• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Schedules (Tony Moss)

MontanaRaised

Tony Moss' newest article talks about the schedules in 1-AA. Here's the link:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/3rdandlong.htm

When they came out with the Griz schedule, a lot of people voiced their concern that maybe the schedule was a little too tough. Tony picks UM as the 13th toughest. Northern Arizona is 7th. Not that these picks are anything other than his opinion, but I would say he knows more about 1-AA than most. The Florida A&M schedule is Brutal (with a capital B).

When you consider that 7 of the 11 Griz games are at home, the schedule isn't all that bad, IMHO.

The thing that struck me funny is two of our oponents showed up in the weakest schedule Maine and Sam Houston. This goes to show you RPI strenght of schedule is a bunch of baloney.

I think Tony should have put the Georgia Southern/ UGA matchup in the "At least the check will clear category". UGA is a top 3 team and the game could get out of hand rather quickly!

jagur1 said:
The thing that struck me funny is two of our oponents showed up in the weakest schedule Maine and Sam Houston. This goes to show you RPI strenght of schedule is a bunch of baloney.

Maine is actually #4 in the toughest schedule.

Hofstra not Maine. Can't you tell the differance between what I'm saying and what I trying to say? My wife can. :D

Back