Week 4: EWU @ Montana Game Thread

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football

Who wins this game?

Montana (2-1)
64
44%
#11 EWU (1-2)
20
14%
Bobcats Suck
60
42%
 
Total votes: 144
User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 25851
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

AZDoc wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:01 pm
UMcheer2000 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:20 pm
This is on Stitt.

All those stupid passes to the flat, playing conservative when we get into the RZ and Semore isn’t soing a good job teaching the defense how to actually tackle.
EWoo runs a lot of stupid passes to the flat...hence one guy with 37 catches. Oh, and Griz defense igets gassed...wonder who uses that idea?
:lol: :clap:
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.
Screamin_Eagle174
Posts: 1197
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:10 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:45 pm
Looks like the Beagles brought FG's to a TD party! Lol
Looks like UM brought a 1st half game to a 2nd half game. :thumb:
PDXGrizzly
eGriz Club
Posts: 2068
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:45 am

Fahque wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:02 pm
Jensen doesn't lose another game this year. Bank on it
:lol:

As if Jensen was the big problem...
PDXGrizzly
eGriz Club
Posts: 2068
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:45 am

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:12 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:45 pm
Looks like the Beagles brought FG's to a TD party! Lol
Looks like UM brought a 1st half game to a 2nd half game. :thumb:
Looks like you can go back to your meth shanty. How's business these days? Is selling to grade schoolers panning out for you?
HelenaHandBasket
Posts: 5223
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:32 pm

I am not going to sugar coat the second half defense, but the same old poor special teams play and drops by receivers played a solid part in the third quarter collapse.
User avatar
BadlandsGrizFan
Posts: 5150
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:21 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Stitt offense is scoring enough points to win games....his boy Semores defense is not getting it done. Any time we score 40+ we should win the game that's the bottom line. I don't care when the points come. We're scoring more than enough that we should be winning
Montana is no place for the idler, the penniless, the feeble in will or body!
User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 25851
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

HelenaHandBasket wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:15 pm
I am not going to sugar coat the second half defense, but the same old poor special teams play and drops by receivers played a solid part in the third quarter collapse.
Yep. Agreed 100%.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.
User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 25851
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:12 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:45 pm
Looks like the Beagles brought FG's to a TD party! Lol
Looks like UM brought a 1st half game to a 2nd half game. :thumb:
Bring it on, f###[#]. I deserve that one. :oops:
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.
Screamin_Eagle174
Posts: 1197
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:10 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:18 pm
Is that guys name Cooper Splendorio? Or Nick Kupp?
Naw, he's just an average EWU receiver, we obviously can't replace the WRs we lost.
quise2024
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Wasnt sure if i was rewatching my Falcons blow the Super Bowl again


Pathetic
User avatar
montanaguy
Posts: 703
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:14 pm

Couldn’t believe fans deserting the team at the end. All they needed was a TD , which they got, and a successful onside kick recovery, which sadly they didn’t. Stadium was at least half empty when they got the final TD. Some fans...
Screamin_Eagle174
Posts: 1197
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:10 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:18 pm
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:12 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:45 pm
Looks like the Beagles brought FG's to a TD party! Lol
Looks like UM brought a 1st half game to a 2nd half game. :thumb:
Bring it on, f***[*]. I deserve that one. :oops:
:lol: Kudos.

Annoying game all-around. I don't have a lot of faith in the new EWU coaching staff yet... way too many shit "launch and pray" whiffed tackles, overthrows by Gubrud and botched protections/coverages. Happy for the outcome, but JFC what a frustrating game for both sides. Hope both teams improve and see each other in the playoffs.
NendzoneGRIZ
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:35 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:16 pm
Stitt offense is scoring enough points to win games....his boy Semores defense is not getting it done. Any time we score 40+ we should win the game that's the bottom line. I don't care when the points come. We're scoring more than enough that we should be winning
* 10000
PDXGrizzly
eGriz Club
Posts: 2068
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:45 am

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:29 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:18 pm
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:12 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:45 pm
Looks like the Beagles brought FG's to a TD party! Lol
Looks like UM brought a 1st half game to a 2nd half game. :thumb:
Bring it on, f***[*]. I deserve that one. :oops:
:lol: Kudos.

Annoying game all-around. I don't have a lot of faith in the new EWU coaching staff yet... way too many shit "launch and pray" whiffed tackles, overthrows by Gubrud and botched protections/coverages. Happy for the outcome, but JFC what a frustrating game for both sides. Hope both teams improve and see each other in the playoffs.
I'd kill to have your "problems." At least your staff wasn't just owned by a first time head coach like ours.
EWURanger29
Posts: 2012
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:54 pm
Location: Depends

PDXGrizzly wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:32 pm
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:29 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:18 pm
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:12 pm


Looks like UM brought a 1st half game to a 2nd half game. :thumb:
Bring it on, f***[*]. I deserve that one. :oops:
:lol: Kudos.

Annoying game all-around. I don't have a lot of faith in the new EWU coaching staff yet... way too many shit "launch and pray" whiffed tackles, overthrows by Gubrud and botched protections/coverages. Happy for the outcome, but JFC what a frustrating game for both sides. Hope both teams improve and see each other in the playoffs.
I'd kill to have your "problems." At least your staff wasn't just owned by a first time head coach like ours.
Yeah, well we seem to be improving some, but had you seen our Texas Tech and NDSU games it'd give you a different perspective. Anyway, glad to get the win. Good luck the rest of the way.
Image
-2015 Walter Payton Award Winner-
-2011 Walter Payton Award Winner-
-2010 National Champs-
-2010 Buck Buchanan Award Winner-
-2008 Buck Buchanan Award Winner-
-2005 Walter Payton Award Winner-
-BSC Champs '92 '97' '04 '05 '10 '12 '13 '14 '16-
-FCS Play-off Appearances '85 '92 '97 '04 '05 '07 '09 '10 '12 '13 '14 '16-
footballdood
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:44 pm

Cotton-eyed Hoe wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:17 pm
GrizLA wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:13 pm
I am impressed that a school like Eastern Washington, with nothing to recommend it, has been able to match the University of Montana routinely. How do you develop such a winning record being a school that few heard of and even fewer would want to attend. They are doing something very right.
This is an excellent question, which will likely be buried in a game thread. Please re-formulate as a stand-alone thread...I'm curious too.
Either EWU is just under the radar and is solid all around, or just maybe UM isn't that special of a school?
User avatar
Catsrback76
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:51 pm
Location: O.K. Corral

Bear Axed wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:53 pm
Well I just joined the Bobby H. Club
Giving up 6 in one half then 41 in the next did it.
Come on! You have a new QB taking over in a big game, who puts up 41 on a ranked team? It looks bad tonight, but tomorrow you're going to feel better about the team and the coaches! Hang in there little brother there is much more to play for!
"I'm your hucklebearer!"
CAS4127
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:23 pm

If Stitt wants to run this high octane/make or break offense, he needs depth on defense. Way too much pressure on D with that sort of O. D had to be exhausted.

Can't believe you peeps can't see/understand this. Zero sustained drives and lots of quick/3 and out possessions. His O phulilosphy might, might work with D depth.
FormerEag
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:44 pm

footballdood wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:48 pm
Cotton-eyed Hoe wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:17 pm
GrizLA wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:13 pm
I am impressed that a school like Eastern Washington, with nothing to recommend it, has been able to match the University of Montana routinely. How do you develop such a winning record being a school that few heard of and even fewer would want to attend. They are doing something very right.
This is an excellent question, which will likely be buried in a game thread. Please re-formulate as a stand-alone thread...I'm curious too.
Either EWU is just under the radar and is solid all around, or just maybe UM isn't that special of a school?
I say this with zero irony, Eastern is a great place to go to school. I went to graduate school at UW, and I couldn't imagine going to college there for four years. Cheney/Spokane is an awesome community despite some egrizzers hypocritical meth jokes. The school is a good size, campus is nice and it's a a great value. And my degree has taken me to great places professionally and educationally. It's a great day to be an Eagle!
Image
User avatar
Boscoe
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:59 am
Location: Missoula

I looooove watching other FCS teams celebrating on our field! Our brand had really grown over the past 8 years!!!!
Post Reply