• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Monte As The #1 Mascot...

Grizo406

DONOR
...to me there really isn't any other choice, although some of the other one's are pretty good, Monte's star seems to be the brightest.

I don't have the link on where you go to vote, but I think it's posted on the University's home page.

I just came from the ESPN I-AA football message board, specifically Montana State, and read a post that said Monte is a subpar mascot. I guess the Bobcats will see how subpar he is Nov 23rd, but on that date, Monte will be the least of their worries.

Double zero, you got my vote. GO GRIZ!

the site to vote can be found on eGriz.com's homepage at http://www.egriz.com

if you vote for him, he will win!!

Go Griz!! (and Monte)

If you have several users on the same (Windows) computer, you can all vote using the following instructions:

1. Open the folder "C:/windows/cookies"
2. Find the file "www.capitalonebowl" and delete it.
3. Now the next person using the computer can vote.
4. Repeat the process for the next person that wants to vote.

Hint: Sort files in C:/windows/cookies by date and www.capitalonebowl will be near the top.

The following was clipped from the capital one mascot site. I don't know how capital one can screen for multiple users on one computer or if when they check the voting records they will just throw out all the duplicates from the same computer.

GoodGodGriz, you are a computer dude, do you have any light to shed on this subject? Is there software out there that can allow capital one to screen multiple votes from one computer? Or is capital one just relying on matching IP addresses and cookies?

How the National Mascot of the Year Will Be Selected

Voting
Voting for the Capital One National Mascot of the Year will be conducted through an online poll hosted at www.capitalonebowl.com. Everyone is eligible to vote. Each person is allowed to cast only one (1) vote during the 2002 competition. In cases of multiple votes, fraud, or abuse, Capital One reserves the right to eliminate all votes cast. Eligible votes are those received between 8:30 a.m. October 10, 2002 and 5:00 p.m. December 20, 2002. Votes received after 5:00 p.m. Dec.20, 2002 will not be counted. Capital One reserves the right to determine an eligible vote. Decisions of Capital One are final.

I was wondering about that too cuz at work I, of course, told everyone to vote and since some do not have internet at their desks they have to use a central internet machine. They delete cookies when they leave (policy) and the next person uses it. Technically it is one computer but several users!

Yeah, they can screen for IP addresses and I'm sure that they are. There really isn't anything else that would uniquely identify the computer without grabbing illegal stuff off your computer without your knowledge.

If you're on a network at work connected to the net and use the same computer, even if you delete cookies, you're most likely broadcasting the same IP address everytime. So, they'll probably delete out the duplicate IP addresses.

On a dial up however, you're assigned a different IP address everytime you hang up / dial back up.
However, it can even capture stuff like your computer name... In windows networking you can set a computer name when you configure the network. Most people put in their last name... not sure if they could do anything with that since there are lots of smiths and joneses that would vote for the same mascot.

They have to know that people will try and load up like that and just weed out duplicates.. However, the voting seems to be 'real time' so their program probably compensates for that...

Geek Speak I know... but unless you're on dialup ... your vote probably only counts once no matter how many times you 'toss' your cookies... hehe...

Wow--our very own computer ner......

Urr, I mean

Thanks for the great info GoodGod!!

You the MAN!!

pcangry.gif

Back