• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber State

Shakermaker

Looking forward to this weekends game. Weber could be a tough one though. They're the type of team that could either get beat by 2 TDs or pull the upset. I'm not talking about against just us either. They're one of those Big Sky teams that are dangerouse and could put a game together and beat PSU, NAU, and God forbid, the Griz :-? .

Is that a bet I would make down in Vegas? No, but at the same time I wouldn't be looking for a Grizzly blowout of Weber either. I'll give the Griz a TD and a field goal for a win over Weber.

Ah, to hell with it! If our O puts up a game like they did against Idaho, and our D plays like they have been in the past, then look for an 17 point Grizzly WIN 8) 8) 8) 8) !!!

Maybe I am not giving Weber the respect they deserve but if our offense plays like it did in the second half of the Idaho game and the defense plays like it has all season we better win by 30!!!

cadwiz30 said:
Maybe I am not giving Weber the respect they deserve but if our offense plays like it did in the second half of the Idaho game and the defense plays like it has all season we better win by 30!!!

Oh, don't get me wrong :roll: , the Griz could well have a blow out game if the above described happens.

My reasoning is based upon a few things:

1. I don't like to get overly confident... and I sure hope the Grizzlies don't get that way. Look what happened with all the Idaho Vandal confident smack talk that happened. Look where it got them. Now they, the fans, and the all the other so called experts who picked against us look like tossers.

2. It's the Grizzlies. We're number one and with that comes the disadvantage of us, the good guys, having everything to lose, and Weber having nothing to lose. They're not expected to win. Even if they have a B+ program this year (I'm not sure at this point and time where they rate, but they played NAU tough).

3. Since we're number one, every team wants to be the ones to knock us off the pedistal we're on right now. Hell, even if it's the last game of the season and a team has no wins, they still want to beat the Griz. I'd almost be willing to bet the Cats would go for one more losing season if they could just beat the Grizzlies this year as a trade.

4. I don't want to call a blowout because the last strong offensive effort prior to Idaho was in August against Hoffstra. I doubt the Idaho game was a fluke, but give me two games of good O and D on the same day back to back, and I'll give you a blowout prediction against our next foe.

Do I believe the Griz O is back on the right track? Hell yes :D , I do. I think we have some recievers out there that proved to everyone that they indeed can catch a tough catch. We also have a QB that showed everyone that he can throw a great throw under pressure and under pretty good coverage. And if all else fails, the Man has a set of wheels on him :wink: .

Latest posts

Back