• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

To renew or not to renew?

GeauxGriz

Holy chunk of change Batman. It looks like the Joker sent out the renewal letters for next seasons football season! Yeah....I knew that it was going to be $180 per seat......but when looking at 4 seats at that price, ouch. And then throw on trips to Ogden, Portland, and EWU......wow!

This got me wondering......can the economy of MT support these kinds of price hikes? Though I think I already know the answer most will come with, How many people will not renew their season tickets this year?

spent all that ticket money drinking VP, wine and cider, 'till you could hardly think, sonny?

don't they offer a family package or anything like that?

Sure, they offer a family package >>> If you decide your family can't afford the tickets, there are a lot of other families standing in line waiting for you to give yours up. 8)

I'm still waiting to hear where the Hartman's tickets are (were) located.

GrizBear said:
don't they offer a family package or anything like that?

Sure, they offer a family package >>> If you decide your family can't afford the tickets, there are a lot of other families standing in line waiting for you to give yours up. 8)

I'm still waiting to hear where the Hartman's tickets are (were) located.

I'm not so sure that is true anymore, I am thinking of getting rid of two to four tickets myself. If we don't have a great season I know for positive peple will be giving up some of their tickets. :cry:

But then again how much do you spend for a set of golf clubs and a country club membership?

A couple of years back I bought a season ticket to a Big 12 University for about $450 for eight home games, which included Nebraska, Texas, Kansas State and Oklahoma. I am sure the price has gone way up because they were expanding the stadium at the time and carping on how much more cheaply their season tickets were priced compared to the rest of the conference. They were talking about putting the best seats in the house on a bid system, but I never went back the next season to find out what they were going for.

Those prices look pretty good from here, and if you are looking into joining division 1-a ... get ready to ante up.

I'm keeping my three in the NEZ no matter what!!! And that is coming from a carpenter who is far from being independently wealthy. Fact is it is the highlight of our year, we wait all year for Griz football season! Although I'm not overly happy with the price increase, I knew it was coming. I would rather pay the increased prices than sit home and watch on tv.

I agree with Victor G.

Hey factor in inflation too. Considering that gas is almost $2 a gallon now, what would you rather have, 90 gallons of gas, or being able to attend seven Griz home football games on beautiful Fall afternoons in Missoula? I know my answer.

But then again how much do you spend for a set of golf clubs and a country club membership?

Country Club? The only country club I will see is me in the country holding a club :D

I did the same back take when I got my renewal letter. But when you think about it, there is seven games this year not six, and one is the Cats. In the past the Idaho and Cat tickets were always more. The average price is $25 and some change, about what Cat tickets were in the past. It's a lot of jack no doubt but it is one of the best atmospheres and settings for football in the country. I'm keeping my four seats and I don't even live there. I've had season tickeys for several years and have never been stuck with them. Even from 2000 miles away. I have family and/or friends that want them. I wish the MGSA dues didn't stack up on top of it all at the same time. I just hope we put another good team on the field then everyone will forget what the tickets cost. I'll be out for the Cat game when the streak starts again. Go Griz! :-?

Just for reference, Cougs season tickets run $160 for five games, but everyone knows you would have to get to Pullman to use them.
Griz tickets are still a bargain. I spend $25 on a dinner for two, so why not spend twice as much on a Griz game for two.

With gas at $2/gallon it will be a pretty spendy trip for most people. I have a 3 hour drive to get to Missoula and it costs me $40 to fill the tank now. I am hoping gas will drop as we get closer to the election. If the overall cost of the trip becomes too high I will have to give up a game or two.

GeauxGriz said:
Holy chunk of change Batman. It looks like the Joker sent out the renewal letters for next seasons football season! Yeah....I knew that it was going to be $180 per seat......but when looking at 4 seats at that price, ouch. And then throw on trips to Ogden, Portland, and EWU......wow!

I hear ya Geaux, except EWU and PSU will probably be the cheaper trips for my family. I figure the roundtrip from Washington will run about $100 in gas a weekend. I guess I should learn to drive a lil' slower or quit packing the barbeque pit and tailgating gear.....on second thought that wouldn't be much fun.

NOT RENEW? NOT RENEW?? :roll:

Never in my wildest dreams would I NOT renew.

Like everyone else... there is NOTHING like game day on a beautiful Fall morning in Missoula.

For the first time since we have had the season tickets, this will be year 10, my wife and I actually discussed not renewing due to a number of reasons. First off, I think that our season tickets in the NEZ started out at about $70 or $80 per seat so they have actually more than doubled. Secondly, we also live about 2.5 to 3 hours from Missoula and with the gas prices and such, the costs are getting a little out of reach for the average fan. The third reason is this whole deficit issue and how ticked off it has made us. I too see this as a Dennison problem and thought that Hogan had done a great job. After a fairly short discussion however, we again decided to renew and even though it is the biggest show in Montana, rising costs in the future may make it the "used to be the biggest show in Montana". I have heard of some talk from others in the area of giving up there season tickets or at least not getting as many as they used to. I know this will open up some seats for others who have been waiting but I think that it will run out over time. It really is too bad that this debacle has to hurt the fans as much as it has.

I know the MT economy isn't great.
Still.. I think they could double the price of tickets before it would be questionable as a bargain.
If I lived in Missoula, I'd be frothing at the mouth, eager to snap up seats dumped by people unwilling to pay the price...

Oh, and by the way.. Who's spending $25 on dinner for two? Where are you taking your wife, dude? Hoagieville? $25 barely buys one person an entree and a drink at better restaurants last time I was in Missoula.
Step up, dude, your wife deserves linen table cloths and clean silverware! :wink:

Go Griz!

Back