• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Advice for father-in-law's Missoula trip

GrizGuy

Hi, All!

I know this is a bit off-topic, so I won't blame the moderator for dumping this post.. but..

My father in law is going to visit Missoula in mid-October. Unfortunately it's the weekend that UM is on the road.. And I'd love to recommend the best places to stay and eat and visit while he's there. Just to put the best face on Missoula possible.

He's gonna stay at the Doubletree and I've recommended he eat at Shadowskeep, Zimorino's, The Depot, and the Ironhorse..

I'd love to hear recommendations on the best fine dining and entertainment since it's been a couple of years since I had the good fortune of being in Missoula.

Thanks!

you can e-mail if you like: [email protected]

I remembered this thread

http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/viewtopic.php?t=4100&highlight=

Go to Shadow's Keep for pre-dinner drinks, hopefully out on the deck.

For dinner: The Depot for steaks and fish (good food but loud), Guy's Steakhouse in Lolo for good beef and a little western flair, Curley's for good food and relaxing dining, Johnny Carino's for pretty good Italian food.

Also.. try Carlie B's on Higgins for lunch. Great gumbo, jambalaya, fried oyster poor boys, plus a crowd you won't see anywhere else! Or The Mo Club for old-style hamburgers (with pepper jack cheese) and milkshakes.

If your father really wants to blow some $$ have him eat at Finn & Porter in the Doubletree. Comfortable but amazingly overpriced. Food pretty good though but not great.

Those are my suggestions. Enjoy :D

Don't order anything at Zim's but pizza. I tried it twice, and was let down both times. Pizza is great, everything else tastes like it is out of a can. I could be wrong, but I'm not spending more of my money to be disappointed again.
If his cholesterol levels can handle it, I would recommend Nap's, simply as it is the burger place.
Personally, I would recommend Roudy's cabin. MacKenzie River pizza, great atmosphere, although I would imagine it gets packed on game days.
Hike the M. Everyone does it. The farmer's market might still be going in mid October, which is a Missoula experience. Lots of great concerts downtown on a weekend, although that isn't always Missoula's best face....

Mackenzie River Pizza Company is a great place to watch the game and hang out with local Missoulians. They've got a ton of great food and they'll put anything on a pizza. It's not to expensive either.

Anything on a Pizza? roasted bobcat? roasted eagle? salted hornets? lemon & lime bengal? cajun lumberjack (yuck)?

Back