• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Message for those making the trip east...

A

Anonymous

I am looking forward to the game this year but I do not want any problems. Whenever a new team comes into Hempstead to play Hofstra, I make it a point to get a few things cleared up before the game. First off, you guys are playing HOFSTRA. We are not some 2nd rate team from the Big Sky or some backwards conference. Hofstra is among the elite. The best. A tradition that goes back a long way. 5 playoff appearances in 7 years, high national rankings, a habit of playing a killer regular season sked., etc. etc. The only team that is unbeaten against the griz as a true 1-aa team. The list goes on. With that resume comes respect. The kind of respect that can only be earned. Hofstra fans carry that respect whether we are at home or on the road and a few things need to be understood.

When you come to James Shuart Stadium, you are seeing one of the movers and shakers in all of 1-aa. and the fans (the ones that are there) are no exception. First, there will not be any foreign noise making devices used within close proximity to me during the game. I darn will dont pay money for season tickets for some guy squeezing an air horn in my ear. I will ask you one time to stop and no more. I dont mind clapping, yelling, cheering, or what not but this artificial noise is out. If you continue than I will have to resort to telling lame Jack jokes throughout the game.

I will never provoke but if you guys think that blowing a horn in my ear is gonna be tolerated you are in for a big surprise. Same things for the kids. I dont mind seeing kids at homecoming...but this is a major 1-aa event. You wouldnt bring your kids to the Super Bowl. If you are bringing them, keep them at the hotel or keep them quiet. No running to the concession stand every 3 minutes. If you cannot control the kids then you will be held responsible and I will take matters into my own hands. We dont put up with that crap in Hempstead.

If I have to go to the restroom, I dont wait in line, I go to the front. This is an area where I have encountered some problems before so I am just making it clear now. A Hofstra season ticket holder has earned the right to not wait in some bathroom line and we choose not to do it. If you have a problem with this you had better go to a port o john outside the stadium or to one where Hofstra fans are not in. If you decide to make an issue out of it than be prepared to face a physical solution. Ditto for concessions. We go to the front of the line. Not out of spite or to try and show you up. It is all about showing respect folks. After we beat you two years ago, we acted like pros. No jumping around etc etc. We expect a good game and sometimes the ball will take funny bounces. If you do happen to win, good for you..No celebrating like you just won the National Championship...If you happen to lose, no bellyachin about the coach, OC, DC, or the sun, moon, and stars.

Again, if you have a problem with this I advise you to stay in Montana. I am very up front and honest when I tell you that it aint nothing for me to up and throw peanut shells at you or to "accidentally" to spill a soda down your back. Done it several times and I'll do it again if pushed. I will never provoke, though. It is you that determines my actions. If you understand where Hofstra folks are coming from and what is expected then we will have a great time and no problems will ever arise. Please understand that I am NOT trying to cause problems as that is the last thing on my agenda. It is a tradition and respect that Hofstra has and you need to realize this. We can laugh and have a good time pre and post game but dont pull any crap once the game starts. Looking forward to meeting the few posters on this board making the trip.

"With apologies to Dr. Cool"

Can you believe that post???? This guy must really think he is a real badass. Although I'm not going to the game, I will say this, I don't allow anybody to cut in front of me at the piss lines. I really don't give a rats ass about being a season tix holder it's just common courtesy to allow those there before you to go first. And as far as pouring a cold pop down my shirt or throwing peanut shells at me I will say this, do that and there WILL be a physical confrontation.
As far as Hofstra being one of the elite, sure they are, but until they at least get to the NC they are still an also ran!! And no they won't beat the Griz on the 29th!!

Can you believe that post???? This guy must really think he is a real badass. Although I'm not going to the game, I will say this, I don't allow anybody to cut in front of me at the piss lines. I really don't give a rats ass about being a season tix holder it's just common courtesy to allow those there before you to go first. And as far as pouring a cold pop down my shirt or throwing peanut shells at me I will say this, do that and there WILL be a physical confrontation.
As far as Hofstra being one of the elite, sure they are, but until they at least get to the NC they are still an also ran!! And no they won't beat the Griz on the 29th!!

I just want to make a few things clear. I will be bringing TWO, count em, not one, but TWO air horns. Simple fact is I like one for each half. My nieces and nephews, bless all 23 of their hearts, are excited and cant wait to get there. 15 of them bein boys, they sure can slug the soda. I imagine they'll be running to the concessions every 2 minutes or so. As for the restrooms, well, maybe everybody can just wait til after the game. These kids can clog the front of any line like you could never comprehend. When the Griz win, a proper thrashing of all amenities and ear drums is in order. Damn, we love to celebrate!!!!!!!!!

hey hammer - one of the first rules of message board ettiquitte is never ever double post..if you need instructions, please go to the south florida bulls board...they will teach you how

For somebody that says that he is not trying to cause a problem, he is doing a good job of causing problems. Also, for someone that claims to not trying to provoke anything, he has already provoked the anger of 2 griz fans. Way to go. He also seems to know all about message board ettiquette, but certainly hasn't handled the potty and concession stand ettiquette. :eek:

hey tg ---

you proved my point...I only use the word potty around my 3 year old...this is what I mean...you bring kids to the game...you are more concerned about bathroom and soda runs...while you might enjoy that more than the actual football game...I would rather leave them home with the old lady...hell thats what I'm paying her for

What point I proved is that you have no life, your old lady may have money but no life, your kids have no life because a father who won't take them to a football game so that they can see what a great sport it is and develop that father-son relationship. In the meantime, I and a whole bunch of young and old are enjoying the game of football, cheering the best 1AA team on to victory. It is absolutely the best football environment in 1AA here in Missoula. So, instead of leaving the kids with the old lady, take them out to watch a football game. They will love you even more for it. The game will be more enjoyable than ever. :wink:

I for one would never dream of going to a game without my son, he would be heartbroken and it would be very selfish of me. My wife loves to go also when her work schedule allows, and it is very much a family affair, as so it should be. I'm know this fellow is not indicative of all Hofstra fans, I visited with a few in Missoula in 2000 and they seemed to be a classy bunch. This guy is an obvious blowhard with no life, and I'm sure most TRUE Hofstra fans would be embarrased by his posts. But then you know how the saying goes, One bad apple..........

For those Griz fans who are making the trip to see UM play Hofstra, here are two things for your "to do" list.

#1 Be sure to find seat 3R20, and introduce yourself to the biggest Hofstra fan on the planet.

#2 Get ready to take back everything bad about the guy you've ever thought or said.

Once you get to know the guy, you'll have met a master of the art of "Internet Deception"

Sorry 3R20 if I've blown your cover.

Oh, BTW Griz fans, there is one part about his proclamation which is 100% accurate. Under no circumstances, do you want him to resort to lame Jack jokes. I know Jack too, and that alone could ruin the whole trip for you.

Also, considering the usual attendance at Hofstra games, I doubt restroom lines are an issue (sorry again, 3R20 :wink: )

Latest posts

Back