• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game Press Conference

:clap: :clap: :thumb:
GunnyGriz said:
I am inclined to instead point out the treatment of Montana fans by the media. We stomp a Homecoming opponent, winning our fourth straight game in a rout, on top of which we're now ranked in the Top 60 in the entire country by Sagarin. On top of which, Robby Hauck not only sets the all-time record for tackles, he returns a kick for a TD and... the local newspaper leads with the bobcats.

GunnyGriz said:
I am inclined to instead point out the treatment of Montana fans by the media. We stomp a Homecoming opponent, winning our fourth straight game in a rout, on top of which we're now ranked in the Top 60 in the entire country by Sagarin. On top of which, Robby Hauck not only sets the all-time record for tackles, he returns a kick for a TD and... the local newspaper leads with the bobcats.

westsider said:
GunnyGriz said:

This is because, as always, the GRIZ were expected to win. The shitty kitties’ win was shocking, so a far bigger story.

It sure must suck to be a cat.

EverettGriz said:
westsider said:

This is because, as always, the GRIZ were expected to win. The shitty kitties’ win was shocking, so a far bigger story.

It sure must suck to be a cat.

I was recently thinking about what it must be like to be a Cat fan. What would you even do? Do they have full bodily function? Is international travel allowed? Is it part of the Cat Code to think lame things are actually great? What do you do with your hands as a Cat fan? I don’t think I’d know where to start.

I’m gonna take an unpopular position here and agree with citay, but I’ll take it a step further: Bobby’s media relations skills have almost become an embarrassment to the university. It’s time for Haslam, and if not Haslam then Bodnar, to send a clear message to Hauck: Lighten up! Don’t take yourself so seriously, man! Have a little fun and show some humility! And if you can’t genuinely be humble, then fake it convincingly.

I know it’s fashionable these days to be all combative with the press, but like I said, it’s bigger than the head coach. You’re representing the University of Montana. Don’t embarrass us.

Media relations are part of the head coach’s job. Some people on this site act like Bobby has “earned the right” to be a dick to the press. How, exactly? It’s not like he’s won five championships. Since his return, he hasn’t even played in a championship. But even if he’d won five in a row, that’s still no reason to be a dick to sports reporters who don’t even earn enough money to buy a house in Missoula.

We need a little more Don Read, and a little less Don Trump.

Like I said, it’s an unpopular position…

Are you serious or is this another one of your lame attempts at humor? Do you even know the guy? How much time do you spend listening to him or in alumni settings? He’s very personable and funny. He usually gives very good answers to questions. I assume Colter and Riley like him. He was terrific at QB Club last night. I think his media skills are fine, and sometimes very good. As I get older, I am more sympathetic to people being unable or unwilling to show fake respect for people they don’t respect. It’s phony.

blackfootipa said:
His people skills are on point. His personality with the press is by choice.

and a poor reflection on his personality, given that part of his job is to represent the university.

AllWeatherFan said:
I’m gonna take an unpopular position here and agree with citay, but I’ll take it a step further: Bobby’s media relations skills have almost become an embarrassment to the university. It’s time for Haslam, and if not Haslam then Bodnar, to send a clear message to Hauck: Lighten up! Don’t take yourself so seriously, man! Have a little fun and show some humility! And if you can’t genuinely be humble, then fake it convincingly.

I know it’s fashionable these days to be all combative with the press, but like I said, it’s bigger than the head coach. You’re representing the University of Montana. Don’t embarrass us.

Media relations are part of the head coach’s job. Some people on this site act like Bobby has “earned the right” to be a dick to the press. How, exactly? It’s not like he’s won five championships. Since his return, he hasn’t even played in a championship. But even if he’d won five in a row, that’s still no reason to be a dick to sports reporters who don’t even earn enough money to buy a house in Missoula.

We need a little more Don Read, and a little less Don Trump.

Like I said, it’s an unpopular position…

i'm going to take the more unpopular position (by virtue of me being more unpopular than you two), and agree with both of you.

mthoopsfan said:
Are you serious or is this another one of your lame attempts at humor? Do you even know the guy? How much time do you spend listening to him or in alumni settings? He’s very personable and funny. He usually gives very good answers to questions. I assume Colter and Riley like him. He was terrific at QB Club last night. I think his media skills are fine, and sometimes very good. As I get older, I am more sympathetic to people being unable or unwilling to show fake respect for people they don’t respect. It’s phony.

if the press did as they felt, and returned their disdain of his demeanor, bobby would walk out.

mthoopsfan said:

Hell, if you didn't show fake respect at times there wouldn't be one enduring marriage in the entire world!

The man gets paid up to $500,000 a year to represent this great institution of ours and acts like a total dick in the post game presser. Sounds about right. Making us all proud!

citay said:
mthoopsfan said:

Hell, if you didn't show fake respect at times there wouldn't be one enduring marriage in the entire world!

I respect my wife, so it's easy to show her respect.

UncleP said:
The man gets paid up to $500,000 a year to represent this great institution of ours and acts like a total dick in the post game presser. Sounds about right. Making us all proud!

Is anyone of note actually watching post-game pressers? I doubt those watching are UM's big ticket donors, or major influencers. Also, I don't think he comes off like a dick, just a bit disinterested at times. Where's your $500,000 per year coming from?

mthoopsfan said:
UncleP said:

Is anyone of note actually watching post-game pressers? I doubt those watching are UM's big ticket donors, or major influencers. Also, I don't think he comes off like a dick, just a bit disinterested at times. Where's your $500,000 per year coming from?

Just google it. The details of his four year contract are out there.

UncleP said:

He is a superb football coach that makes me proud! He isn’t the university PR man for media relations.

Finally some of Griz nation is getting tired of Bobby’s antics. Definitely not a good look for the university of Montana, quit embarrassing actually. Comparing him to Saban and Bellichick makes no sense, those guys are championship level coaches. Bobby has never won anything! 15-49 in the FBS no Natty’s in the FCS. No excuse to be an a$$hope to people just trying to do their job.

I honestly haven't watched a post-game press conference in a few weeks. Is he really being a dick? Like yelling at reporters and swearing a lot or something? Or is it more like a "We're on to Cincinnati" thing?

Westcoastfan said:
Finally some of Griz nation is getting tired of Bobby’s antics. Definitely not a good look for the university of Montana, quit embarrassing actually. Comparing him to Saban and Bellichick makes no sense, those guys are championship level coaches. Bobby has never won anything! 15-49 in the FBS no Natty’s in the FCS. No excuse to be an a$$hope to people just trying to do their job.

Uh, you're the only one here who needs to "quit embarrassing".

Westcoastfan said:

I'll tell you what must be embarrassing for a program: Allowing 10 TDs in ONE game. Holy shit. When are Bobcat fans going to see the light and get someone in there who doesn't try to play NDSU ball with MSU talent?

Back