!

K-Y Jelly
Method of application: It depends on what you're, er, into.

Pros: Long-lasting. Fragrance-free. Water soluble. Gynecologist recommended.

Cons: Would work better if jerseys were made of latex.

Bottom line: It's lube in a tube. How can you go wrong?

Patrick Hruby is a sportswriter for the Washington Times. You can reach him at [email protected].

Paytonlives said:
PDXGrizzly said:
I remember that game! They cheated like hell but the Griz still pasted them.

Thought that was a funny report...

That was a brilliant piece of commentary by Patrick Hruby. If Sac were even a little ethical they would have used Newman’s Own...

The usual for me.

GRIZ 30
Visitors 9

Actually expecting a dominant win this weekend. I won't pick against the GRIZ but last week it was tough not to. Easy decision this time around. We got this. Fom what I hear, we didn't lose any key players to injuries.

#redemption

signedbewildered said:
The usual for me.

GRIZ 30
Visitors 9

Actually expecting a dominant win this weekend. I won't pick against the GRIZ but last week it was tough not to. Easy decision this time around. We got this. Fom what I hear, we didn't lose any key players to injuries.

#redemption

Sounds like we might have a shoulder injury or two.

Something like 30-24 Griz. I’ll also predict the Griz score one non-offensive touchdown to put them over the hump.

I think this won’t be the same old Pam State that we’ve grown to know and love. They have some pretty good coaches on staff and don’t they have one of the best secondaries in the BSC?

Back