Montana (2-1)
44%
#11 EWU (1-2)
14%
Bobcats Suck
42%

Total votes: 144
FormerEag

Crazy game. Just wanted to come by and say I'm not looking forward to dealing with Jensen for 3 more years. He's gonna be real good. Also- FTG!
IdaGriz01

Plainsman wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:46 pm
grizd wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:45 pm
Plainsman wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:44 pm
One bright spot - we put up 41 on the no. 11 team in the country. Unfortunately skewed too much to one half.
That lost by 30 to NDSU.
Hey, I,m just trying like hell to find a bright spot to end the night on!!!!!
Just looked at the final stats: The Griz absolutely stuffed the run ... only gave up 68 yards rushing. But when the secondary can't cover -- pretty much anybody -- the opponent doesn't need the run. Almost 550 yards passing given up.
Bear Axed
eGriz Club

Well I just joined the Bobby H. Club
Giving up 6 in one half then 41 in the next did it.
Obviously I never played the game.... :dance:
Plainsman

I'd like to see what this team can do with another defensive coordinator. Tough as this loss was, I see a lot of young talent out there on the offensive side of the ball and Stitt brought most of these young guys in. His recruiting has been pretty good, it seems to me.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. John Kenneth Galbraith
grizfan07

FormerEag wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:51 pm
Crazy game. Just wanted to come by and say I'm not looking forward to dealing with Jensen for 3 more years. He's gonna be real good. Also- FTG!
Give the kid some credit, first start for the kid, plus his passes were nice, but the receivers could not haul them in.
Fahque

FormerEag wrote:Crazy game. Just wanted to come by and say I'm not looking forward to dealing with Jensen for 3 more years. He's gonna be real good. Also- FTG!
FTE

That might be the whiskey talking but I doubt it
hm.grwn.grizfan

AZGrizFan wrote:Love how the votes at the top of this thread are changing as the game progresses...
The top of this thread? Meaning first half? If so, there are two halves, and good coaches make adjustments.....good coaches coach discipline and finishing the job. Good coaches.........well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“We had a winning record last year and no one was happy about it. If they have a winning record down the road they throw a parade.” - Bobby Hauck -
jodcon
eGriz Club

FormerEag wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:51 pm
Solid post
AZDoc

UMcheer2000 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:20 pm
This is on Stitt.

All those stupid passes to the flat, playing conservative when we get into the RZ and Semore isn’t soing a good job teaching the defense how to actually tackle.
EWoo runs a lot of stupid passes to the flat...hence one guy with 37 catches. Oh, and Griz defense igets gassed...wonder who uses that idea?
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool-Bill Shakespeare
What a Fool Believes-The Doobie Brothers
bigtyme

I really think Stitt makes decisions on offense based on what the defense is able/not able to do. His worst move in three years was keeping Semore over Ty. My thought at this point is that it is going to be easier to replace a DC than it will be an entire offensive scheme, so it will be interesting to see if he is loyal to a fault, or if he will make a deal with Kent at the end of the year to stay on with a new DC. The sad thing is is there is talent on the defensive side of the ball. It is going to be an interesting rest of the year. Go Griz!
Fahque

Jensen doesn't lose another game this year. Bank on it
HelenaHandBasket

How the game progressed was crazy, but are people really surprised by the ultimate outcome?
Fahque

I hope...
BadlandsGrizFan

Offense hasn't looked as good as it did against NDSU since Sitts first game ever. I think he's gotta can his boy at D Coordinator or else it could be the death of Stitt.
Montana is no place for the idler, the penniless, the feeble in will or body!
HelenaHandBasket

bigtyme wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:02 pm
I really think Stitt makes decisions on offense based on what the defense is able/not able to do. His worst move in three years was keeping Semore over Ty. My thought at this point is that it is going to be easier to replace a DC than it will be an entire offensive scheme, so it will be interesting to see if he is loyal to a fault, or if he will make a deal with Kent at the end of the year to stay on with a new DC. The sad thing is is there is talent on the defensive side of the ball. It is going to be an interesting rest of the year. Go Griz!
There was too much friction with TG, the outcome if he stayed would have turned out poorly also.
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club

bhumble wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:50 pm
CDAGRIZ wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:43 pm
bhumble wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:41 pm
42-10 in the 2nd half. WOW
Edit. How did ISU do today?
Better than expected. UM shouldn't look past anyone. Including ISU.
Cool. I didn't even know who you guys played.
bhumble

HelenaHandBasket wrote:
How the game progressed was crazy, but are people really surprised by the ultimate outcome?
not me :thumb:
Last edited by bhumble on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Game Bob is a dip stick
Cotton-eyed Hoe

Hate to pile on, but Semore is an idiot. Listening to him in the pre-game interviews is reliably cringe-worthy. This is not the man that we want master-minding 2nd half adjustments.
jodcon
eGriz Club

HelenaHandBasket wrote:
I think the false-hope at halftime made it more brutal when it unraveled.
Copper Griz

HelenaHandBasket wrote:
Actually a great point and the answer is no. The pain comes from the score at half. If this would have been a dog fight from kickoff the end of game - fans would not be as pissed IMO