• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is this the end of Touchdown Tommy?

grizaremoregooder said:
ABQCat said:
I'm surprised I have to remind you guys of this. Some short memories over here. Our backups are always better than our starters.
You beat me to it! Thats funny stuff man!
Askelson is also our best performing linebacker and he comes off the bench. You can't make this stuff up!!!

mthoopsfan said:
ABQCat said:
Askelson is also our best performing linebacker and he comes off the bench. You can't make this stuff up!!!

How good are your 3d team players? Pretty good, I assume.
Projects mostly. Although our 5th string RB is playing really well. So there's that.

ABQCat said:
I'm surprised I have to remind you guys of this. Some short memories over here. Our backups are always better than our starters.

How does the Bubcats’ montra that backups-are-better-than-our-starters apply with 2 rotating QBs?

For any given snap, the best QB would be on the sidelines. But I guess that’s always the case, so is it really the 3rd stringer we should be worried about?

This is a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma.

Like if a cat always lands on its feet, and toast always lands butter-side-down, what would happen if we glued toast on to the back of a cat and threw it off a building? I’ll tell you what—the same thing that’s going to happen to the bubcats this year—Splat!

garizzalies said:
ABQCat said:

How does the Bubcats’ montra that backups-are-better-than-our-starters apply with 2 rotating QBs?

For any given snap, the best QB would be on the sidelines. But I guess that’s always the case, so is it really the 3rd stringer we should be worried about?

Like if a cat always lands on its feet, and toast always lands butter-side-down, what would happen if we glued toast on to the back of a cat and threw it off a building? I’ll tell you what—the same thing that’s going to happen to the bubcats this year—Splat!
I'd love nothing more than to talk about our 3rd stringer, Jordan Reed. You're reply, although highly scripted, would provide mild entertainment value. But alas, he ACL'd in fall camp. Fun year so far on that front.

ABQCat said:
garizzalies said:

I'd love nothing more than to talk about our 3rd stringer, Jordan Reed. You're reply, although highly scripted, would provide mild entertainment value. But alas, he ACL'd in fall camp. Fun year so far on that front.

It’s not a big deal. I’m sure you guys have a Bowmore, Banner, or Blitzen somewhere on the roster who “looks like the real deal” in practice. Is Tanner Rovig still there? I remember you guys trying to make him happen for about 7 years.

ABQCat said:
garizzalies said:

Scripted?
Would?
Pfft.

6vrohk.jpg

Back