• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

If the Spuds do well or not?

GlacierGrizX

If Idaho does well and makes the playoffs, will they continue to get high-value recruits? If they still continue to do well, will they eventually lose all FBS-level talent through attrition, and be left with standard FCS recruits? What if they do poorly, will they be in the same pool as: Sac St, Northern Colorado, or UC Davis for talent level? If they start getting a "winning culture" back; could that entice New Mexico State to join the Big Sky?

I feel they will be a good program again starting now. I think they will continue to be better at this level.

I believe Idaho will be a top 25 or higher FCS team for a long time. I also think win they are winning all the fans who are pouting now will be back along with a few thousand more to root the vandals on.
They may be able to recruit better players in a few years when the fans jump back on board and if they can become contenders.
Would Idaho success hurt EWU??? I think so.

Idaho was always tough at this level; many battles with Montana, BSU and Nevada. Montana, BSU, ISU, MSU and EWU won NC's, but Nevada and Idaho didn't.

I mean think of it this way...I think Idaho will do very good at this level....but think about it...

The Griz were the most dominant team of the early 2000s as far as having sustained success, fanbase, facilities, and brand recognition. So say Idaho matches that success for that long (unlikely), theyd probably get similar recruits like the Griz did..lots of borderline FBS-FCS recruits with a couple definite FBS level talent.

I'm wondering how their troll game is. Any insights? I'm hoping a few will take PR to the woodshed.

As for football, I'm wondering how much the off field distractions are affecting them? I happen to believe they will immediately be in contention as the end nears, but I don't see them running away with the title. Safe money has them in the top tier of this conference playing at the same level as Weber and SUU from last year. I'm glad the Cats have them at home.

ABQCat said:
I'm hoping a few will take PR to the woodshed.

I've tried, but my best efforts have only kept him off eGriz for a week. Self imposed silence to teach us a lesson, I assume. At least he uses the 'hide' function while viewing, since then. Too many enablers in this forum. The best excuse is 'we'll take the good with the bad,' or some such nonsense.
Back to topic, Spuds should do well, at least for a few years. Not like their trip 'up,' to the FBS, they ARE on their trip down, though. Once his kid is irrelevant, Daddy will get a job with brother, then Idaho can start over.

statler & waldorf said:
ABQCat said:

I've tried, but my best efforts have only kept him off eGriz for a week. Self imposed silence to teach us a lesson, I assume. At least he uses the 'hide' function while viewing, since then. Too many enablers in this forum. The best excuse is 'we'll take the good with the bad,' or some such nonsense.
Back to topic, Spuds should do well, at least for a few years. Not like their trip 'up,' to the FBS, they ARE on their trip down, though. Once his kid is irrelevant, Daddy will get a job with brother, then Idaho can start over.

You have never succeeded in anything with me, and never will, other than encouraging me to keep pointing out your dumb posts. Too many idiots like yourself on this forum. Again, most posters are figuring out what an idiot you are. Like your Vick post. What is wrong with you?

kemajic said:
Idaho was always tough at this level; many battles with Montana, BSU and Nevada. Montana, BSU, ISU, MSU and EWU won NC's, but Nevada and Idaho didn't.
I did not know Idaho State won a chipper in 1981? Never would have thought or known about it besides your post. Thanks!

PlayerRep said:
statler & waldorf said:
ABQCat said:

You have never succeeded in anything with me, and never will, other than encouraging me to keep pointing out your dumb posts. Too many idiots like yourself on this forum. Again, most posters are figuring out what an idiot you are. Like your Vick post. What is wrong with you?

it isn't often that i agree with greenie, or more specifically the overall 'i know more than you' vibe of his posts, but he speaks the truth in this one.

GlacierGrizX said:
If Idaho does well and makes the playoffs, will they continue to get high-value recruits? If they still continue to do well, will they eventually lose all FBS-level talent through attrition, and be left with standard FCS recruits? What if they do poorly, will they be in the same pool as: Sac St, Northern Colorado, or UC Davis for talent level? If they start getting a "winning culture" back; could that entice New Mexico State to join the Big Sky?

You overestimate the FBS talent they had - a few top prospects, but they have only recruited at a top 50 FCS level for the last 15 years. They did start having a harder time recruiting when they brought the Olympic sports back into the BSC, football players saw the future of FCS on the wall. Petrino has strong roots to Montana, his roots in Helena and across the state, but his stay at UI will end when his son leaves the program.

They will finish about 5th this year, stay in the BSC top 4th to 8th for about 3 years, and then be relegated to ISU status. Crowds will leave the Kibbie Dome for a few years, but it will be packed by MSU, EWU, UM and ISU fans to watch the visitors. In 5 years, they will have forgotten FBS and settle into the BSC with a return of the fan base.

Montanabob said:
GlacierGrizX said:

You overestimate the FBS talent they had - a few top prospects, but they have only recruited at a top 50 FCS level for the last 15 years. They did start having a harder time recruiting when they brought the Olympic sports back into the BSC, football players saw the future of FCS on the wall. Petrino has strong roots to Montana, his roots in Helena and across the state, but his stay at UI will end when his son leaves the program.

They will finish about 5th this year, stay in the BSC top 4th to 8th for about 3 years, and then be relegated to ISU status. Crowds will leave the Kibbie Dome for a few years, but it will be packed by MSU, EWU, UM and ISU fans to watch the visitors. In 5 years, they will have forgotten FBS and settle into the BSC with a return of the fan base.
This post has to be bookmarked for a future check, as it is way, way too pessimistic for Idaho's level of success in the BSC.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
statler & waldorf said:
ABQCat said:

it isn't often that i agree with greenie, or more specifically the overall 'i know more than you' vibe of his posts, but he speaks the truth in this one.
And it is not often I agree with you, but it's easy to align vs. S&W. I'm proud to have authored his favorite dig, "we'll take the good with the bad." While I never recall any "good" coming from S&W.

kemajic said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
statler & waldorf said:

And it is not often I agree with you, but it's easy to align vs. S&W. I'm proud to have authored his favorite dig, "we'll take the good with the bad." While I never recall any "good" coming from S&W.

And my view is that it's all good (not talking about S&W).

How does it work for them coming back down as far as scholarships go? Do they take scholarships away? Do they just go on by attrition? I mean who gets to keep one and who don't? Sounds like kind of tough deal. Or has this transpired over time and they haven't been allocated their 80+ for the last few years?

Can you imagine everything going to form for them, winning a national title game and still waking up in Moscow Idaho? Heart wrenching.

SaskGriz said:
Can you imagine everything going to form for them, winning a national title game and still waking up in Moscow Idaho? Heart wrenching.

That is why NDSU keeps winning titles, in hopes some other state offers to move the entire facility to a nicer location.

reinell30 said:
How does it work for them coming back down as far as scholarships go? Do they take scholarships away? Do they just go on by attrition? I mean who gets to keep one and who don't? Sounds like kind of tough deal. Or has this transpired over time and they haven't been allocated their 80+ for the last few years?

They've been running below scholarship max level already and then slowly worked their way over the last couple years to FCS level. This is also why they are able to make playoffs so soon.

MTOutsider said:
SaskGriz said:

That is why NDSU keeps winning titles, in hopes some other state offers to move the entire facility to a nicer location.

LOL is over-used but that made me laugh out loud.

Back