• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

SH updated two deep

Looking forward to the sept 18th game should be a good one. How will the temp be in Sept. I see that the game is at 6pm so it should be pleasant not too hot I hope we northerners burn easily.
Looks like you have a tall QB... 2 short and 2 tall receivers and a big line. Should be a great game.
EXBearkat...when did you play?

Linebackers are pretty heavy: (positive for SHSU)

LB 52 Marcus Mikulec 6-2 245 Jr-2L Canton
30 Ayo Akindona 6-2 210 Fr-RS Missouri City
LB 46 Jerod Brown 6-2 248 So-1L Whitehouse
48 Michael Saumell-Baston 6-0 245 Sr-3L Conroe

Bronco:

The best WR is Mathenia. He sat out last year due to violating team rules, but returns after being 1st team All-Southland in 2002. Don't let the start time fool you, as the temp will be in the 90's at kick-off. :mad: Also, I played at SH from '89-'92.

FootballGuru:

Believe it or not, but Mikulec runs a 4.55 in the 40. The Coaches thought that after he put on about 15lbs this Spring that he would definitely be slower. Well, Pro-timing Day was last week, and to everyones surprise, he actually improved his time from last year.

How many of those Number 1's were starters last year ExBearKat? I see Justin moved right in. I'm not seeing all your transfers. Didn't you get 6?

Should be a tough game for the Griz. Where do you think you'll finish in the Southland this year? Sounds like SFA and Northwestern State are going to be tough and we all know McNeese is rarely down. You guys will experience the parity we had in 2003 in the Sky.

That linebacker could play some RB with that kind of speed.

ronbo:

We return 18 starters from last season. With all that experience returning, and the addition of QB Dustin Long, we should be a much improved team.

The only transfers that have made a significant impact so far are the two QB's, Long and Allen. Long transferred from Texas A&M, and Allen Oklahoma.

On paper we appear to have as much talent as anyone in the SLC. However, as you know, on paper don't mean jack. If we can come together as a team like I think we can, then we should contend. If we play like a bunch of individuals (similar to last season), then we will be a middle to bottom of the pack type team.

Overall, I like SFA this year. They are similar to what Montana State is to you guys, and as much as it pains me to admit, they appear to be the team to beat. We must travel to play them, but it is one of those "throw everything out the window" type games....it's always close.

Mikulec and Donelson are our two best athletes on defense. You saw both last year, with Donelson supplying one of the few bright spots that day...the INT return for a TD in the 1st half. Mikulec is a special talent, but he can't do it alone.

Some cat fans have made fun of SH as being a weak team on our schedule, but I believe they are going to be a huge challenge. Good potential playoff team. This should be a very exciting year for the Griz with several very competitive teams. At least we scheduled a weak team prior to playoffs. Go Griz.

What about the deamons of NW LA State? I will bet that they will be the highest ranked SLC team to start the year.....and then we will see how they do from there....but they are loaded this year.

NativeGriz said:
Some cat fans have made fun of SH as being a weak team on our schedule, but I believe they are going to be a huge challenge. Good potential playoff team. This should be a very exciting year for the Griz with several very competitive teams. At least we scheduled a weak team prior to playoffs. Go Griz.

A weak team prior to the playoffs eh? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by this years Bobcat team. I can't wait for season to start.

NativeGriz said:

Who called them weak, out of curiosity...

Yes, Wildrat, I agree with you! We will be pleasantly surprised.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by this years Bobcat team. I can't wait for season to start.

Now go back to the Littterbox. We're trying to talk with some real Kats!! I suspect we're in for a real struggle with the BearKats. They have the troops to be a mighty force.

Grizzle said:
ExBC, thanks for your posts. It nice to have a knowledgeable poster who's willing to come on to provide info, have some give and take, and not talk smack (or get forced into smack by one of our posters). As you probably know, SHS's team and fans have considerable respect in Montana, due largely to your terrific playoff team of a few years ago and your terrific fans who have come to Missoula. What was your position?
Well, after attending both the 2001 playoff game and 2003 regular season game, I have gained a tremendous amount of respect for Montana, it's program, and especially the fans. Both times, with the exception of the outcome of the games, we had an absolutely wonderful time in Missoula. Here's to hoping that we can live up to the standard that you guys have set this Fall in Huntsville.

Oh, and I played SS at SH, but didn't see much playing time until I was a Sr. So, basically, I would call myself a career special teams player, :D .

Back