• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz @ NDSU

I think a big question is whether or not Luepke (sp) plays or not. He’s a beast for sure and is dealing with a shoulder injury.

nzone said:
I think a big question is whether or not Luepke (sp) plays or not. He’s a beast for sure and is dealing with a shoulder injury.

Still sounds like he's out, from entz on the ndsu presser

Hurdlingriz said:
nzone said:

Still sounds like he's out, from entz on the ndsu presser
Don't read too much into that, as the late great Vin Scully once said "Pedro Guerrero is out of the line up tonight, he's listed as day-to-day.....but then aren't we all."

So how did SDSU beat these guys?
Anyone that knows anything about football that has watched that game?

behappp said:

I’ve watched the game, but I clearly never played it, so I’m evidently wholly unqualified to meet your first requirement.

Gotta be able to move some against their D, defensive scores or st scores. If we can get 2-3 scores we would have a shot. Their offense doesn't look scary

nzone said:

There are 4 other running backs on the team that have a higher average yards per carry (with at least 30 carries) than Luepke. Not saying he's not a vital player for them, but they seem to do just fine with others toting the rock. They all average over 6 yards per carry. That's flat unbelievable.

Griz2k said:
nzone said:

There are 4 other running backs on the team that have a higher average yards per carry (with at least 30 carries) than Luepke. Not saying he's not a vital player for them, but they seem to do just fine with others toting the rock. They all average over 6 yards per carry. That's flat unbelievable.

Interestingly, while THEY average 6.0 YPC, their opponents average 4.1 YPC. Can’t recall the last time a Bizen defense gave up those kind of rushing totals…

AZGrizFan said:
Griz2k said:

Interestingly, while THEY average 6.0 YPC, their opponents average 4.1 YPC. Can’t recall the last time a Bizen defense gave up those kind of rushing totals…

Wouldn't it be great to have a "down year" like that again?

Griz2k said:
AZGrizFan said:

We will. Once every program that is any good leaves the FCS and just UM, MSU, and Northern Colorado are left, we will have those kinds of years.

CDAGRIZ said:
Griz2k said:

We will. Once every program that is any good leaves the FCS and just UM, MSU, and Northern Colorado are left, we will have those kinds of years.

And we're sure to still have an unbalanced schedule and have to "share" a title.

Griz2k said:
CDAGRIZ said:

And we're sure to still have an unbalanced schedule and have to "share" a title.

Exactly. MSU will get to play NoCo seven times per year, and we'll only get to play them five.

Was just on the Bisonville forum. They seem to think that this will be a 4 quarter slugfest. They say that states game against our d was eye opening, but they expect the Griz to not quit and keep coming after them. Lots of respect (which I didn’t expect based on the past).

PDXGrizzly said:
Was just on the Bisonville forum. They seem to think that this will be a 4 quarter slugfest. They say that states game against our d was eye opening, but they expect the Griz to not quit and keep coming after them. Lots of respect (which I didn’t expect based on the past).

Simple, They have no respect for the cancel and run camp east of the divide.

CDAGRIZ said:
Griz2k said:

Even if that happens Hauck still won't win it all.

EverettGriz said:
behappp said:

I’ve watched the game, but I clearly never played it, so I’m evidently wholly unqualified to meet your first requirement.

Guess I'll read BW's writeup ;)

kemajic said:
grizfromhel said:
If they do, I hope they find some different announcers.
Missing the first 9 minutes of the game because of the game overlap was special, too. Would have been so much better to see the SEMO scoop & score live.

Just the highlights, but you can see it here.

So far this is the only person I've found who's doing the 10-15 minute highlights for the playoffs.

https://youtu.be/gFmNUFEMuto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51I-puCryjY&t=920s
Here are the highlights from the NDSU vs SDSU game. One thing I wanna point out is for the NDSU offense, you're gonna hear the names DJ Hart and Dominic Gonnella a bunch, those are the 2 guys that entered the portal so we won't have to worry about them. Same with Luepke as it sounds like he's not gonna go on Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OQQut9wMxw
I'm also including the highlights of the Arizona game so you can see what UA did to beat them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auMpUUum1Qc
And here's the highlights from their regular season finale against UND. I'm including this because they altered their offense/game plan a little bit with Luepke out. They relied a lot more on the QB run game with Cam Miller, mainly in red zone situations though. Miller had 5 rushing TD's in this game, and I'm sure they'll try to do the same thing to us with no Luepke out there. Hart and Gonnella also made a bunch of big plays in this one as well, just go ahead and disregard those though.

Back