• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Two a Days...

GoodGodGriz

DONOR
Hey,
Lets start with a fresh posting here....

The Griz have started two a days (lucky for them the weather is cool and crisp) and there has been no media coverage regarding the status of Jelani Harris.

Is he at camp? Whats the status?

I can not WAIT for Aug. 29 to be here!

UP WITH MONTANA BOYS!

Yeah...Yesterday the Missoulian online reported that he is in camp and will compete for the starting job with Gobber and Waller.

We must all realize that he has never played a down in college football. He was only on the Squad practice team at UW.

Realizing this, I wonder if he will get any playing time here. I would like to think that our first teamers are better than UW's squad team.

Then again, I understand that UW specializes in the RB position. They do have some of the best RBs in the country. I also heard that Jelani was going to make the team last year before he was injured. I also heard that he rushed for like 60-some yards in the UW spring scrimmage. Now you would think that was against the first team defense...and with the second or third team O-line blocking for him.

At any rate....he is big, strong and fast....and a senior. It will at least help with depth....but we will see how it all turns out. I hope he turns out to be a stud! But we should not expect him to be the savoir of the offense before we even see him run the ball. :wink:

I have said this before..... but I would not be surprised if the Griz have some woes on Offense to start the season. But I do think that they will get it figured out by the second or third game of the year......They will get stronger as the year goes on.

Oh....and Pitcher and Colter will be out for the first and maybe second game.....could be a little rough to start the season.....but they will get stronger as the year goes on.

You griz fans should forget about this guy. He did not play a down with his former Div I school. He hasn't seen any real action since high school, and his stats as a footballer pale to his abilities as a trackman. Add to that , he is very injury prone. I hope we did not waste a scholarship on this one. I for one do not see him remotely as a factor this year. I've been wrong before, but I don't think so this time. But, I hope that I am.

Back