• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Iraqigriz...

bigtyme

Hey all, most probably have no idea about Iraqigriz, but that was my handle before bigtyme. Been here since the early days and when this site actually was mostly football and less nonsense. There was some great dialogue about football and life in general. My best memory was from a group of people who organized a barbecue in Polson to support me and my fellow troops while I was deployed. In fact, a beautiful handmade quilt still is hung at my home that was given to me on that day! We ended up being able to watch the Griz play in the natty that year because AFN came through on a request to broadcast the game. That was 14 years ago...

How times change but stay the same. I find myself and a MTARNG unit I support in Afghanistan many years later. The things that have changed over here are the communication/internet access, Egriz (a lot of garbage, not much football), and a not so dominant football team is attempting to make a comeback.

My hope is that as camp starts and people start preparing for a fun fall that you take a minute to appreciate the many wonderful blessings in your lives and know that there are Griz fans across the world who will be once again doing all we can to keep up on camp and the season as football is a tie that binds us to Montana! The season is a benchmark that will help many of us get where it is we want to be--at home in Montana and sitting in Washington Grizzly Stadium to see some dominant Griz Football. Take care all! Go Griz!

Thank you for your service! It is men and women like you, that always left my eyes moist after the National Anthem is played. My son did 2 tours and lost 4 friends in Iraq. I’m glad you made it home alive and hope you are doing well. Go Griz!!!!

bigtyme said:
Hey all, most probably have no idea about Iraqigriz, but that was my handle before bigtyme. Been here since the early days and when this site actually was mostly football and less nonsense. There was some great dialogue about football and life in general. My best memory was from a group of people who organized a barbecue in Polson to support me and my fellow troops while I was deployed. In fact, a beautiful handmade quilt still is hung at my home that was given to me on that day! We ended up being able to watch the Griz play in the natty that year because AFN came through on a request to broadcast the game. That was 14 years ago...

How times change but stay the same. I find myself and a MTARNG unit I support in Afghanistan many years later. The things that have changed over here are the communication/internet access, Egriz (a lot of garbage, not much football), and a not so dominant football team is attempting to make a comeback.

My hope is that as camp starts and people start preparing for a fun fall that you take a minute to appreciate the many wonderful blessings in your lives and know that there are Griz fans across the world who will be once again doing all we can to keep up on camp and the season as football is a tie that binds us to Montana! The season is a benchmark that will help many of us get where it is we want to be--at home in Montana and sitting in Washington Grizzly Stadium to see some dominant Griz Football. Take care all! Go Griz!

Well said. Well done. Thank You!

Go Griz!

Thanks to you and all who put your life on the line to protect the greatest country in the world...... even those who would change it to mirror the not-so-great countries of the world.

Thank you for your service. And this message today, thank you. Taking it all for granted happens every day.

Back