• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Another Griz opts for Carroll

I'm starting to call Carroll the University of Montana-East. I'm thinking a 3rd NAIA championship is also in the works.

We haven't lost anybody that would make a difference. They are kids that weren't going to play much. Have we freed up some more scholarship money?

MontanaRaised said:
Prediction: If Bobby doesn't have a good year, Van Diest will be the next head coach of the Grizzlies.
Not sure of the truth to it, but supposedly he's had offers from other schools and won't leave Helena.

ronbo said:
We haven't lost anybody that would make a difference. They are kids that weren't going to play much. Have we freed up some more scholarship money?

Yuck, this tea tastes bitter... Ronbo, can you pass me the sugar? Oops, I guess you used it all up... :wink:

poorgriz said:
MontanaRaised said:
Prediction: If Bobby doesn't have a good year, Van Diest will be the next head coach of the Grizzlies.
Not sure of the truth to it, but supposedly he's had offers from other schools and won't leave Helena.

I thought there was a post long ago (just after Joe left) that said Van Diest wouldn't take the Griz job if offered because he was still bitter about the way he and Joe were let go in the Donovan era.

Kramer weeded out a lot of average performers when he first came to cat land. It happens to many programs and does free up scollie money. I still hate to see kids leave, especially MT kids.

Hate to see a kid like this go but if he's going then CC is a good spot. People in Helena think very highly of Molloy (terrific leader and competitor at Helena High) and he comes from a great Griz family.

My friends tell me that Van Deist is in no hurry to leave Carroll although speculation is frequently heard about him when either UM or MSU opens up. The guy seems squared away and happy where he is from what everyone says.....not like Kennedy.

Looks like Kyler Noel is going to stick it out with UM. Someone posted something about U of M - East and winning another title with Griz guys. The Saints are doing just fine without the UM guys as evidenced by the last two titles. I don't see where UM has to be glomming on to the credit for CC's success. What do they have Molloy, Peterson and Selle? Anyone else? Latrielle. Pretty insignificant input even if you did look at that way.
Hartman swung by CC for a tryout --- with the hoop team. He's been offered by UGF and Rocky for hoops.

I guess he didn't make plays, but did he get a chance to make plays. He was 0-for-0 in the play-making department.
Most likely Molloy -- aside from his brother being there -- was one of many Montana kids impressed by the UM football program and accepted a partial offer.
It's a dangerous combination. UM is given pats on the back for getting Montana kids like S. Molloy to come in and the Montana kids are flattered with the offers. A few of them find spots, mostly role players, while the rest either enjoy the ride (chicks, parties, status, education (?)) or wonder what could've been.
For every S. Molloy there's a TJ Oelkers, but is UM coming out ahead in the long run?

Yep.. Seamus was there on a full ride. Although he is a good athlete, he certainly didn't deserve a full ride over the other non or partial scholie athletes. I always felt his scholie was "political". But he was given a chance to prove himself and I believe that this move will be a great one, for Seamus, the Griz and for CC. I only wish him the best.

I'm not sure what a political sholarship is Ponezone but I think your meaning is plain and I disagree emphatically. This kid was a GREAT
HS player; clearly one of the very best in his AA class.

As I read what's happened, he could've stayed on his Griz scholarship but chose to leave. Why make that an occasion to cheapen the status of an outstanding kid when you just can't have any basis for your "political" assertion.

Is nobody spared insults here? 8th out of 8; who says? Didn't make plays? Who says? When a kid leaves the wrong way (Hartman) we jump his ass. When a kid leaves the right way (Molloy) we jump his ass.

Cudos to Malloy for handling everything with class. You can't fault the kid for wanting to play and I think he will do well at Carroll. Good Luck! :D

Whoa, whoa, whoa... let's not get too sensitive. I'm not jumping all over Malloy's azz. Gosh... it was pretty well known among many that Seamus getting a FULL RIDE was due to political reasons rather than athletic ones. I don't want to discount him, but you could easily compare him to other Montana high school qb's that walked on and have mostly earned atleast partial scholies (T. Thomas for one). Seamus was a fine athlete and will definately excell at Carroll. This isn't meant as a slam to him.

Listen, I think Seamus got a fair shake and I believe his decision was the best for him, the Griz and for Carroll. But don't act like the U just lost the best linebacker on the team..... I didn't know he was 8 out of 8, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I'd like to give serious kudos to Seamus for handling his decision with such class. (contrary to Hartman's foolishness....) I really don't want to sound like I'm harsh with Seamus... I really believe he is a great athlete and a really class kid... and he should shine at Carroll. Good luck to him.

I was not trying to discredit Seamus in the least bit. He is a good athlete but he just wasn't moving up on the depth chart.

Back