• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What's your vote?

I think everyone knows what the game of the year is. I can't believe you had to ask.

Ralph, contrary to fiji's opinion, I think there is a quite a number of interesting I-AA games this season. I found the voting to be difficult, because every week there is number of important games. It will be interesting to see how your voting turns out. I have do MSU/Montana as the game of the year. No matter how the season turns out there will be a lot riding on that game!

twentythreeOh4 said:
Ralph, contrary to fiji's opinion, I think there is a quite a number of interesting I-AA games this season. I found the voting to be difficult, because every week there is number of important games. It will be interesting to see how your voting turns out. I have do MSU/Montana as the game of the year. No matter how the season turns out there will be a lot riding on that game!
Omigawd yes it is a tough vote. I am still pondering the ballot list. Every week has a bunch of top games for a variety of reasons. MSU/Montana as the game of the year is a good choice, but is it TV game of the week (12)? Check some of these bracketbusters that week:
Colgate @ Fordham
Florida A&M vs. Bethune-Cookman
Nicholls State @ McNeese State
Northern Iowa at Northern Arizona
Northwestern State @ Stephen F. Austin
South Carolina State @ North Carolina A&T
Southeast Missouri @ Jacksonville State
Villanova @ Delaware ...

You don't have to agonize at all..
You just go through and pick every game Montana is in.. The more Montana votes, the more likely we'll see Montana on the tube.
I know most games are televised anyway, but I want 'em ALL!

And no offense to my broadcast brethren in Missoula, but from what I saw last season, the national cast has FAR better production value than when it's done by the local stations. I mean, where the hell do they get the cameras they use? And have you HEARD of a thing called "white balancing" the camera? They all have different colors.. Then there's the issue of cherry-picking the game off the satellite.. Down here in the southern part of the country, it's hard to pick up those birds floating above the higher latitudes..

So, yes, I'm being self-serving, but I'm voting for EVERY Montana game listed in hopes I can get some of them on cable instead of the sat.

It shouldn't be any more difficult to pick up the GRIZ games in the south than in the north as ALL the satellites are parked in orbit high above the equator. It would be physically impossible to geosynchronize a satellite at any other latitude. Anyone with experience should be able to locate the satellite carrying the game.

Back